A Look At 2024

“He hasn't even scratched the surface,” Larranaga said. “His offensive skills, as good as they are, can reach not just one level up but two or three levels up. And we're going to spend a lot of time with him spring, summer and fall leading into next season, and we'll see a much improved offensive player. How do you say that when the guy's already averaging double-figure points in rebounds? I don't know. But he's just getting better and better.”

Advertisement
Let’s up that NIL bag.
You make it all sound so simple, when it's anything but, under the uneven NIL-portal-solicitations rules. Assuming Ruiz/LW finances and/or focu$ on football are NOT a problem going forward (and some think that's a big IF more than others) we still are Miami... BOT...Dr. Frenk... The last guy probably would rather have a sweet-16 ACC BB team to "congratulate" than a Final-4 one that the pundits are widely saying "was bought and paid for". We fans guffaw as we know or care abt bags others have used to gain the top, and can eat up the hate-Miami and spit it out, but Frenkly-speaking I'm not sure they view it the same way...

...while NIL helped get us a Final-4, it also got us unpleasant publicity last year, and the Katie Meyers suspension, unjustified or not, doesn't help. While I hope and pray along with the rest of ya, I wouldn't be totally surprised if we don't see a big $igning deal this time, or if Wong leaves (for lack of huge NIL, etc.)

Last edited:
You make it all sound so simple, when it's anything but, under the uneven NIL-portal-solicitations rules. Assuming Ruiz/LW finances and/or focu$ on football are NOT a problem going forward (and some think that's a big IF more than others) we still are Miami... BOT...Dr. Frenk... The last guy probably would rather have a sweet-16 ACC BB team to "congratulate" than a Final-4 one that the pundits are widely saying "was bought and paid for". We fans guffaw as we know or care abt bags others have used to gain the top, and can eat up the hate-Miami and spit it out, but Frenkly-speaking I'm not sure they view it the same way...

...while NIL helped get us a Final-4, it also got us unpleasant publicity last year, and the Katie Meyers suspension, unjustified or not, doesn't help. While I hope and pray along with the rest of ya, I wouldn't be totally surprised if we don't see a big $igning deal this time, or if Wong leaves (for lack of huge NIL, etc.)
Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

“He hasn't even scratched the surface,” Larranaga said. “His offensive skills, as good as they are, can reach not just one level up but two or three levels up. And we're going to spend a lot of time with him spring, summer and fall leading into next season, and we'll see a much improved offensive player. How do you say that when the guy's already averaging double-figure points in rebounds? I don't know. But he's just getting better and better.”
No doubt they are going to work on his mid-range jumper. He has nice touch. Put this in his ****nal and he will be deadly. He is going to have a huge season.

Advertisement
Is it possible Wooga would move to the 2 to replace Wong? Can Casey play the 3?

Would allow Omier to move to the 4 and add a transfer big man

Would help add length to our lineup
You give up a massive amount of shooting with Casey, Omier, and a big man on the floor together.

Advertisement
Is it possible Wooga would move to the 2 to replace Wong? Can Casey play the 3?

Would allow Omier to move to the 4 and add a transfer big man

Would help add length to our lineup
Not this year’s Wooga. He did not have the ball handling skills to be a true 2 guard. Maybe next year but he has a lot of work to do if that’s is what he wants.

If Wong leaves, we have less clout imho in the transfer portal. True, we’d go after a SG replacement, but it’s probably easier to sell a team with Wong/Pack/Omier

If Wong leaves, we have less clout imho in the transfer portal. True, we’d go after a SG replacement, but it’s probably easier to sell a team with Wong/Pack/Omier
There’s an abundance of Scoring Guards in the Portal, there’s less Forwards & even less Bigs.

It doesn’t appear Wong is leaving as of now, but if he did, finding another suitable Guard is a lot easier than finding a Swing-PF or a Shooting C.

There’s an abundance of Scoring Guards in the Portal, there’s less Forwards & even less Bigs.

It doesn’t appear Wong is leaving as of now, but if he did, finding another suitable Guard is a lot easier than finding a Swing-PF or a Shooting C.
Please explain why you think Wong doesn’t appear to be leaving thanks……

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wong needs to declare and enter the process without an agent. He’s got nothing to lose to get a feel for what the league thinks about him. He’ll likely hear he needs to learn to shoot the three better, but all it takes is one team to fall in love and his future is secure.

Advertisement
Back