A brief thank you to the committed fans

Advertisement
Dilly dilly!

tenor.gif

That Washington game in 2001. I went to that and that's what I can imagine it being like on Saturday. Great job by our fans to get out there and make a huge difference.
That is a great comparison. I was in OB WEZ for that game and it had a similar, haunted house feel.

Advertisement
Gonna age myself. Started going to Canes at the OB in 1975. Bought a piece of the stadium when the City tore it down ,etc....

I wanted to be in my " old school" mentality for the younger generation that had heard from their Dads and Uncles about the frenzied atmosphere of a night game at the OB, but had never lived it. I told a bunch of younger dudes at the tailgates to let the older guys lead them into the fray. They needed to FEEL the Hatred, embrace it. There is nothing like Miami - ND. Not FSU, not even UF. Screamed the entire night like a wild Banshee.

As I said in another post, the Torch got passed from the Grand Old Lady to the Rock last night.

A fitting moment for it to happen. National TV, N D. SAt night I finally( in my head) accepted The Rock as our Home.

To listen to the broadcast and to hear Herb and Fowler actually utter these words- " This place is a tough place to play for anybody" was surreal.

I was prepared for a packed house, but as I stepped in the stadium to go down to my seats I paused without realizing it. I couldn't believe the amount of people, and it was all Orange & Green. I didn't see a ND fan in my section the whole night.

There were a few moments like that where I just had to pause and soak it in. It has been a long road with a lot of frustrating games in there. Well worth it now.

My voice is now starting to recover. I sound like I am going through puberty again.

Advertisement
That Washington game in 2001. I went to that and that's what I can imagine it being like on Saturday. Great job by our fans to get out there and make a huge difference.

Was at UW 2001 and FSU 2000. FSU kicker missing that kick in 2000 was the entire first half of this game. The place was shaking like the OB when TB housed that pic.

That game was as electric as the 89 Irish game at the OB. Tailgating was insane. We got to the stadium at 4:30 and that sh$t was already pretty full.

Went outside for a smoke at half time and the ND fans were pouring out. The scene was priceless.

All of us on here have gone thru some hard times, the worst of times. The struggle over the last 14 years made this game and victory so sweet. Me and my boys celebrated to 5 am!!!

Unbelievable!!!!

What really makes this whole season insane is how young we are.

If people think we're a problem right now what's gonna happen when (1) all these kids are upperclassmen and (2) Richt starts getting more of his players on the roster?

Watching our True Freshman DE beat Notre Dame's Senior (and likely 1st round pick) Left Tackle was a glimpse of what's to come.
A true Freshman DB taking an interception for 6. (Bandy)
A true Sophomore DE beating Notre Dame's Offensive Tackles. (Jackson)
A true Freshman WR who's been killing DB's lately. (Thomas)
A Sophomore RB who's been gashing defenses weekly. (Homer)

Then you got Malik Young, DJ Dallas, Lawrence Cager, Ahmmon Richards, etc...all of whom made plays against Notre Dame.

We just dog-walked the #3 team in the country with a squad full of players who are coming back next year. (minus a couple who might declare early)

I noticed on the Bandy pick 6 that the first 3 guys in the endzone were all true freshman. Pretty cool. Bandy-Garvin-Carter

Advertisement
I flew in from Houston for a less than 24 hour trip to go to the game, and I honestly could not be happier that I did so. The pre-game, game, and post-game environment made for the most enjoyable and memorable Canes game that I've been to probably since the 2001 Washington game or the 2003 UF game.

Like many Canes fans that grew up in the 80's, an important part of the gameday experience was seeing the game in the OB. Even today, thinking about walking up to the stadium, past the Bowl Bar, and into the WEZ for big games gives me the chills. Honestly, since we've moved to JRS/SunLife, going to games never felt like home. Part of that is certainly because our teams were not as good, our coaches sucked, and the game day experience in the stadium just didn't measure up. But man, Saturday night at the Rock, that stadium felt like home, it felt like the good old days at the OB, and our guys, and ND, they felt it too.

There was an undeniable energy and intensity from hours before the game. During the game, it literally didn't get quiet except for when the Canes had the ball, and even then, a couple times after turnovers, the offense had to remind us to quiet down. The noise and energy level was insane and unrelenting, and just like the old days, our defense matched that insanity and did not relent. The Trajan Bandy pick 6 was the Barrow blowing up Vanover, the Carlos Jones pick 6, the Dan Morgan INT vs. FSU before halftime, the Sean Taylor blowing up PK Sam. The crowd didn't allow the team to go into a lull in the 2nd half, and the defense didn't let ND have any hope of a comeback.

