A Nice Afternoon BJ

Advertisement
Is Fernandez optimistic that a deal is close with Radakovich to be athletic director?

“I’m always optimistic,” Fernandez said. “We’re big fans of Pat Riley. We’re out whale hunting. We hold Dan in very high regard. He’s one of the top people in the country at his profession. Have tremendous respect for him. I’m not going to say anything else on the AD search.”

God. ****. The total 180 shift in mindset here from the last 20 years is something I never thought I’d see again. All of this plus Ruiz trying to build a stadium? Lol let’s ******* go.

Key points:

- The school essentially handed the keys to a new cast of power-breakers, while politely keeping the old guard at a comfortable distance.

- Rudy Fernandez, Joe Echevarria, Jose Más and Manny Kadre ran the search. Epstein was minimally involved but was “supportive” of the move to Cristobal.

- Mas and Cristobal are tight and that helped a lot.

- Assistant coaching budget will be more than $8 million.

- No UM health system money is directly going to athletics.

- Brady in the mix for OC.

- Eddie Nunez still an option for AD if Radakovich declines, as is Colorado AD Rick George. UM made an overture to Alabama AD Greg Byrne, but he wasn’t interested.

- Zo and Torretta were legit candidates for AD, but UM decided it didn’t want to hire a first timer.

creep.gif

Advertisement
God. ****. The total 180 shift in mindset here from the last 20 years is something I never thought I’d see again. All of this plus Ruiz trying to build a stadium? Lol let’s ******* go.
It's almost like Rudy spent 10 years reading this board, slowly becoming as aggravated with the program as we all have been, and then was released to do work.

Advertisement

Key points:

- The school essentially handed the keys to a new cast of power-breakers, while politely keeping the old guard at a comfortable distance.

- Rudy Fernandez, Joe Echevarria, Jose Más and Manny Kadre ran the search. Epstein was minimally involved but was “supportive” of the move to Cristobal.

- Mas and Cristobal are tight and that helped a lot.

- Assistant coaching budget will be more than $8 million.

- No UM health system money is directly going to athletics.

- Brady in the mix for OC.

- Eddie Nunez still an option for AD if Radakovich declines, as is Colorado AD Rick George. UM made an overture to Alabama AD Greg Byrne, but he wasn’t interested.

- Zo and Torretta were legit candidates for AD, but UM decided it didn’t want to hire a first timer.

I’ve only heard whispers of you, didn’t think you were real

Advertisement
UM made an overture to Alabama AD Greg Byrne, but he wasn’t interested.

This was obviously the long shot of long shots, but love reading this. Make an elite athletic director turn you down. In the past, reaching out to someone like Byrne wouldn't have even been considered. It's encouraging that the University is shooting for the stars rather than operating with an inferiority complex.

WE
NOT
*UCKIN
PLAYIN

Advertisement
It was part of the deal. Mario was a big NYSOM fan from way back. Mario insisted on the unband if he was to return to Miami.
This actually happened. It wasn’t in his podcast but the fate of our collective fan sanities was at stake and it came down to a decision made by D$: Unban NYSOM and Mario signs or don’t unban him and we get another year of Manny. D$ made the call.

Advertisement
Back