A Genuine Thanks Al Golden

Advertisement
So I know it's not the popular thing to do but I want to thank Al Golden. While the guy may not necessarily deserve the job after 5 years, he does deserve some respect. As a canes fan, I recognize that he has put countless hours in trying to make this work, trying to make the U, THE U again. For that you got to respect the man. If you watch the post game from last night, you can just tell he wants to win so bad. He wants it to work out. Over time the truth will come out and he will likely be let go at the rate he's going, so as fans let's tone the hate somewhat and show some respect. I think I have seen enough from him, but I think I've seen more than enough from the fans.

Thanks Al you have my support since you have been a man about this whole situation. You have put blood sweat and tears into it. You didn't hire yourself, so try to turn this around with whatever you have left.

-A real canes fan that hates losing.

Here you go OP, knew you wanted to Thank Al Golden musically

[video=youtube;KiQzUEc_FmI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiQzUEc_FmI[/video]

OP you mean the same Al that swindled an insane extension in his first year, same Al that put his best friend above the best interest of the university, same Al that was given everything he wanted, the same Al that invented new ways to blame others and deflect any blame from his wefense?

Because if you mean that Al then no he deserves nothing.

By the way how you know he works all these countless hours?
Because he told you?

So I know it's not the popular thing to do but I want to thank Al Golden. While the guy may not necessarily deserve the job after 5 years, he does deserve some respect. As a canes fan, I recognize that he has put countless hours in trying to make this work, trying to make the U, THE U again. For that you got to respect the man. If you watch the post game from last night, you can just tell he wants to win so bad. He wants it to work out. Over time the truth will come out and he will likely be let go at the rate he's going, so as fans let's tone the hate somewhat and show some respect. I think I have seen enough from him, but I think I've seen more than enough from the fans.

Thanks Al you have my support since you have been a man about this whole situation. You have put blood sweat and tears into it. You didn't hire yourself, so try to turn this around with whatever you have left.

He tried to turn us into psu not make us THE U again. When it didn't work, he blamed the players and the fans. Never once has he ever even thought that the problem was his plan and methods. He refused all change. We a coach blames the players, who then go on to NFL and prove they were not the problem, he is not a good man. Al was repaid for his "sticking with us" by long extension. Then he begged the psu job when he knew he had failed. He knows he failed but continues to blame others. The last two "extra" years are all the thanks he gets.

Advertisement

The man and his shark agent used to the NCAA situation to leverage an ABSURD contract and massive power. This is a business, and Al did what businessmen do. And so will Miami and I don't feel even one iota bad for him, or feel that he deserves my respect. He doesn't.

how much do we really know about the Penn State situation? as far as i know it was all here say and no actual evidence was found. could be wrong but it seems to be a pain point for most fans and are we sure that we know that whole story? just curious and never really looked into it much

MFer thought He had the job in the bag...so much so, He said "It's like being home" when asked about it at that time.
And the MFer couldn't even lie straight when He finally came out of hiding. Told the media He wasn't "a candidate for any other job", and the whole time He was still waiting on that phone call from PSU, in the event contract negotiations with Franklin & PSU fell through.
Even one of His friends said He was butthurt when He didn't get the gig.
***** em'.

Hitler put a lot of time, work, and effort into trying to exterminate the Jews. Should we thank him too?

And no. It's about results and his suck. He's exterminating the program and I struggle to respect someone who got paid 2.5 million dollars to live in Miami as opposed to being paid in vending machine snacks and living in Philadelphia and held the school by the balls before trying to sneak his way out the backdoor to Penn State the opposite of how a man handles it. The hate he gets is beyond warranted and to tone it down gives a reprieve that is underserved.

he played us with penn state, never fired his best friend when he should have and played the game at the end of last season to get all of his buyout, instead of leaving like a man. FU Al Golden

From a REAL Cane that respects a good coach. This guys a punk

Amen brother boar.

Advertisement
Dude wouldn't make the changes that were necessary to win. He failed at his job. He failed the kids that played for him.

No, he gets no thanks.

Both he and the morons like Flake and these BOT clowns who have thumbed their uppity entitled noses at us deserve the worst. End of story. Smug azzholes who have all this (probably stolen) money and think they can treat this program and its fans like dirt can go straight to ****.

Advertisement
I can't believe that I seriously just read this...

The guy makes millions of dollars every year while completely failing at his vocation.

He supposedly flirted with his alma mater for their job. I don't know the details and quite frankly I don't ******* care. The idea is egregious enough.

He constantly throws his players under the bus.

He has shown far more stubbornness than I have ever seen with his failure of a defensive system. It's obvious that he is living in the 80's and 90's and the game has passed him by and he refuses to adapt.

Respect? **** that. The guy is a thief, swindler, snake oil salesman, and cannot be gone soon enough.

I can't believe that this admin is so stupid that we are still having these conversations. They guy should have never been hired, he's a **** joke.

Look I hate Al Golden's efforts at Miami as much as anyone. He is, and was, a complete disaster as a Head Coach at UM. Jed Fisch extended his tenure when most coached would have been fired after the defense collapsed by making Stephen Morris a name in 2011. I suspect he left because he knew he would never score enough points to overcome the defensive system DNo and Golden were running after the 2012 season. Then he made the fatal decision to go the Jags which was not a smart move. But that shows how desperate he was to distance himself from AG. And where is he now, at Michigan enjoying the benefits of associating himself with a real coach, Jim Harbaugh.

But, and I hate to say it, I think Al Golden is probably a decent man. He loves his wife and children, and is just in over his head with this job. Is their a job on this planet where his philosophy can succeed? Probably, if he dumps DNo. But it it is just not here and not now. I don't wish death on him like many posters here. I wish him a healthy and full life for taking the shot at being our coach. But he has proved he just isn't the guy for this job, at this time.

OP would probably thank Kenneth Lay and Jeffery Skillings for all their hard work at Enron even though they stole millions from share holders.

Golden leveraged his position and our situation with the NCAA into an undeserved contract extension that UM was stupid enough to give him and will have to buyout. What exactly would you like to thank him for?

Last edited:
Advertisement
But, and I hate to say it, I think Al Golden is probably a decent man. He loves his wife and children, and is just in over his head with this job. Is their a job on this planet where his philosophy can succeed? Probably, if he dumps DNo. But it it is just not here and not now. I don't wish death on him like many posters here. I wish him a healthy and full life for taking the shot at being our coach. But he has proved he just isn't the guy for this job, at this time.

***** that, this guy couldn't win if Buddy Ryan was His DC...at anytime...anywhere...***** em'.

I didn't imply he was a good coach. I just disagree he is some monster that should be killed because he didn't win at UM. Get real folks.

He makes a **** of a lot more money than I do. Hard to feel too badly for him.

Advertisement
Back