9th ranked class on Rivals, 10th on 247

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Florida now ahead of us.

Can't wait to finish with the 2 star from Canada. Is this still Shannon's fault?

Advertisement
It's a very good class that addresses major needs. We are in no position to complain with this class with how we finished the season and starting it with the NCAA cloud. Huge class pulled by this staff

It's a very good class that addresses major needs. We are in no position to complain with this class with how we finished the season and starting it with the NCAA cloud. Huge class pulled by this staff

1. Florida had one of the worst seasons in its history.They seem to be doing alright.

2. A top 15 class is not good enough.

1. Florida had one of the worst seasons in its history.They seem to be doing alright.

Like I said yesterday, Florida is going to end up ahead of us even after the decommitments of Lane, Jackson, and Cook. UF is a very good spot with Prince, Jeff Jones, Mckenzie, and Carter also.

UF just went 4-8. Recruiting is about relationships and visits.

This class is deep, even after losing our cornerstone in Valentine. Moten, Owens, Young, Hester, Thomas, and others will aid the defense in the future. But I am disappointed in how these last months of recruiting have turned out.

if we can get valentine back on board and close with another CB and WR we will be in good shape.

Advertisement
We need Valentine back.

I think this class is better than the 2012 class that was similarly ranked. Need to hit on a lot more of the lower ranked kids than we did with that class

Kids want playing time, probably why tabor committed to them with the news of most of their secondary going into the nfl

Like i said before i dont give a **** about rankings all i care about is wins whether its with a five or a no star all i want is wins

Difference between the 8th class or 15th class is non existent other than for fans to puff out their chests. I don't think it will happen but if Valentine comes back in this will be the best class we have had since the Jacory Harris class on paper. Get Valentine in and we have arguably the best O-line and D-line class in the nation.

Advertisement
If we get Valentine back and keep Kaaya it's probably the best we've had on paper since 08, I think it's more complete than 12.

That said, as much talent as there was in SoFla this year, it probably should've been a top 3 class had we not completely **** the bed to end the season. Seeing Treon, Lane, Cook, Rudolph, and Jackson ball out in Tallahassee is going to sting, especially if they start recruiting more SoFla kids (and they will).

Very odd year in that the group we have gives lots of reason to be happy but there's lots of reason for major concern as well.

Our fans are still claiming we have a top 3 class when they're attempting to prop up AlFAILfa. At the end of the cycle, it'll be "hey, we had a top 15 class. What are you whining about?". Problem with all of this is that, with this staff, you need the top class in order to compete on a national basis. You guys saw what top 15 classes got us against Duke, Loserville, and Vag Tech.

I'm going to trust the process though because I know Al has a plan. There has to be a pillar that addresses having fsu and others walk into your back yard and take the super elite guys that they want.

Im not concerned with our class moving down the rankings simply because other teams are adding more than us down the stretch. Aside from Valentine's recommitment, our class is the same as it was when were #3. Im very happy with this class, without regard to its ranking.

Advertisement
This may be the most disappointing top 10 i have ever seen sorry but its our reality...

Need some serious game changers not a lot of commits...

Given what looks to be escaping from South Florida....to me this recruiting class is somewhat of a disappointment.

We'd be even lower if it wasn't for the sheer volume of players we're taking in this class.

So we have a coaching staff that sucks at actual gameday COACHING, and is underachieving on the recruiting front (where they are suppose to excel).

Advertisement

Like I said yesterday, Florida is going to end up ahead of us even after the decommitments of Lane, Jackson, and Cook. UF is a very good spot with Prince, Jeff Jones, Mckenzie, and Carter also.

UF just went 4-8. Recruiting is about relationships and visits.

This class is deep, even after losing our cornerstone in Valentine. Moten, Owens, Young, Hester, Thomas, and others will aid the defense in the future. But I am disappointed in how these last months of recruiting have turned out.

I think Jalen Tabor just flipped to UF. **** they're on the upswing.

Kids are always gonna wanna go to UF. I think it's the best job in America and hopefully Muschamp does just well enough to keep it. Put another guy like Myer there and they will be a monster.

Sucks to say but with Al here I can hope for is that we outrecruit and develop teams in our division. Then as wins add up maybe we will start to put together even better classes.

Given what looks to be escaping from South Florida....to me this recruiting class is somewhat of a disappointment.

We'd be even lower if it wasn't for the sheer volume of players we're taking in this class.

So we have a coaching staff that sucks at actual gameday COACHING, and is underachieving on the recruiting front (where they are suppose to excel).

Im not concerned with our class moving down the rankings simply because other teams are adding more than us down the stretch. Aside from Valentine's recommitment, our class is the same as it was when were #3. Im very happy with this class, without regard to its ranking.

Valid points; however, I am concerned that we were not able to close on Cook, Rudolph, Lane, J.C., etc. and we lost the most important recruit of the class in the final hour. This isn't just a one time deal with this staff, we have seen this trend for quite sometime. With the NCAA "cloud" gone, i expected to finish this class in a stronger fashion.

Advertisement
Back