A Decade of Hurricane 2 Stars>>>

Advertisement
Pretty good list of 2stars... Especially from 07-2010... Solid contributors and decent depth guys... No one expected them to be AA players, yet Tyler Horn was all-conference and players like Figuera, Gaines and Hill were solid starters... Meanwhile Cain and Cleveland were depth guys with a few highlights... That being said, they did what they were supposed to do... Now if we have 25 guys that are 2 stars then we have a problem... A lot of times they aren't 2 stars due to talent it's because their expected contribution may take place a bit further in the future due to a number of development factors...

I just looked at the 2004 Class a ton of 4 and 5 stars that did nada

Advertisement
(decided to update with stars based on contributions; nothing would mean 2*)

Thinking about this Liggins kid, I decided to go back and look at Rivals and how we've done when we sign 2 Star type of athletes

So... here's the list:

2004: Romeo Davis, Cedric Hill, Khalil Jones, Josh Kerr, Jon St. Pierre, George Timmons
2005: Jerrell Mabry
2006: Joel Figueroa (3*), George Hill, Danielle Stegal
2007: Dan Adderley, Tyler Horn (3*),
2008: John Calhoun, Taylor Cook, Pat Hill (3*), Zach Kane, Brandon Marti, CJ Odom, Andrew Smith, Jake Wieclaw
2009: Stephen Plein
2010: Jeffrey Brown, Kelvin Cain, Asante Cleveland, Jimmy Gaines (negative 3*)
2011: Corey King, Matt Goudis
2012: none
2013: Ufomba Kamalu, Walter Tucker
2014: none to date

A Decade of Diamonds in the rough. LMAO

29 kids and not one good player. A few starters on some bad teams is the best we can say.

entire point was merely to give gaines negative 3*...i will never understand how that kid got a free ride at UM...

(decided to update with stars based on contributions; nothing would mean 2*)

Thinking about this Liggins kid, I decided to go back and look at Rivals and how we've done when we sign 2 Star type of athletes

So... here's the list:

2004: Romeo Davis, Cedric Hill, Khalil Jones, Josh Kerr, Jon St. Pierre, George Timmons
2005: Jerrell Mabry
2006: Joel Figueroa (3*), George Hill, Danielle Stegal
2007: Dan Adderley, Tyler Horn (3*),
2008: John Calhoun, Taylor Cook, Pat Hill (3*), Zach Kane, Brandon Marti, CJ Odom, Andrew Smith, Jake Wieclaw
2009: Stephen Plein
2010: Jeffrey Brown, Kelvin Cain, Asante Cleveland, Jimmy Gaines (negative 3*)
2011: Corey King, Matt Goudis
2012: none
2013: Ufomba Kamalu, Walter Tucker
2014: none to date

A Decade of Diamonds in the rough. LMAO

29 kids and not one good player. A few starters on some bad teams is the best we can say.

entire point was merely to give gaines negative 3*...i will never understand how that kid got a free ride at UM...

Ol Corch Randy. Kamalu intrigues me. That kids HS highlights were dirty.

Not shocked to see the 08 class, that for some reason every one thinks was the best ever

Well, lets be fair here DiegoCane. Jake Wieclaw was a 4/5 star going into his senior year but he broke his leg. Otherwise he was considered a superstud.

Zach Kane was the next bad a$$ white boy. Visions of Bill Hawkins and Dan Morgan raced through out brains after people saw highlights of him absolutely be-heading cats up in the Northeast we couldnt wait until he got down here.

Otherwise, that list is pretty sad overall. Shows how awful Coker and Shannon were at evals. You would think they would have learned a thing or two from being around Butch for so long. (and Randy was under Jimmy for awhile. Smh)

Andrew Smith was considered "underrated" and Brandon Marti, from local guys who saw him, was considered a bad white boy too. Just couldnt leave the party drugs alone. lol.

Advertisement
No team is winning titles without dominating the recruiting rankings. It's not 1995 anymore, completely different world, and Al Golden is no Butch Davis, not even close.

No team is winning titles without dominating the recruiting rankings. It's not 1995 anymore, completely different world, and Al Golden is no Butch Davis, not even close.

What is your point? Miami isn't recruiting Liggins. We have a Top 10 class.

Advertisement
This really doesn't prove anything. Seantrel Henderson was a 5 star and never lived up to his rating. Ed Reed was a 2 star and now he's one of the best safeties to ever play the game. You hit and miss with a lot of players. Not only 2 stars.

If they had star rankings back then Russ Maryland might have been lucky to be a 2 star and Jimmie Jones would have been a no star. Different era now, and fewer kids fly under the radar, but it can still happen.

Advertisement
I'm trying to understand what the expectations are for two star recruits. For me, at best, a two star means a solid back-up or maybe a starter.

The list presented resulted in a future pro (Horn), solid starters in Hill, Goudis, Wieclaw and Gaines and possibly solid back-ups in Tucker and Kamalu.

I don't have recall on the others before 2010. Looks like pretty good results for two stars.

You're looking at it from the wrong viewpoint. You should be trying to understand what the expectations are for a scholarship to play football at the university of Miami and work from there.

Kane went to Milford, then ended up at Temple under Golden. Last available information indicated he had a season-ending knee injury there. Does anybody know how he ended up?

He had 140 tackles his senior year, 14 sacks, 25 TFLs. Sounds like he was pretty good in HS.

Pretty good list of 2stars... Especially from 07-2010... Solid contributors and decent depth guys... No one expected them to be AA players, yet Tyler Horn was all-conference and players like Figuera, Gaines and Hill were solid starters... Meanwhile Cain and Cleveland were depth guys with a few highlights... That being said, they did what they were supposed to do... Now if we have 25 guys that are 2 stars then we have a problem... A lot of times they aren't 2 stars due to talent it's because their expected contribution may take place a bit further in the future due to a number of development factors...

Have you ever posted on any website something that WASNT a subtle attempt to prop up Randy? I've never seen a single post of yours that doesn't come to his aid in some way. It's sickening.

Advertisement
Back