$80M plus

Advertisement
There was one thing i was 100% sure of coming into this season. I was CERTAIN that NO WAY could things get any worse than they were under Manny. I was sure that at minimum, we would see a similar team with some decent highs and some lows, some heart breaking losses maybe.

But this? I could not fathom this. Anybody excusing this level of incompetence as a “talent” issue should stab themselves in the ***.

Advertisement
tenor.gif

We’re building the foundation, haven’t you heard?
Apparently, to build this foundation you need to play the absolute worst football imaginable, in every possible facet of the game.

Okay. I don’t live in Miami, so I wouldn’t know. Thanks for the information.

I choose to force myself into believing the school is finally willing to invest in major college football. After years and years of frugality.

Great. If you “believe” that much then wait and see what this regime does in due time.

If you’re basing this financial investment on Mario year one with three years of Diaz damaged goods … don’t know what to tell you.

Advertisement
Great. If you “believe” that much then wait and see what this regime does in due time.

If you’re basing this financial investment on Mario year one with three years of Diaz damaged goods … don’t know what to tell you.
Not following you.

My belief, some may call it delusional hope, is the program has the financial support to continue working towards better football. The commitment to Mario, expanded facilities, almost mandates it. Fire Mario end of the season and his buyout is around $70M or so, no?

Firing Gattis and paying a $1M/2M or whatever buyout is nothing compared to what money is committed towards the future.

That $80,000,000 is a contract for 10 years. If you are going to talk about money against a single season, you need to speak in single season salary, or $8,000,000. The admin made an $80 million dollar contract as an investment into this coach for 10 years. If he gets a Hurricanes team he built to a NY6 game in say--year four--will that be a good trade to you? An $80 million investment for a NY6 or better? We'll find out eventually, but the admin seems to think he's capable. It's not like you paid him directly. The financial players should be the only ones upset about ROI--not those with no skin in the game.

No, it's 80 million as he said. They fire him tomorrow, if Mario was smart he gets that 80 million. Not some **** about 8 million on the year, we're locked in for the long haul.

If he gets to a NY6 bowl in whatever amount of time it'll be the most shocking of results. It won't happen, ever. Still, if he does that I'd say it paid off.

As for who can be ****ed about whatever, quit the bs. Everyone contributes to the war chest with whatever amount of money they invest from donations, to ticket sales, merchandise, even the time they put into watching the product with travel or even on the sofa. It's an investment at whatever level is financially viable or desired. I can tell you that if the product was better, more money would roll into the program.

Yes, it's not directly our money paying that, but players and fans built this program. They put this school on the map. Without it, we'd still be stuck in the We Suck Suntan U days. In fact we're actually back there but just wasting money right now. It's not ours, but the less people care the less there will be to build with.

So everyone that is fan has a right to *****. Fans are leaving the program and that won't end well if it continues. Those of us who remember our arrival want to see it again. We're the old stalwarts that have stuck around. We're getting older and those days are getting more distant. We aren't giving new potential fans **** to be excited about and that's not a good thing at all.

Program has money coming in, but now it's going back the opposite direction. Low attendance or lack of ticket sales, that'll fund future endeavors. 80 million isn't all mega boosters, it's UHealth, some boosters, and sales from every angle. Every dollar counts. Viewers on their sofa count.

****, done with this post.

Advertisement
Agree 100%. I don't think majority of us expected an undefeated season, but we did expect improvement from last season and compete for the ACC coastal. Not too much to ask for considering we are returning majority of our players from last season and the ACC coastal is garbage. Same players with better coaching and an easy schedule should equal improvement, or more wins, right?

This idea that we had to regress in order to get better is total BS. I understand purging some of the roster. I thought we did that during the off season and now have an "elite" coaching staff. There better be some improvement next year or I am done with Mario.
32 of last years players are gone already.

Canes fans are just gutless as the players on the field y’all gave Golden and Manny more time.
This fanbase is not exactly known for their patience regardless of the head coach, but I don't know how you can look at how this team has taken a step back and not be very worried.

That said, Mario ain't going anywhere anytime soon so we have no choice but to give him more time - at this point saying he is not the guy is just so you can later say 'I said it year one' (or before year one for some).

Advertisement
This fanbase is not exactly known for their patience regardless of the head coach, but I don't know how you can look at how this team has taken a step back and not be very worried.

That said, Mario ain't going anywhere anytime soon so we have no choice but to give him more time - at this point saying he is not the guy is just so you can later say 'I said it year one' (or before year one for some).
No I’m not “very worried” because other than the hype train every off season this team is the same team I’ve been watching for the 15 plus years. We’ve been a stupid undisciplined team for a very long time.

The solutions ppl are offering are nothing more than some weird copium where Lashlee is still OC and we score more points but we still end up 6-6. It Frankly means nothing in the grand scheme than making ppl feel better while losing.

Reality is this rebuild will take a cpl years ppl may not want to hear it but it is what it is.

No I’m not “very worried” because other than the hype train every off season this team is the same team I’ve been watching for the 15 plus years. We’ve been a stupid undisciplined team for a very long time.

The solutions ppl are offering are nothing more than some weird copium where Lashlee is still OC and we score more points but we still end up 6-6. It Frankly means nothing in the grand scheme than making ppl feel better while losing.

Reality is this rebuild will take a cpl years ppl may not want to hear it but it is what it is.
I agree and I think most rationale fans were not expecting miracles (before the season I was on the fence between a 7-5 and 8-4 season), but the issue for me at least is not that we are likely going to finish with a losing record (although that is obviously troubling), but that I was looking to see signs of improvement. Instead we have taken a step or more back in almost every single thing outside of recruiting and have not seen improvement as the season has progressed which has a lot of us worried that there may not be a rebuild at all.

Lol rebuild.

Hello mario! Fire your ****** staff please.

Advertisement
Back