A Nice Afternoon BJ

Advertisement

Key points:

- The school essentially handed the keys to a new cast of power-breakers, while politely keeping the old guard at a comfortable distance.

- Rudy Fernandez, Joe Echevarria, Jose Más and Manny Kadre ran the search. Epstein was kept at a distance but was “supportive” of the move to Cristobal.

- Mas and Cristobal are tight and that helped a lot.

- Assistant coaching budget will be more than $8 million.

- No UM health system money is directly going to athletics.

- Brady in the mix for OC.

- Eddie Nunez still an option for AD if Radakovich declines, as is Colorado AD Rick George. UM made an overture to Alabama AD Greg Byrne, but he wasn’t interested.

- Zo and Torretta were candidates for AD, but UM decided it didn’t want to hire a first timer.

Haters be damned. Welcome home, NYSOM!

"Assistant coaching budget will be more than $8 million."

I am assuming this includes off field assistants?

Honestly i hope not. I hope the 8 million is only for the 10 assistant coaches and grad assistants who i think only make a small stipend. Off field assistants like analysts, evaluators, street agents, etc should have a separate budget.

Advertisement
Why is Radakovich still deciding?

We saw a report that the ADs being considered preferred other HC candidates, not Cristobal. This probably includes Rad. I do remember a report that Rad and Mario were supposed to talk at some point, maybe it already happened.

Advertisement
Hopefully Ruiz down to drop a bag via NIL anytime TAMU, Bama or Georgia stroll in here and try and steal a kid

Advertisement
- Assistant coaching budget will be more than $8 million.

- No UM health system money is directly going to athletics.

- Brady in the mix for OC.
will ferrell brennan GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back