A couple notes on offensive line

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Spoke to a team source last night. He had a couple interesting tidbits on the OL.

- Tyler Gauthier is getting some work at guard. He's still primarily a center, but this is an interesting wrinkle that gives the line some more flexibility.

- John Campbell is getting reps with the 1s at RT. I wouldn't read too much into that (Searels likes to mix and match in spring) but the word is that Campbell is further along than expected. All of the freshmen look like players.

Advertisement
Spoke to a team source last night. He had a couple interesting tidbits on the OL.

- Tyler Gauthier is getting some work at guard. He's still primarily a center, but this is an interesting wrinkle that gives the line some more flexibility.

- John Campbell is getting reps with the 1s at RT. I wouldn't read too much into that (Searels likes to mix and match in spring) but the word is that Campbell is further along than expected. All of the freshmen look like players.

Good stuff, slowly but surely Searels is building up the mess Kehoe left AGAIN. Great guy and cane but oline coach he is not.

Yo D are you going to be at scrimmage?

Good news about Campbell, we need these young guys to push for minutes to improve our depth.

Advertisement

Didn't Tyler play guard at Venice High School?

Would be nice for some of our upperclassmen to hold off our underclassmen for once. I think the group is very talented, so if we can get our older guys to rise to the occasion and win jobs, we now have quality depth with younger guys that aren't forced into action.

Advertisement

Big news that all 3 look like players. We really needed to hit on all 3 and I thought we did, glad to hear it's looking that way. Now let's shore up tackle this class.

Advertisement
Campbell
DY7xqQ5WsAAYgwQ.jpg
DY7xqQ9XkAI70qN.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back