A couple notes on offensive line

Spoke to a team source last night. He had a couple interesting tidbits on the OL.

- Tyler Gauthier is getting some work at guard. He's still primarily a center, but this is an interesting wrinkle that gives the line some more flexibility.

- John Campbell is getting reps with the 1s at RT. I wouldn't read too much into that (Searels likes to mix and match in spring) but the word is that Campbell is further along than expected. All of the freshmen look like players.

Keep bringing the tidbits D$.

Imagine what a Miami Hurricanes Offense would look like with an elite OL. Hasn’t happened since when, 2002?

Advertisement
75 is how I want an OL to look. Doesn’t look like a sloppy blobby pig.

As for Campbell, where’s the genius who rated him as a career backup type for the Palm Beach Post?

Gary Furburger has him as a possible bust, he named him and blades when asked who he thought the possible flops were.

Advertisement
Hillerys body is looking like he's about ready to go, looking like a prototypical tackle.

I wonder how Tre s looking ? He had a great frame , just needed size and strength.

I heard tre was gonna end up transferring from a friend at school (not saying it's a sure thing or anything like that but that's what tre told him)

I heard tre was gonna end up transferring from a friend at school (not saying it's a sure thing or anything like that but that's what tre told him)

Makes sense if it’s true , with all the talent coming and him being so raw he could see himself getting buried on the depth chart.

Advertisement
Hillery will be getting a lot of time as the season progresses. Yeah I believe Tre Johnson is gone.

Advertisement
Who the fck asks that question about kids on our team?
A bunch of weirdo pedophilic buttboys who subscribe to that site.
So glad I left that cesspool.

Yep, it was when I listened to his recruiting podcast. I think it was one of the questions asked , I don’t subscribe but do listen to the podcast occasionally.

He’s mentioned multiple times Blades was overrated and is more a camp superstar. He always menthoned the same two guys as reaches or potential busts.

Advertisement
Hmmm, Oline bois looking like grown *** mens. Maybe my skepticism bout da Oline making a significant improvement this year may have been misplaced. It's all about da trenches and da foxholes!

Yeah. We absolutely need an improved OL next year. So, its a presumption we may have a top OL in a couple seasons? Is this a good nucleus of young talent?

this is starting to look like what an UM OLine should look like(just on my slanted eye test) But yeah, for the past decade or so we had way to many 'Section 8's'(projects) on scholly...

Advertisement
Back