Lawson Decommits....

I've already seen a few people on social media mention Allison when trying to claim that losing Lawson isn't a big deal.

Forget just Allison. We need to bring in 2-3 four-five star QBs in 2015 like FSU is doing in the current cycle in order to make up for how bad QB recruiting has been from 2011-2015 aside from landing Kaaya last year. Otherwise we'll risk being stuck in the same mess at QB that we were in for a long, long time before Kaaya arrived.

FSU is pulling them cause they all know Winston is leaving and it's an open QB battle for the most part. Miami there isn't a battle

Advertisement
I've already seen a few people on social media mention Allison when trying to claim that losing Lawson isn't a big deal.

Forget just Allison. We need to bring in 2-3 four-five star QBs in 2015 like FSU is doing in the current cycle in order to make up for how bad QB recruiting has been from 2011-2015 aside from landing Kaaya last year. Otherwise we'll risk being stuck in the same mess at QB that we were in for a long, long time before Kaaya arrived.

FSU is pulling them cause they all know Winston is leaving and it's an open QB battle for the most part. Miami there isn't a battle

So when they pulled the QB talent in recruiting last year they knew Winston wasn't the starter...Oh wait. Also they probably guessed he would be there until JR year until all his issues came out, now there is competition. AKA no it is not the reason, the reason is that our recruiting sucks PERIOD>

So when they pulled the QB talent in recruiting last year they knew Winston wasn't the starter...Oh wait. Also they probably guessed he would be there until JR year until all his issues came out, now there is competition. AKA no it is not the reason, the reason is that our recruiting sucks PERIOD>

Waiting 1 year is different than 3 years. Most people were aware that Winston was gone after this year anyway. They are in the same scenario this year as we will be next year, a star QB and only 1 decent QB on their roster behind him. (Their backup was plucked from going to Buffalo before committing to FSU) Then the year after they have 3 solid QBs coming, we will have Allison. We are in the same situation and it's harder than people think, mainly the people with no idea about recruiting or college football in general.

Waiting 1 year is different than 3 years. Most people were aware that Winston was gone after this year anyway. They are in the same scenario this year as we will be next year, a star QB and only 1 decent QB on their roster behind him. (Their backup was plucked from going to Buffalo before committing to FSU) Then the year after they have 3 solid QBs coming, we will have Allison. We are in the same situation and it's harder than people think, mainly the people with no idea about recruiting or college football in general.

They have how many qb's on the roster?
Winston Jameis Jameis Winston QB 6-4 230 4 RSo. Bessemer, Ala. / Hueytown HS
10 Maguire Sean Sean Maguire QB 6-3 220 4 RSo. Sparta, N.J. / Seton Hall Prep
11 Franklin III John John Franklin III QB 6-0 180 1 Fr. Plantation, Fla. / South Plantation
16 Cosentino J.J. J.J. Cosentino QB 6-4 234 1 Fr. Pittsburgh, Pa. / Central Catholic
19 Cook Troy Troy Cook QB 6-2 198 2 RFr. Miami, Fla. / Southridge
21 Clark Lucas Lucas Clark QB 6-1 195 5 Jr. Fort Walton Beach, Fla. / Choctawhatchee

Of those I want to say there is at least a 3star and a 4star. What do we have? NOTHING we have Roiser who I am sure is "great", but we have nothing behind Kaaya. Now Lawson is gone, and looks like we dont get a medical for Williams. So we have 2 qbs

Advertisement

11 Franklin III John John Franklin III QB 6-0 180 1 Fr. Plantation, Fla. / South Plantation
16 Cosentino J.J. J.J. Cosentino QB 6-4 234 1 Fr. Pittsburgh, Pa. / Central Catholic
21 Clark Lucas Lucas Clark QB 6-1 195 5 Jr. Fort Walton Beach, Fla. / Choctawhatchee

Of those I want to say there is at least a 3star and a 4star. What do we have? NOTHING we have Roiser who I am sure is "great", but we have nothing behind Kaaya. Now Lawson is gone, and looks like we dont get a medical for Williams. So we have 2 qbs

2 of those QBs are walk on in Cook and Clark....2 -star QB Franklin was back n forth between Receiver and QB.. 3-star QB Maguire started a game when Winston was suspended and he sucked (clemson blew it)... and 3-star QB Costentino has done nothing... and only resaon Franklin is there FSU thought they were gettin his teammate Alex Collins and it backfired...

