8/16 Scrimmage today

4 passing tds by King

Animated GIF

Advertisement
Cam's a good dude and a great Cane, but he's got his work cut out for him trying to keep his job. We've had good veteran incumbent RBs get their lunch eaten by freshman RBs before. Duke took I think Mike James's lunch money. Portis chewed into James Jackson's carries.

Advertisement
I actually was thinking what’s up with the Defense? Usually the offense seems to have a harder time earlier on in PractiSe.
I’m being an *** but I am also being honest. I don’t expect our defense to be as good as last year. Replacing a top 5 pick, a starter at DT, two 4 year starters at LB and a starting corner is going to be challenging. I think we make up for it with a much better offense and ST though

Cam's a good dude and a great Cane, but he's got his work cut out for him trying to keep his job. We've had good veteran incumbent RBs get their lunch eaten by freshman RBs before. Duke took I think Mike James's lunch money. Portis chewed into James Jackson's carries.

Ive always thought Cam was best suited as a second or change of pace back. The thing he lacks is great vision or wiggle. Really good straight line speed, though. I wish we'd use him more in the passing game...

Advertisement
I said I didn’t want to see the defense gashed 1st scrimmage. Good thing is a lot of the big runs came vs the 2nd and 3rd team. Let’s see what happens in next weekends scrimmage. Phillips was unblockable. Only played 1st qt
Did you get to see it yourself?

Cam is not as good as either of them . Just a matter of learning the playbook, blocking and holding on to the rock. These guys have natural talent and I believe our best rb duo in 20 years as I said in another thread.

Advertisement
No more favoritisms❗️ Let the best RB play❗

Cam shouldn’t have a starting job after a week or two.

Our defense will look very suspect at times.

We will outscore people to make up for our defensive miscues.

Turnovers will mean as much to this team as they did in 2017. Timely ones could make or break our season.

Advertisement
I love him in the throw game, not as RB1. He's got great hands and can do damage catching passes.

Yeah, I mean, I saw stuff in high school where he really thrived with the wheel route, I dont think we've done that one time with from what I can recall. But certain guys are just better, and other players are more suited to be the 2nd back. My hope is that with Lashlee's system we will get Cam the ball in space and just let him run fast.

But when guys like Brad Tejada (who really knows UM football) says that Knighton has the ability to be a top 5 all-time Hurricane RB, that says something

Advertisement
Back