A Disappointing BJ šŸ˜¢

How many times has he banned and allowed back on? And started off being ā€œtolerableā€? Itā€™s the definition of insanity.
Iā€™m aware of what some posters have done, including leaving me with egg on my face. Regardless, the owners decided to give a bunch of banned users new chances. when this happened I went and got 2 banned posters back on because of other guys getting freed. And theyā€™re doing fine.

Talk to the owners if you donā€™t like it. The Maudeā€™s and Mods deal with the hands we are dealt. Iā€™m absolutely going to be fair about it and honor the Board ownersā€™ decisions in good faith by dealing with the parolees fairly. Not everyone wanted every banned user back on but if someone does the right things then good for them. Iā€™ve made known where I draw the line on unbannings and itā€™s not because of *** shtick or because someone said Manny sucks.
Bro donā€™t ever say ā€œegg on my faceā€ in a @nystateofmind thread. A bit too much allyship

Advertisement
If you get unband, do you get some sort of alert or do all these guys just keep checking the site no matter what? Just curious.
I donā€™t think thereā€™s an email. I DMā€™d posters I knew had contact with the 2 I got unbanned.

My 2 scents is this: Miami has one of the most exciting offenses around. It young and a bit unpoleished, but Iā€™d like to see another game. Iā€™m also curiass as to how the defense will look with Manny gone. Moar football is better; if Miami can take the field with enough gUyS.

Most of the time, your schtick doesn't work, but that one was gold.

Most of us appreciate your maudiness and all the free time it takes to do it, even if some others don't. I was an RA in college and feel like its a similar job... Necessary and underappreciated unless the one doing the underappreciating disagrees with something.

Underrated comment.

Advertisement
So, just to be clear....politics are now okay on here? This is the one place i go to not hear about this stuff so i just want to make sure the non politics stance has changed?
I donā€™t disagree with you in principle. Iā€™ve read through the comments in here. I know that the statement is coVid but itā€™s rooted in a set of beliefs. That Mod has injected politics into the main board before. Itā€™s not helpful, just like itā€™s not helpful if a Mod or Maude starts using insults when weā€™re trying to clean that up.

As Iā€™ve said previously, I canā€™t control what other Mods or Maudeā€™s do, whether I agree with it or not - only the board owners can, but for the rest of us thereā€™s rules on this which Iā€™m trying to follow along with the majority.

The truly important question here is whether the inventor of a very colorful vocabulary to rate porsters is allowed to return...
So I banned @Mklein13 and I like the guy. But he wasnā€™t being helpful after the Maudeā€™s got him unbanned. If he were unbanned, Iā€™d give him the same benefit as the others, but I donā€™t think itā€™s warranted really. Heā€™s repeatedly done the same thing. Same with Gooner. If one got unbanned both should but I certainly donā€™t see any mods or Maudeā€™s pushing for that or supporting it. But whatever it is it is.

Even NYSOM, Iā€™ve previously asked for various levels of unbanning and was ignored. On top of it, I wasnā€™t looking to fight with Mods when they had to suffer through his last rampages. It was done outside of all of us knowing. In this situation, I was happy for him but it was after the fact of his release.

The people Iā€™ll go to war over to stop an unbanning have done far worse on the board than these guys.

Advertisement
It's "a face on my egg" that's really the problematic verbiage.
Smiley Face GIF

Respectfully, what yā€™all end up seeing is a scintilla of what actually gets posted. We delete and warn a ton for political content, and right now there is more traffic than anytime in our lives. Stuff gets through.

As an example, in the thread about OUR TEAM getting the virus I literally deleted 15 of the first 20 posts in attempt to save the thread because it was highly relevant information about the very subject this board exists to discuss. Checked in a few pages later and it was a war zone. Whatā€™s the solution? Ban everyone? Obviously not, so the thread got moved.

To ask, ā€œis this still the place where politics arenā€™t allowedā€œ is kinda like going to a popular restaurant and asking, ā€œis this still the place where no one talks loudly?ā€ You went there for the food, you like that they keep the atmosphere chill and relaxing, but every once in awhile someone is going to act up. It can be helped, but it canā€™t be eliminated entirely.

If you scour the internet for another place where thousands of people gather to discuss anything at all, Iā€™d think very few compare favorably to what weā€™ve done here. We do a remarkable job keeping politics out of the discussion of most threads. The rest of the job is up to yā€™all. Dont fight back, just report it. See what we donā€™t see.
I almost agree with literally everything you said, the one part you left off (not sure you noticed) was that a mod made the statement i commented on. Otherwise, i wouldn't have said a thing as i know you all can't control non Mods/Maudes and you all work way too hard on a free site. You also don't want to band everyone and i definitely don't want that either.

So again, what you said truly makes perfect sense IF i was complaining about what a non mod said. The only reason I pointed this out was because a mod was instigating, it was political (imo), and this mod often does the things they're supposed to moderate which comes off as hypocritical.

Anyway, didn't mean for this to blowup or detail the thread and I'm sure this is annoying to some so I'll stop. Just wanted to clarify exactly why I said what I said.

I almost agree with literally everything you said, the one part you left off (not sure you noticed) was that a mod made the statement i commented on. Otherwise, i wouldn't have said a thing as i know you all can't control non Mods/Maudes and you all work way too hard on a free site. You also don't want to band everyone and i definitely don't want that either.

So again, what you said truly makes perfect sense IF i was complaining about what a non mod said. The only reason I pointed this out was because a mod was instigating, it was political, and this mod often does the things they're supposed to moderate which comes off as hypocritical.

Anyway, didn't mean for this to blowup or detail the thread and I'm sure this is annoying to some so I'll stop. Just wanted to clarify exactly why I said what I said.
You are correct and I should have considered the context.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back