A couple "Mope Stats" for the "slurpers"

TheBigBrow

Band
Banned
- After converting 5-12 3rd downs against Arkansas State, the Miami Hurricanes have moved up to the 125th spot in the country. Miami is now 8/35....last in the ACC and 125th out of 128 nationally

- Directly related to 3rd down conversion would be Time of possession...Miami (Florida) ranks 98th averaging 28:21.67

- UM is 12th out of 14 ACC teams in Penalties (60yds/game)

- After 4 games in 2013 Miami had the #10 ranked defense (Total)...UM went on to finish 90th in 2013

Advertisement
Penalties and miserable special teams are really bumming me out. I knew the OL was going to stink and Kaaya would have some tough times, but when Golden got here he seemed on track to have strong STs and clean up the penalties but we have regressed. Mind blowing on our coverage units since our depth is supposedly a lot better.

really only matters what you do against the power 5 and so far it's not good. this weekend either shuts a lot of us up or gives us more to ***** about

Advertisement
who cares about time of possession?

know who leads the country in time of possession in 2014? the florida gators.

what an offense to emulate.

- After converting 5-12 3rd downs against Arkansas State, the Miami Hurricanes have moved up to the 125th spot in the country. Miami is now 8/35....last in the ACC and 125th out of 128 nationally

- Directly related to 3rd down conversion would be Time of possession...Miami (Florida) ranks 98th averaging 28:21.67

- After 4 games in 2013 Miami had the #10 ranked defense (Total)...UM went on to finish 90th in 2013

I call this trending up, no?

who cares about time of possession?

know who leads the country in time of possession in 2014? the florida gators.

what an offense to emulate.

just posting stats bro...up to you to decide how you want to interpret them

Advertisement

I call this trending up, no?

#renewed

That's impressive in a bad way.

Penalties and miserable special teams are really bumming me out. I knew the OL was going to stink and Kaaya would have some tough times, but when Golden got here he seemed on track to have strong STs and clean up the penalties but we have regressed. Mind blowing on our coverage units since our depth is supposedly a lot better.

What's most frustrating about special teams is when HCs take direct responsibility for special teams they're usually elite units that are always good for a game-changing play.

For us, our special teams seem poorly coached and not fundamentally sound.

Conversely, Louisville, Ark State and FAMU have the #107, #93 and "I couldn't even find FAMU's" ranking in total offense so far.

Advertisement

What's most frustrating about special teams is when HCs take direct responsibility for special teams they're usually elite units that are always good for a game-changing play.

For us, our special teams seem poorly coached and not fundamentally sound.

It's a direct reflection of the quality of coaching as a whole. We act like a MAC team out there, consequently, we perform like one. Always on our heels, always waiting for something to happen before engaging. It's the height of foolishness to play "scared" with the caliber of athletes we have access to, but it is what it is. Not going to change one iota until there's a new sheriff in town.

That we sometimes hang in there against the FSUs of the world, for a half or such, is simply testament to having quality athletes. Not once against a good team have we shown that we were better prepared. Perhaps against Nebraska, something nice will happen, but given our abysmal track record against teams above .500.... I wouldn't bet in Vegas on it.

deja vu? We are currently #8

Advertisement

In true moper fashion, instead of thinking this year will be different than last and continues to play at a top 20 level you hope that they end up 90th..

In true moper fashion, instead of thinking this year will be different than last and continues to play at a top 20 level you hope that they end up 90th..

Only a kansas city ****** would think we'll actually finish in the top 20 in defense.

Conversely, Louisville, Ark State and FAMU have the #107, #93 and "I couldn't even find FAMU's" ranking in total offense so far.

THAT D'ONOFRIO DEFENSE SHUT 'EM DOWN. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE RANKED SO BAD. THEY'LL MOVE UP ONCE THEY START PLAYING CRAPPY DEFENSES LIKE VT, FSU, ETC.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back