#93 Campbell

Advertisement
Mirabal already stated they dont want to move him.. I know @JHallCanes made suggestion and it makes alot of sense that possibly Mauigoa could move and that would open the right spot for someone to step up in..

Not sure how mauigoa would feel about the move tho.. Most dont want to move back inside once they have a tackle spot
Yeah I still have no idea why we keep bringing up Rivers moving here. Do people not remember FSU having to move Verse around last year so he could impact the game? Rivers is the LT without question to me.

I don’t know if Bell is ready for RT since he just got here. Mauigoa had trouble but Bell or someone replacing him might have even more and we had several years where our RT situation absolutely killed us. So I don’t want to casually just take Mauigoa out just feels like Mirabals “best 5 will play” mentality is heading that way

But I think that’s what they’re doing now. Just experimenting and mixing and matching and seeing what sticks which kinda sucks without Mauigoa since he’s a lock to start

Advertisement
respectfully, who was giving half effort?
I didn't take notes. Watch the YouTube replay and you tell me if the LOS players are full go from snap to whistle. Spoiler alert - they aren't. Cam had 5+ seconds to throw all the time. Once he broke through the LOS on a scramble, the whistle was blown. The spring game is a hype event, not much different than what CanesFest used to be. That said, I'm not looking to get into an internet beef today, although I may have a roast beef sammich for lunch....

I saw your comment regarding age and OL and I agree with you. OL play - as a unit (pause) - is based upon all 5 guys knowing what the others are going to do and moving in synchrony. Time is a big factor in that along with the time it takes to grow from boy to man. It's why most dominant college OL's are 3rd year and up guys.

Two separate concepts in one post....think 2 girls, 1 cup but more like 2 concepts, 1 post. Ice cream not included.

Francis to LG and either Bell or Pancake at RT. I have spoken

GIF by One Chicago

I think losing Javion and Matt Lee is going to hurt a lot more than originally anticipated.

Carpenter didn't look good and I'm not sure there's a legitimate option at LG unless Bell can take over RT and Francis can slide to LG. I've yet to see anything from Samson that makes me think he can play RT or LG at an above average level.
You aren't alone in this assessment.
Flo has been saying for weeks he doesn't think Carpenter can cut it...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mirabal already stated they dont want to move him.. I know @JHallCanes made suggestion and it makes alot of sense that possibly Mauigoa could move and that would open the right spot for someone to step up in..

Not sure how mauigoa would feel about the move tho.. Most dont want to move back inside once they have a tackle spot
If they really want to get the five best linemen out there, Francis should take over at LG and Markell Bell should be our RT. I get not wanting to move a sophomore back and forth but we recruited a ton of tackles and almost no interior guys so someone is going to have to move inside at some point.

So let me get this straight

5 Star OT injured freshman season competes and presumably wins starting Lg job in spring as a Redshirt Frosh but has to play RT in spring game due to injury, he gets beat on a play and therefore now sucks… lol.

Seems to me that if the guy that has mainly been getting work at LG is the first guy up to be moved to RT for a full go scrimmage (a pretty big change from Left OG to Right OT), that is actually a good sign that he’s doing well…

Advertisement
…as for Carpenter I would bet money not a single one of you payed any attention to Carpenter even on 1 play in the spring game lol.

Like yeah you got your first look at Ward but we’re choosing to watch our ******* center instead lol. Come on. And yall **** sure haven’t rewatched our spring game 5+ times to watch every snap of our center, and qb, and DT, and rt, and olb, etc lol

So let me get this straight

5 Star OT injured freshman season competes and presumably wins starting Lg job in spring as a Redshirt Frosh but has to play RT in spring game due to injury, he gets beat on a play and therefore now sucks… lol.

Seems to me that if the guy that has mainly been getting work at LG is the first guy up to be moved to RT for a full go scrimmage (a pretty big change from Left OG to Right OT), that is actually a good sign that he’s doing well…
respectfully, if he won the lg position, why didn't he play there?
also, yes at first glance i watched ward ... qb position is a1, so my mind goes to the other pieces around him ... the second time i watched the game i noticed the pressures and where they came from ... samson won some battles, but i'm not seeing as some others are ... i could be wrong ... i hope i'm wrong ...

respectfully, if he won the lg position, why didn't he play there?
also, yes at first glance i watched ward ... qb position is a1, so my mind goes to the other pieces around him ... the second time i watched the game i noticed the pressures and where they came from ... samson won some battles, but i'm not seeing as some others are ... i could be wrong ... i hope i'm wrong ...
Because OT is more important and maybe McCoy is OL6 and they view him as an OG… pretty simple explanation. You want the best 5. If the best 5 is McCoy at OG and Okunlola at OT that’s what you do. If best 5 without Mauigoa was Bell at RT and leaving Okunlola at LG that’s what they would have done. But Bell probably isn’t OL6 … at least not yet.

But regardless why they did it you must admit moving between Left Guard and Right Tackle shouldnt exactly be seen as the smoothest change to make.

Because OT is more important and maybe McCoy is OL6 and they view him as an OG… pretty simple explanation. You want the best 5. If the best 5 is McCoy at OG and Okunlola at OT that’s what you do. If best 5 without Mauigoa was Bell at RT and leaving Okunlola at LG that’s what they would have done. But Bell probably isn’t OL6 … at least not yet.

But regardless why they did it you must admit moving between Left Guard and Right Tackle shouldnt exactly be seen as the smoothest change to make.
i agree 100% on the move ... but based on last it seemed that once guys won a spot, they stayed there ... that being said, i'm intrigued with bell ... if he can get coached up he has the tools ... he has length (pause) to cover up mistakes he may make technique wise

Advertisement
Back