A brief thank you to the committed fans

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
Specific to everyone who came out last night and left it all on the field for the program. That was an unbelievable scene for this stadium.

In almost 30 years of going there, watching Dolphins playoff games, the last couple UM vs FSU games, etc., I've never felt it come close to what we heard last night. There was an insane buzz before the game. I know, I know, the OB WEZ was special and had a ton of history. Last night's Hard Rock WEZ was also a frenzy reminding me of some OB madness (e.g. Carlos Jones INT, VT "Vick suck my D*ck" game, FSU 2000, Mcgahee screen 2002, etc.).

On ND's first drive, I literally couldn't hear myself yell while banging repeatedly on the seat. When we tipped the pass and nearly picked it off, I saw ND fans cover their ears. By early second quarter, the few ND fans who sat in our section got out of there - even without being directly heckled. Just a totally uncomfortable setting for them.

Some of us who had sat there during the final seconds of the 58-0 Clemson loss sat together watching a moment we had long awaited. Special night and huge thanks to everyone who left their voices out there.

Here's to more.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just got home.
Un. Effing. Believable.
We made a difference, no question.
Let's keep the craziness going.

Advertisement
Willy nilly picadilly

// Don't know what the means, just felt right

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

From where I've been sitting high up in the 317, haven't been able to hear that ear ringing volume I've been hearing about yet. Gotta go lower bowl next big game

Specific to everyone who came out last night and left it all on the field for the program. That was an unbelievable scene for this stadium.

In almost 30 years of going there, watching Dolphins playoff games, the last couple UM vs FSU games, etc., I've never felt it come close to what we heard last night. There was an insane buzz before the game. I know, I know, the OB WEZ was special and had a ton of history. Last night's Hard Rock WEZ was also a frenzy reminding me of some OB madness (e.g. Carlos Jones INT, VT "Vick suck my D*ck" game, FSU 2000, Mcgahee screen 2002, etc.).

On ND's first drive, I literally couldn't hear myself yell while banging repeatedly on the seat. When we tipped the pass and nearly picked it off, I saw ND fans cover their ears. By early second quarter, the few ND fans who sat in our section got out of there - even without being directly heckled. Just a totally uncomfortable setting for them.

Some of us who had sat there during the final seconds of the 58-0 Clemson loss sat together watching a moment we had long awaited. Special night and huge thanks to everyone who left their voices out there.

Here's to more.

Been there from the beginning. That Clemson game was rough, but I don't recall ever leaving a game early. I had 102 temp for 3 days leading up to game day, fought through it.

Stephen Ross had to wonder if a Dolphins game will ever be that loud. My ears are still ringing from that game. It was clearly the most anticipated game and best game of since the last Championship game.

Advertisement
This game/season has made up for the last however many years of coker/Shannon/golden..

i stayed until way past the final second of the clemson game. i wanted to savor the utter bottom, knowing it was all up from there. I did not know how or when it would recover and certainly did not know it would be this quick. but last night i also refused to leave, i wanted to taste the rocket to the apex. what a difference, how quick. go canes!

Advertisement
Vn9m7d1.jpg

If you can't handle me at my 2013 Spring Game, you don’t deserve me at my #2 in the country in 2017.

Advertisement
i stayed until way past the final second of the clemson game. i wanted to savor the utter bottom, knowing it was all up from there. I did not know how or when it would recover and certainly did not know it would be this quick. but last night i also refused to leave, i wanted to taste the rocket to the apex. what a difference, how quick. go canes!
I've never left a game before 00:00. That one was particularly brutal. Snapped a picture of the scoreboard because it felt like bottom. The firing was a nice initial bounce.

ND family sitting behind me. They were gone before the half. Sometimes l would stop screaming just to soak up what l was witnessing.... it was loud

Man, that was a great read. It's the written word that can really invoke emotion within me.

Once my son starts to get better I have to make it out there. I've never attended a Miami home game, only road games. Been to campus, but not during a game.

As I sat in my living room- alone- I just tried to take it all in. I watched Clemson to the end. Truly, I watched it at my brother-in-laws house to the end while he heckled and wanted to change the channel. I told him this was the bottom. I had to be there then if I wanted to be there when they came back. I watched Florida State when we were on probation and never hated them more than in that moment.

Last night felt great. I don't know what I expected to feel, but whatever it was, last night topped it.

Advertisement
Back