We finally have a coach and coaching staff that not only understands what we were but is good enough to get us to where we should be, and we finally have a stadium and gameday environment that gives us that homefield advantage that makes playing us that much more difficult. I know we've all been waiting a while to get "back" but Saturday night sure felt like we're really close to being there. Go Canes!

Loved the big game feeling we've had the last two weeks. The crowd noise, the standing room only atmosphere, the randomly high fiving my entire section after every big play. It felt like it did in the old days. I've been at every home game minus two or three over the last 15 years (since I moved back to south Florida) and it was awesome to have that electric atmosphere back again. Some said it would never happen. Some said the new stadium would never match the Orange Bowl for intensity. They were wrong. Got there at 4:30 to tailgate and the crowd was already primed. There was a group of Notre Dame fans a couple rows up from me and they sat silent, flabbergasted all night. I give them credit, they stayed until the end but they were utterly defeated right from the opening kick.

Now please, for the love of Jeebus, come to the game this week too.

Fans were loud in 348. Some ND fans wearing blue but no identifiers were deathly quiet. It was very uncomfortable for them because of the celebrations all around them. Fans were unbelievably loud. Friends from Phoenix said it was the loudest stadium they had ever been in. They absolutely loved the atmosphere.

Couldn't believe the Green lot was lit for my 3:00 arrival. Forgot big lineups let the fans in early. And the Clemson game was remembered, never forget their coach running up the score. Only disappointment was the late start to the Cane walk. Thankfully didn't affect the team. Funny part last game my Phoenix buddy went to with me was the 2001 Washington game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Specific to everyone who came out last night and left it all on the field for the program. That was an unbelievable scene for this stadium.

In almost 30 years of going there, watching Dolphins playoff games, the last couple UM vs FSU games, etc., I've never felt it come close to what we heard last night. There was an insane buzz before the game. I know, I know, the OB WEZ was special and had a ton of history. Last night's Hard Rock WEZ was also a frenzy reminding me of some OB madness (e.g. Carlos Jones INT, VT "Vick suck my D*ck" game, FSU 2000, Mcgahee screen 2002, etc.).

On ND's first drive, I literally couldn't hear myself yell while banging repeatedly on the seat. When we tipped the pass and nearly picked it off, I saw ND fans cover their ears. By early second quarter, the few ND fans who sat in our section got out of there - even without being directly heckled. Just a totally uncomfortable setting for them.

Some of us who had sat there during the final seconds of the 58-0 Clemson loss sat together watching a moment we had long awaited. Special night and huge thanks to everyone who left their voices out there.

Here's to more.
i got most of my voice back last night. my problem is my hearing. lol i have a ringing in my ears that won't go away. when it's quiet i can STILL hear it this morning. i've been to everything and some were crazy loud. this was by FAR the loudest i've ever experienced. if it doesn't go away today, i'll be going to the doctor tomorrow. i'm looking forward to a less loud virginia. shout out to the guys who've had season tickets for the last painful decade. outside of seeing family and friends, those were some painful years. blue lot forever boys

As we were sitting in the game, my buddy read something from ESPN saying this game was the loudest decible reading ever recorded at Joe Robbie stadium. Obviously the roof helps but dam it was loud there.

From where I've been sitting high up in the 317, haven't been able to hear that ear ringing volume I've been hearing about yet. Gotta go lower bowl next big game

You may already be deaf

Not saying its not loud, but the stadium constructed where all the sound bounces right down to the field. People who were on the field or by the lower bowl say their ears are ringing for a day afterward

was in section 102 and it was loud AND the stadium was SHAKING like the beloved OB. I could not believe HRS can actually shake. During a few breaks at the game I spoke to a few young fans who never got a chance to be at the OB and I told them this was a perfect glimpse of what we had at the OB for nearly 20 years. I was not a fan of HRS until now, the new improvements are phenomenal, and the fans - well we got the most rabid fans in the nation- that will never change- we just needed to start winning which could never happen with previous two coaching staffs.

From where I've been sitting high up in the 317, haven't been able to hear that ear ringing volume I've been hearing about yet. Gotta go lower bowl next big game

You may already be deaf

Not saying its not loud, but the stadium constructed where all the sound bounces right down to the field. People who were on the field or by the lower bowl say their ears are ringing for a day afterward

I gotcha man. All in jest. I’m upstairs as well. May have to venture downtown a bit to hear it for myself.

Advertisement
Back