8/9/13 Depth Chart

Advertisement
One good thing, if our D still stinks the kickoff returners will scare the crap out of the other team. Lot off speed and moves back there.

If someone is playing lights out better than him consistently. "YES"

Hopefully this means that when Chick comes back he will supplant Shayon and we can have the best four DL on the field.
U really expect them to bench someone they name as a team captain?

Playing lights out? Really? I mean, they have seen EVERYONE play since last season, and he is still the starter. After a while, we just have to except that he is the best player at the position right now.

Advertisement
Hopefully this means that when Chick comes back he will supplant Shayon and we can have the best four DL on the field.[/QUOTE

Part of being a leader is leading by example and sacrificing personal objectives for the good of the team.

OK, but THE COACHES have seen these kids since last year, and they NAME HIM A STARTER AND CAPTAIN. I mean how much more do you need to see?

Hopefully this means that when Chick comes back he will supplant Shayon and we can have the best four DL on the field.

Not only is Green a captain but he also led the entire defense in tackles last year. He never had a chance to play because he was always injured. Maybe he's developing right along with the other as he continues to get healthier? No, he must suck and only be a "JAG". Have to love our fans.

As for Coley, the same **** was said about Duke last year. Will he be able to make the switch from HS to college? Coley is a beast! His type of talent doesn't come around very often and when it does you get the ball in his hands. You think just because Golden landed some freshmen last year that they're going to keep Coley off the field? Coley was better than all of these cats when he was a Junior and they were Seniors. Same as Duke when he was a Junior in HS. Either one of them could have left for college as Juniors and balled out in college. Coley and Duke on the same offense with the rest of the supporting cast is going to be fun to watch.

Last edited:
I don't dislike Shayon and I think he'll have a role, but if Gilbert can play and some of these other transfers (Kamalu, Renfrow) can play then we're going to see Shayon less and less.

I think Gilbert coming in is a key to this Defense, it will give a Senior leader with big game experience to a DL that is, in nice terms, not very good.

Advertisement
Im not saying that Green is a JAG or that he sucks. Demcanes asked a simple question and I answered it. I happen to like Shayon and think although he hasn't been an all american, he has played solid especially coming down the stretch last year. I'm hoping he keeps the momentum going. As for can a starter or a captain be supplanted by someone else. Of course they can if there is someone that elevates their game and consistently out performs said captain. No more, no less.

Not only is Green a captain but he also led the entire defense in tackles last year. He never has a chance to play because he was always injured. Maybe he's developing right along with the other as he continues to get healthier? No, he must suck and only be a "JAG". Have to love our fans.

As for Coley, the same **** was said about Duke last year. Will he be able to make the switch from HS to college? Coley is a beast! His type of talent doesn't come around very often and when it does you get the ball in his hands. You think just because Golden landed some freshmen last year that they're going to keep Coley off the field? Coley was better than all of these cats when he was a Junior and they were Seniors. Same as Duke when he was a Junior in HS. Either one of them could have left for college as Juniors and balled out in college. Coley and Duke on the same offense with the rest of the supporting cast is going to be fun to watch.

I don't dislike Shayon and I think he'll have a role, but if Gilbert can play and some of these other transfers (Kamalu, Renfrow) can play then we're going to see Shayon less and less.

Again, Shayon led the defense in tackles last year and has been in the system for three years. You may not think Green deserves PT but the coaches obviously feel different. Gilbert hasn't even had a practice yet and you claim he's going to step on campus and take his job?

Green is poised to have just as good of a season as any player on the defense right now. **** just a few days ago Armbrister was a JAG and if he was in the lineup the defense was in bad shape. Let the coaches coach these players up and the depth chart will work itself out. We fans have no clue whats going on behind the scenes.

The amount of snaps Green played at DE without a sack is amazing , you'd think he'd tripped and fell his way to at least one.

Advertisement
The amount of snaps Green played at DE without a sack is amazing , you'd think he'd tripped and fell his way to at least one.

If only we had you out there Cribby. Even you could have just tripped and lucked your way into a sack.

I like Olsen Pierre at DE..... he is a freak athlete with a freakish build like Allen Bailey or something, quick off the line and strong. I much prefer Pierre starting over Shayons side but the coaches know what they are doing.

A starting D-line with Pierre, Porter, and Robinson all in the line-up is going to cause a lot of problems this year, throw in Chickillo, Green, Cain, AQM.... then add D. Gilbert, Kamalu, Derosier, and Renfrow and thats a grown man defensive line.

Our d-line is going to be one of the best in the ACC this year.... BOOK IT.

Again, Shayon led the defense in tackles last year and has been in the system for three years. You may not think Green deserves PT but the coaches obviously feel different. Gilbert hasn't even had a practice yet and you claim he's going to step on campus and take his job?

Green is poised to have just as good of a season as any player on the defense right now. **** just a few days ago Armbrister was a JAG and if he was in the lineup the defense was in bad shape. Let the coaches coach these players up and the depth chart will work itself out. We fans have no clue whats going on behind the scenes.

Would you shut up?

I never said Gilbert would step on campus and take his job. But if Gilbert comes in and proves he's ready to play then I guarantee you we'll see less Shayon Green.

Advertisement

If only we had you out there Cribby. Even you could have just tripped and lucked your way into a sack.

Worst case scenario I'd had the same amount .

I like Green and think he'll improve but zero sacks is just unacceptable for any DE playing that amount of plays. Sorry that rustles your jimmies but it's a fact.

He could come out and get 6-7 this year and then I'll say how amazing it was to go from zero to 7.

It's not Greens fault our DE depth was so bad that he had to play that much.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back