A brief thank you to the committed fans

Following this team throughout all the bad just makes a night like Saturday that much sweeter.

Unreal feeling since that game. Just ******* wow. The U is Back.

Advertisement
What really makes this whole season insane is how young we are.

If people think we're a problem right now what's gonna happen when (1) all these kids are upperclassmen and (2) Richt starts getting more of his players on the roster?

Watching our True Freshman DE beat Notre Dame's Senior (and likely 1st round pick) Left Tackle was a glimpse of what's to come.
A true Freshman DB taking an interception for 6. (Bandy)
A true Sophomore DE beating Notre Dame's Offensive Tackles. (Jackson)
A true Freshman WR who's been killing DB's lately. (Thomas)
A Sophomore RB who's been gashing defenses weekly. (Homer)

Then you got Malik Young, DJ Dallas, Lawrence Cager, Ahmmon Richards, etc...all of whom made plays against Notre Dame.

We just dog-walked the #3 team in the country with a squad full of players who are coming back next year. (minus a couple who might declare early)

Specific to everyone who came out last night and left it all on the field for the program. That was an unbelievable scene for this stadium.

In almost 30 years of going there, watching Dolphins playoff games, the last couple UM vs FSU games, etc., I've never felt it come close to what we heard last night. There was an insane buzz before the game. I know, I know, the OB WEZ was special and had a ton of history. Last night's Hard Rock WEZ was also a frenzy reminding me of some OB madness (e.g. Carlos Jones INT, VT "Vick suck my D*ck" game, FSU 2000, Mcgahee screen 2002, etc.).

On ND's first drive, I literally couldn't hear myself yell while banging repeatedly on the seat. When we tipped the pass and nearly picked it off, I saw ND fans cover their ears. By early second quarter, the few ND fans who sat in our section got out of there - even without being directly heckled. Just a totally uncomfortable setting for them.

Some of us who had sat there during the final seconds of the 58-0 Clemson loss sat together watching a moment we had long awaited. Special night and huge thanks to everyone who left their voices out there.

Here's to more.
i got most of my voice back last night. my problem is my hearing. lol i have a ringing in my ears that won't go away. when it's quiet i can STILL hear it this morning. i've been to everything and some were crazy loud. this was by FAR the loudest i've ever experienced. if it doesn't go away today, i'll be going to the doctor tomorrow. i'm looking forward to a less loud virginia. shout out to the guys who've had season tickets for the last painful decade. outside of seeing family and friends, those were some painful years. blue lot forever boys

Great points by all. Waiting for the Canes Walk, my brothers and I discussed that there was an energy we had never felt or before... Our earlier close outcome predictions then became a discussion that maybe we would give them an *** whooping. When the team got off the bus, they didn’t look at the crowd or smile during the walk. They were in a zone. You could see it in warm ups. The difference in body language was crazy...I even commented that Cager looked faster than normal in warmups. Also, their coach Kelly did an interview on GameDay, and the look in his eyes was fear. Richt on the other hand looked his calm cool self. Fans were on fire all game. Loudest we ever heard too. Great time sharing that with you all. Recruits had to be going ape shiit

I came down from Jersey for the game. Not a open seat in the place. You can feel the vibe in the parking lot. I attended the Canes walk and yelled to Shaq to dominate and he turned around and looked at me and gave me that look and move his head up and down. The disrespect we were getting form the national media had our kids on a mission. Buckle up boys We Back!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Watched a replay after I got back and Herbstreit even commented that Garvin was a true freshman, and beat not just a senior, but almost a guaranteed 1st rounder. Garvin was third string, before Jackson's injury. What I really like is how the freshmen are so focused. There's a lot of them getting meaningful minutes.

Bandy is Ed Reed 2.0.

If you didn't know where this game was you would have guesses the OB. That stadium was so loud you couldn't hear what the announcers were saying most of the time. That was such a great atmosphere!!!

That Washington game in 2001. I went to that and that's what I can imagine it being like on Saturday. Great job by our fans to get out there and make a huge difference.

Advertisement
I've been to lots of HUGE games at the OB over the years, but Saturday night is gonna rank right up there with them. My ears were still ringing when I woke up the next morning at the hotel.

Amazed just Amazed....

Signed,

Peruche

Been going to the games since 83. The WEZ was some of the times of our lives but its 2017 and I love our new stadium. Last week against VT it all changed. The Community came back. It was a event like the old days you wanted to be there. Those that came were stunned how cool our new digs are and how much fun Hurricane football could be again. At 1 AM there were a thousand people still tailgating. On Saturday night it was the place the be and the crowd and the scoreboards and the over 3oo ex players in attendance simply freaked them out. Ed Reed walks on the field and the announcer couldn't introduce him for almost 10 minutes because we were so loud. My wife was in tears.....we were back and ND knew it

Advertisement
Specific to everyone who came out last night and left it all on the field for the program. That was an unbelievable scene for this stadium.

In almost 30 years of going there, watching Dolphins playoff games, the last couple UM vs FSU games, etc., I've never felt it come close to what we heard last night. There was an insane buzz before the game. I know, I know, the OB WEZ was special and had a ton of history. Last night's Hard Rock WEZ was also a frenzy reminding me of some OB madness (e.g. Carlos Jones INT, VT "Vick suck my D*ck" game, FSU 2000, Mcgahee screen 2002, etc.).

On ND's first drive, I literally couldn't hear myself yell while banging repeatedly on the seat. When we tipped the pass and nearly picked it off, I saw ND fans cover their ears. By early second quarter, the few ND fans who sat in our section got out of there - even without being directly heckled. Just a totally uncomfortable setting for them.

Some of us who had sat there during the final seconds of the 58-0 Clemson loss sat together watching a moment we had long awaited. Special night and huge thanks to everyone who left their voices out there.

Here's to more.

Well worth the money to fly down from Wisconsin for the game. I came down the week prior for the VT game as well with my daughter. I told my wife you have to experience that atmosphere because I knew it would be even more electric for ND. She could not believe the atmosphere in that stadium, the only other game she had been to with me at Hard Rock was the Cincinnati game in 2014...LOL. Now the trick will be convincing her why I need to be in Charlotte in a few weeks! Thank you to everyone who was there for helping to create that environment and memories from the past two weekends!

Here's to more.

Image.gif

Advertisement

Here's to more.

Iwas at the clemson game and i was there saturday. Such an amazing turnaround.

I was in the 300 corners, every time a ND fan would get up to leave the whole section would sing goodbye to him. They were respectful and shook our hands on the way out, but **** if that didn't feel amazing

Here's to more.

Unbelievable experience, I got to bring my son to his first Miami game in Miami, it was crazy. I still can't talk this morning, wish I still lived down there so I could go every week. There is nothing better than completely humiliating the Irish and their snobby fans

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back