$80M plus

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is a major rebuild guysm!!! Its gonna take years to recruit out of this. Lol

Worst coaching staff in America.
Looking at the eligibility left for the majority of the roster, it’s actually probably four years before Mario has “his guys” and they have sufficient experience and S&C.

As I’ve said elsewhere, this is reminding me a LOT of what happened to Houston when they ditched the run n shoot and went old school conservative with Helton in 1993.

Record:
1992: 4-7
1993: 1-9-1 (Helton’s first year)
1994: 1-10
1995: 2-9
1996: 7-5 (first year in Con USA)
1997: 3-8
1998: 3-8
1999: 7-4 (Helton dismissed)

I expect the first four years of Mario’s tenure to be similar. 4 wins next year, maybe. 5 wins in 2024. Topping out at a maximum of 7.

That $80,000,000 is a contract for 10 years. If you are going to talk about money against a single season, you need to speak in single season salary, or $8,000,000. The admin made an $80 million dollar contract as an investment into this coach for 10 years. If he gets a Hurricanes team he built to a NY6 game in say--year four--will that be a good trade to you? An $80 million investment for a NY6 or better? We'll find out eventually, but the admin seems to think he's capable. It's not like you paid him directly. The financial players should be the only ones upset about ROI--not those with no skin in the game.
He's not getting 8 years at this pace. It's a huge step backwards. Someone needs to write a big check after year 3 and it's not going to be me.

That $80,000,000 is a contract for 10 years. If you are going to talk about money against a single season, you need to speak in single season salary, or $8,000,000. The admin made an $80 million dollar contract as an investment into this coach for 10 years. If he gets a Hurricanes team he built to a NY6 game in say--year four--will that be a good trade to you? An $80 million investment for a NY6 or better? We'll find out eventually, but the admin seems to think he's capable. It's not like you paid him directly. The financial players should be the only ones upset about ROI--not those with no skin in the game.
we actually do pay for this deal in terms of our donations, season ticket price increases, etc.

Advertisement
Okay. I don’t live in Miami, so I wouldn’t know. Thanks for the information.

I choose to force myself into believing the school is finally willing to invest in major college football. After years and years of frugality.
Yep. At least they tried for once. So far it's failing miserably but for the first time it is not because they went cheap. This is really surreal where we are though. It's like nobody has coached football before. Can't get my head around it.

Yep. At least they tried for once. So far it's failing miserably but for the first time it is not because they went cheap. This is really surreal where we are though. It's like nobody has coached football before. Can't get my head around it.
Yeah, it sucks

Advertisement
Back