A joke about Mike Leach?

If you guys ever get tired of running Purgatory, I hear Vijaya Gadde is looking for work
Tom Cruise Laugh GIF

Advertisement
Seems excessive. I chuckled at the joke.

If we can’t joke about death, what can we joke about?
We can, hoping that our time is (way, waaaaay) down the road.

To joke about one's death,
while the man is dying,
due to unexpected circumstances,
as family is gathering to pay their last respects,

is a much different story.

To each his own though.
I only responded because you asked....as rhetorical as the question was.

We can, hoping that our time is (way, waaaaay) down the road.

To joke about one's death,
while the man is dying,
due to unexpected circumstances,
as family is gathering to pay their last respects,

is a much different story.

To each his own though.
I only responded because you asked....as rhetorical as the question was.
I didn't even joke about Leach's [then current] medical crisis or his [then likely pending] death.

Just for the cheap seats.

I didn't even joke about Leach's [then current] medical crisis or his [then likely pending] death.

Just for the cheap seats.
I read your post.

For the record, do I think you should have been sent to solitary, or Siberia, or wherever the **** you were sent?
The answer is no.
Would you you have made any comment about MSU recruits that day if Leach were not on his death bed?
The answer is also no.

There’s 15,000 personalities on this board. It’s what makes the CIS world go round.
To each his own.

Advertisement
I read your post.

For the record, do I think you should have been sent to solitary, or Siberia, or wherever the **** you were sent?
The answer is no.
Would you you have made any comment about MSU recruits that day if Leach were not on his death bed?
The answer is also no.

There’s 15,000 personalities on this board. It’s what makes the CIS world go round.
To each his own.
You realize, of course, the cutthroat nature of CFB vs his tragic medical condition was the whole point re: comment about his recruits.

You do realize, there is at least a rumor, that Rara Thomas was (is) on Miami's radar? What team was he a member of again? He joins the Canes and let's start cooking up the crow shall we.

Coach Leach passed on Mon, 12 Dec. Miss St, clearly paralyzed and bereft with grief, signed his replacement to a 4-yr deal on Wed, 14 Dec (Blake James was like "you know how to do that search!". I'm sure we can conjure the timeline of that negotiation--do you think they talked to Arnett in the hospital's lobby or waited at least until he drove out of the parking lot? Coach Leach's funeral has yet to happen amd Zach has already moved into the big office. Miss St is playing on 2 Jan in their bowl "for The Pirate" and I have no doubt he would have wanted it that way.

How many nasty and vile things have been said on CIS about Leach in years past? Or just nasty and vile in general? There are some hum dingers for sure...one in particular is my favorite.

To each their own clutching pearls.

Last edited:
You realize, of course, the cutthroat nature of CFB vs his tragic medical condition was the whole point re: comment about his recruits.

You do realize, there is at least a rumor, that Rara Thomas was (is) on Miami's radar? What team was he a member of again? He joins the Canes and let's start cooking up the crow shall we.

Coach Leach passed on Mon, 12 Dec. Miss St, clearly paralyzed and bereft with grief, signed his replacement to a 4-yr deal on Wed, 14 Dec (Blake James was like "you know how to do that search!". I'm sure we can conjure the timeline of that negotiation--do you think they talked to Arnett in the hospital's lobby or waited at least until he drove out of the parking lot? Coach Leach's funeral has yet to happen amd Zach has already moved into the big office. Miss St is playing on 2 Jan in their bowl "for The Pirate" and I have no doubt he would have wanted it that way.

How many nasty and vile things have been said on CIS about Leach in years past? Or just nasty and vile in general? There are some hum dingers for sure...one in particular is my favorite.

To each their own clutching pearls.
Sure.

Advertisement
Back