I thought Cosentino was a 4 star. And Maguire did suck, but there is depth there. We have no one.

2 of those QBs are walk on in Cook and Clark....2 -star QB Franklin was back n forth between Receiver and QB.. 3-star QB Maguire started a game when Winston was suspended and he sucked (clemson blew it)... and 3-star QB Costentino has done nothing... and only resaon Franklin is there FSU thought they were gettin his teammate Alex Collins and it backfired...

We had much better "depth" this year than FSU, so what? Depth at QB is not as important and a lot harder to develop than RB.

They may have more depth next year but I'd rather have Brad Kaaya than any of their QBs or recruits not named Winston.

Having Ken Dorsey and Ethenic Sands was better than Kyle Wright (5 Star) and Kirby Freeman (4 Star). Potential is just that until it's is developed and proven. Kaaya is developed and proven.

Advertisement
I thought Cosentino was a 4 star. And Maguire did suck, but there is depth there. We have no one.

He was, people will spin and spin. Its like when people say FSU was nothing before Winston and they completely ignore what Jimbo, who sounds like a hick but can in fact coach, was doing up there. Before Winston 4 straight bowl wins, including a BCS bowl. If we did anything close to that it would be puffed up on here. Jimbo was a hack because he talked like a yokel, and Al just got it because he knew how to sound impressive. Bottom line is that not getting Lawson in this class is another whiff by this staff, not necessarily by a lack of recruiting skill, but more so by our on the field performance.

We have Williams, Heaps, Rosier, and Crow. We were supposed to have Olsen but you know that story. In all honesty we probably had the most depth of any team in the country at qb coming into the year until Williams was hurt, and Olsen got kicked off.

He was, people will spin and spin. Its like when people say FSU was nothing before Winston and they completely ignore what Jimbo, who sounds like a hick but can in fact coach, was doing up there. Before Winston 4 straight bowl wins, including a BCS bowl. If we did anything close to that it would be puffed up on here. Jimbo was a hack because he talked like a yokel, and Al just got it because he knew how to sound impressive. Bottom line is that not getting Lawson in this class is another whiff by this staff, not necessarily by a lack of recruiting skill, but more so by our on the field performance.

People love to harp on how badly Maguire sucks, yet Jizzbo plugged him in a beat a top 25 Clemson team. What would El Foldo do if he had to play Heaps against a top 25 team? Oh that's right. He can't even make it work against a top 25 team with the one of the top 2 QBs in the ACC starting.

We have Williams, Heaps, Rosier, and Crow. We were supposed to have Olsen but you know that story. In all honesty we probably had the most depth of any team in the country at qb coming into the year until Williams was hurt, and Olsen got kicked off.

Lmfao. I don't think anyone here actually follows college football.

I think you all live in this bubble that Miami is the best and everything bad that happens to us is everyone else's fault except our own. That's probably why when names for new coaches get brought up the only names that get thrown around by 90% of this board are Chud, Schiano, and Cristobal. Because most of you are idiots, and clearly, most of you don't watch college football beyond UM.

I'm dying at the notion we came into this season with the most depth in the country.

Advertisement

I think you all live in this bubble that Miami is the best and everything bad that happens to us is everyone else's fault except our own. That's probably why when names for new coaches get brought up the only names that get thrown around by 90% of this board are Chud, Schiano, and Cristobal. Because most of you are idiots, and clearly, most of you don't watch college football beyond UM.

I'm dying at the notion we came into this season with the most depth in the country.

Ya hate to say it but I watch football. I played college football and baseball D1 before i just stuck with baseball. My best friend has 2 brothers in the NFL and he's in college, I've been to several games the last few years and have grown up around it. I work out with a former NFL linebacker who has multiple D1 players there. A few of my other best friends play at the Tennessee right now and I go to 5-6 Tennessee games a year. Trust me, I know football. What I'm saying is:

When you look at it with Kaaya 4*, Olsen 4*, Williams 2* (solid enough backup), and Heaps 5* (obviously not deserving of that). We were one of the few teams that had a question of 4 possible starters from spring until the season actually started and still ended up with a Freshman All-American.

