A Clempsun Fan Reacts to Miami's Beatdown of FSU

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
Nah, you on your own on this one, kid. We have some idiots, but we don't drop N-bombs on our own QB for losing to Clemson in a national championship game, have baseball players at the same school u go to call you the N-word,hold KKK meetings on campus, talk crazy to recruits for not coming to our school or wear jorts while rooting for a community college in Gaynesville.
Every other post on here dealing with southern schools alludes to hillbillies, hicks, rednecks, trash etc. Textbook racism. It is possible for it to work both ways.

Those examples are preposterous: We don't talk crazy to recruits for not coming? Jorts are more offensive then pants below our asses? Definitely not Klan meetings on campus so that's ridiculous to imply..

I love our melting pot of communities as a Canes fan.. by far my favorite part of the fanbase.. but that doesn't negate the foul mouthed trash (of every race) that ruins the gameday experience for opposing teams.

Advertisement
Definitely not true! Matter of fact, they're all comparable to me except for one thing. Every stadium you walk in has the nut-jobs, the drunks, the laid back type, the families, the overzealous fans, the bougie (classy) over dressed sitting in suites type, and the knowledgeable die-hards, etc. I mean I've seen them all, everywhere I've been to. One thing I've never seen at the OB or at Hard Rock are the racists. I mean, don't get me wrong, as a fan base we talk a lot of smack and sometimes too much (if you ask me). Plenty of stadiums I've been to whether in South Bend, Gainesville, Blacksburg, Morgantown, Charlotte, Tallahassee, or in Norman, I've heard the racial slurs being directed towards me or my fellow Cane fans. Whether it's "GO BACK TO CUBA" (mind you I'm not Cuban), chants of "USA-USA-USA" yelled out by opposing fans because of the sight of a group of non-whites sitting in the stands, or "N****R" being tossed freely and directed toward our fans and players, I think we can all agree that there ain't nothing classy about this type of behavior.

If it wasn't for the love I have for the U, I'd think twice about visiting some of these other stadiums and putting my family in those types of environments.

GO CANES!!!
Our experiences have been vastly different. (didn't go to Morgantown to be fair)

You’re right. But it’s why we are so unique. We are only program in country that has fans from all walks of life. when You Look at a packed hard rock you see a mix of all races. You don’t see that anywhere else besides a place like usc. Especially don’t in places like SEC, B10, and B12
Addressed that above. LOVE that part. Just not the behavior. Can't even bring the fam.

Advertisement
You’re right. But it’s why we are so unique. We are only program in country that has fans from all walks of life. when You Look at a packed hard rock you see a mix of all races. You don’t see that anywhere else besides a place like usc. Especially don’t in places like SEC, B10, and B12
This just isn't true, I've been to a few away games: GT, FSU, UF, OSU, Clemson, ND and VT and I've also been to games at Auburn and in Athens, you see a mix of all kinds at just about every stadium.

Advertisement
You ever brought your wife or kids to a game? Ever experienced other stadiums? I've been to probably 2 dozen. NOTHING compares to Miami. Fun when you're young but definitely not classy. Not even flaming. Just part of being a Canes fan.

You're so wrong here.

There's trash in every fan base.

Every single one.

Ours is no trashier.

Definitely not true! Matter of fact, they're all comparable to me except for one thing. Every stadium you walk in has the nut-jobs, the drunks, the laid back type, the families, the overzealous fans, the bougie (classy) over dressed sitting in suites type, and the knowledgeable die-hards, etc. I mean I've seen them all, everywhere I've been to. One thing I've never seen at the OB or at Hard Rock are the racists. I mean, don't get me wrong, as a fan base we talk a lot of smack and sometimes too much (if you ask me). Plenty of stadiums I've been to whether in South Bend, Gainesville, Blacksburg, Morgantown, Charlotte, Tallahassee, or in Norman, I've heard the racial slurs being directed towards me or my fellow Cane fans. Whether it's "GO BACK TO CUBA" (mind you I'm not Cuban), chants of "USA-USA-USA" yelled out by opposing fans because of the sight of a group of non-whites sitting in the stands, or "N****R" being tossed freely and directed toward our fans and players, I think we can all agree that there ain't nothing classy about this type of behavior.

If it wasn't for the love I have for the U, I'd think twice about visiting some of these other stadiums and putting my family in those types of environments.

GO CANES!!!

Every other post on here dealing with southern schools alludes to hillbillies, hicks, rednecks, trash etc. Textbook racism. It is possible for it to work both ways.

Those examples are preposterous: We don't talk crazy to recruits for not coming? Jorts are more offensive then pants below our asses? Definitely not Klan meetings on campus so that's ridiculous to imply..

I love our melting pot of communities as a Canes fan.. by far my favorite part of the fanbase.. but that doesn't negate the foul mouthed trash (of every race) that ruins the gameday experience for opposing teams.

This just isn't true, I've been to a few away games: GT, FSU, UF, OSU, Clemson, ND and VT and I've also been to games at Auburn and in Athens, you see a mix of all kinds at just about every stadium.

What if I told you that you're all basically correct? Our fans spew hate too, but it's largely of a different nature than the fanbases you list. And I'd absolutely posit that our fanbase is demographically waaaaaaay different than many others, borne out of South Florida demography and the fact that we captured people from far beyond our alumni pool.

As to Scuba's point, perhaps. But it's nothing compared to the mix at Miami.

And I could be wrong, but the Clemson dude in the video is playing up his accent to max effect.

I drove down for the game where we beat them in 2011 (I think). Really pleasant game day experience. People were really nice and actually wasn't a huge collection of hillbillies. Basically like the SEC without the ********. Way better group than Blacksburg.
I agree with the Clemson people I met in 2017.

Blacksburg is a god awful gameday atmosphere for opposing fans. I absolutely despise the Turkey and their fans.

Advertisement
I’ve been to 5/7 mentioned above. It’s not even comparable. TV only makes it that much more noticeable as well.

I do find it funny that we call their fanbase "hillbilly", "redneck" & "trash". Country? Sure. Racist? Perhaps. Trash? Nah. Let me go get a big mirror and show you what trash looks like. We are the cess pool of fanbases.
There are alot of racists in this fan base and on this board, who simply culturally do not like the players and alot of the other fans. The guy called our chain trailer trash. As far as I'm concerned, he earned the insult

Advertisement
I drove down for the game where we beat them in 2011 (I think). Really pleasant game day experience. People were really nice and actually wasn't a huge collection of hillbillies. Basically like the SEC without the ********. Way better group than Blacksburg.
I've been there too. It's one of the friendliest crowds anywhere. Nothing like some of the hostile SEC fans are toward visitors.

LOL at the guy in the video calling the TO chain "tacky" while basically doing an Ernest T Bass impression. I think the accent is part of his schtick for the channel.

I think he need to pump his breaks a bit too thinking we have no shot. I'm not going to sit here and guarantee we win but a win is far from guaranteed for them as well.

Advertisement
Back