A few scrimmage nuggets

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s a pretty good athlete , it’s more he’s not a runner. He’s just a pocket passer. He’s not a statue, just not interested in scrambling or running. Which is fine, move the pocket and the curbs plays is enough. You just won’t see zone reads and designed runs.
We need him to see over the LOS, downfield, and move just enough to keep plays alive. We don't NEED a guy that runs a 4.4 40 at QB. We need someone that can see their targets, and hit them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Very disappointing on Redding. Obviously early and not writing him off but he won’t be waited on with all of the guys we have brought in.

Thanks.
Could Redding's issues based on his size be due to scheme? Coaching? I think we are too quick to judge the players performance or lack there of and totally rule out the chance coaching or scheme is the problem. Just never understood that thought process as a former player.

At some point we have to hold these highly compensated coaches accountable and stop blaming the players right away without having full knowledge of the situation.

Sorry bud, I will never let fan allegiance deter from sound analysis. If you don't want to learn about the game and just want rah-rah meathead soundbites you're welcome to put me on ignore list and follow the 50+ porsters who post the same machismo drivel in every thread.

I hate the **** fanbase as much as anyone but when I see an offense littered with ordinary talents (besides Pitts) score 40 a game and finish 8th in yards per play I think to myself "gee it'd be nice to have something like that going at Miami". I post about the Bama scheme a lot too but it's easier to make an apples to apples comparison to a team that doesn't have a 3-deep of blue chip future top-3 round picks.

It's a simple point - UF rotated a ton of WR/TEs the last 2 years and put them all in roles that fit their skillsets. This doesn't have to be a foreign concept at Miami. A pass game can have more to it than verts, screens and glance routes.

Why can’t people get this?

You can get better execution if you tailor your schemes to the exact skill sets of the players you have on deck.

Advertisement
Yes, he hit a FG today. TEs missing a lot of people, mostly Mammarelli and walk-ons playing now.

What distance?

This is an area of concern for me. Ive always said the toughest position to transition from HS to college is kicker.

Advertisement
Back