The start of spring it was Ryan Williams, he gets hurt, then it goes onto Kevin Olsen and everyone thought he was going to be good, he was the next Dorsey and all that, I've heard it. Then he gets kicked off and we get Jake Heaps, has started at 2 schools before here, was never that good other than being a 5* out of high school. Thought he would fit perfectly at Miami, then he gets beat out by Kaaya.

Name one other team in college football that had 4 QBs that were potential starters at the beginning of the spring, and every time the next one popped up there was actually a buzz around them that they were going to be good. Only other team I can think of that was close was Ohio State.

LOL I love how he throws out Heap and Williams. Also lol mentioning heaps as a 5*, he was certified bum after failing at KU and BYU. No one but our retarded fans thought Heaps or Williams would be good. Most of our retarded fan base thought Williams was awesome because he was a 5th year senior with a noodle arm. He would be Ken Dorsey and make accurate throws because all noodle arms make accurate throws. Our idiot fan base was also hyping Heaps even though every other fanbase thought he was bum. Olsen was different but most thought he had no chance after getting failing drug test.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hey fellas I'm on pain killers so I hope this is cogent:

Hope Williams gets his waiver.

Carter Stanley's tape looks nice, if he wants to compete Id take him. Can't find a recruiting profile for him I assume no camps....unless he's an actual midget the Height thing doesn't bother me. Just give me a dude that competes and they find a way to make their height work.

It would be yet another STUPID move to not take a QB this class.

Last edited:
I really don't care what the excuse is.

It's a results business.

We have 1. maybe? 2 serviceable QBs in a 5 year period under Golden. Every good program has a the ability to stack QB on top of QB. It's not like Lawson was a 5 start kid coming after another 5 star kid.

This is pathetic.

Ya hate to say it but I watch football. I played college football and baseball D1 before i just stuck with baseball. My best friend has 2 brothers in the NFL and he's in college, I've been to several games the last few years and have grown up around it. I work out with a former NFL linebacker who has multiple D1 players there. A few of my other best friends play at the Tennessee right now and I go to 5-6 Tennessee games a year. Trust me, I know football. What I'm saying is:

When you look at it with Kaaya 4*, Olsen 4*, Williams 2* (solid enough backup), and Heaps 5* (obviously not deserving of that). We were one of the few teams that had a question of 4 possible starters from spring until the season actually started and still ended up with a Freshman All-American.

The start of spring it was Ryan Williams, he gets hurt, then it goes onto Kevin Olsen and everyone thought he was going to be good, he was the next Dorsey and all that, I've heard it. Then he gets kicked off and we get Jake Heaps, has started at 2 schools before here, was never that good other than being a 5* out of high school. Thought he would fit perfectly at Miami, then he gets beat out by Kaaya.

Name one other team in college football that had 4 QBs that were potential starters at the beginning of the spring, and every time the next one popped up there was actually a buzz around them that they were going to be good. Only other team I can think of that was close was Ohio State.

The fact that they were potential starters for us means nothing as to their competence. That just means prior to Kaaya arriving, we had three guys on the roster who were all equally lousy. Ryan Williams was a mediocre starter on a 1-11 Memphis team. Jake Heaps flopped at 2 schools before coming to UM.

Simply having bodies there doesn't men you have depth. The three of them brought nothing to the table. If you think that equates to depth you live in a fantasy world.

The fact that they were potential starters for us means nothing as to their competence. That just means prior to Kaaya arriving, we had three guys on the roster who were all equally lousy. Ryan Williams was a mediocre starter on a 1-11 Memphis team. Jake Heaps flopped at 2 schools before coming to UM.

Simply having bodies there doesn't men you have depth. The three of them brought nothing to the table. If you think that equates to depth you live in a fantasy world.

Ok I mean I'm not the one that was complaining a week or two ago because they wanted Ryan Williams and Jake Heaps to start every game of the season, and I'm not one of them that thought Olsen was going to be our future stud QB. All of them would have led us to being 6-6 though. I can think of a lot of teams that would have loved to have Williams or Heaps.

Advertisement
Back