#93 Campbell

ageezy

Cane til I Die
Either our oline isn't what we think it or this guy has improved ... i know some are calling for his departure, but if you watch the spring game, he was getting busy ... concern about left guard, mccoy aint it folks ... may need to give kinsler a shot

Advertisement
Yeah, the big fella stood out in tge sping game. I think he can provide some quality depth and make a few plays

Between Kinsler, McCoy, and Samson we have to hope one of them are ready for big time football at guard. Elite tangibles for all 3 so it’s a good place to be but I wouldn’t be shocked at all if we try to go land a 1 year rental starting IOL

Between Kinsler, McCoy, and Samson we have to hope one of them are ready for big time football at guard. Elite tangibles for all 3 so it’s a good place to be but I wouldn’t be shocked at all if we try to go land a 1 year rental starting IOL
Samson should be ready for it. He was taking RT snaps with Francis out.

Advertisement
lol wait, I thought yall said we had a surplus amount of OL depth?
I think losing Javion and Matt Lee is going to hurt a lot more than originally anticipated.

Carpenter didn't look good and I'm not sure there's a legitimate option at LG unless Bell can take over RT and Francis can slide to LG. I've yet to see anything from Samson that makes me think he can play RT or LG at an above average level.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So we are using a fan fest/recruiting event/glorified half-scrimmage (that was really only a half) to determine that:

A) Campbell is a really solid backup and shouldn’t hit the portal
B) McCoy “ain’t it”
C) Samson is “atrocious.”
D) We don’t have any OL depth

Cool
if it wasn't the real deal and only a glorified event i'll take back what said ... but it look like bissainthe was goin full go, as was x, bobby pruitt, etc

i'll stand on the mccoy take ... he had a chance to sew this job up in the bowl game and he didn't and stll hasn't ...

not ready to call it on samson, but thought i would see more by now, i understand he's been injured

in regards to line depth, tbd

what was your take from the spring game?

Last edited:
So we are using a fan fest/recruiting event/glorified half-scrimmage (that was really only a half) to determine that:

A) Campbell is a really solid backup and shouldn’t hit the portal
B) McCoy “ain’t it”
C) Samson is “atrocious.”
D) We don’t have any OL depth

Cool
Seeing these types of statements for 20 years when the evidence is right under everyone’s noses each and every year will never not amaze me. You have to try to be that oblivious and our fanbase is truly elite at it.

Expecting more of a freshman olineman that was injured his freshman year is good stuff..

Los Angeles Lakers Wtf GIF by ESPN

Advertisement
linemen is an age game ... but i'm not seeing it with okonloa yet ... shows how much a talent a.cooper and mauigoa are

You said they are an age game but then use a different rationale on Samson that is not being even a year on the team plus he was injured last season while being on rotation.

I think losing Javion and Matt Lee are going to hurt a lot more than originally anticipated.

Carpenter didn't look good and I'm not sure there's a legitimate option at LG unless Bell can take over RT and Francis can slide to LG. I've yet to see anything from Samson that makes me think he can play RT or LG at an above average level.
That’s super concerning. They better get that figured out before Fall Camp. Cam needs to be kept clean

Advertisement
if it wasn't the real deal and only a glorified event i'll talk back what said ... but it look like bissainthe was goin full go, as was x, bobby pruitt, etc

i'll stand on the mccoy take ... he had a chance to sew this job up in the bowl game and he didn't and stll hasn't ...

not ready to call it on samson, but thought i would see more by now, i understand he's been injured

in regards to line depth, tbd

what was your take from the spring game?
Cam Ward is good. X is good. Everything else meh. Can’t tell.

@DMoney has been hyping up us having more tackles than guards, but while body size and length says that performance has not shown any of those cats can handle tackle.

McCoy-He may he better suited for tackle, not sure he has the strength yet to battle inside.

Samson-I know he was a 5 star, but he has not impressed me at all last spring or this spring. He looks stiff, and his lateral mobility doesnt look great. He is NOT ready to start at Tackle, maybe guard.

Kinsler-I mean we havent seen too much, but man i just think this dude is a guard all the way. While he is a good athlete, not sure he has light feet to play effectively at tackle, and in space.

Now on the other hand Markel Bell has shown you he has that length, and ability to be light on his feet to play on the edge in space.

Also, Mauigoa best position may also be guard. He led team in holding penalties, and sacks allowed by a large margin, struggled some with speed off the edge. I know he was a freshman.

I will say this we have some talented big bodied OL on this roster now. It looks like how it should look. We should have a good OL for years to come. With that said the only OL on this roster that will play Tackle in the NFL full time is Markel Bell IMO.

Rivers could play some tackle, but i think he will move around. All those other young cats are guards.

Advertisement
Back