2016 Class: 20 commits so far...

Been saying this class should be the elite of the elite. The only question is what happens if Golden is fired at the end of the year?

Next year is going to be a crazy year of us wanting Golden gone, but keeping all these top recruits.....

Lets hope the NCAA makes the early signing period in Aug not Dec.

Advertisement
Been saying this class should be the elite of the elite. The only question is what happens if Golden is fired at the end of the year?

Next year is going to be a crazy year of us wanting Golden gone, but keeping all these top recruits.....

Lets hope the NCAA makes the early signing period in Aug not Dec.

This would be amazing. Absolutely freakin' amazing.

2016 is starting to take off so I'll go ahead and start this.

Commits:

QB: Jack Allison
RB: Amir Rasul
WR: Dionte Mullins, Sam Bruce
DE: JoJo Jackson
MLB: Shaquille Quarterman
OLB: Michael Pinckney, Zach McCloud
S: Cedrick Wright
ATH: Ahmmon Richards
All 10 from Florida

This is what Im talking about. My only complaint about this class is Snelson but Im just an old geezer. Ill give credit where credit is earned. Great job now we just have to get the kids to stick:qR12ZEhp37hu.jpg:

Miami is still very well in it with Snelson despite his decommitment. Which is not always the case when someone decommits from a school but their is some cases every now and then.

The season we had didn't help in that scenario which is true and kind of pushed him off a bit BUT, Snelson is from Dade. Raised in Dade. Played at Booker T his freshman year. He's family with Yearby and Rasul. This was also a kid who went out of his own way to commit to Miami. He willingly wanted to be here.

We do our job on the field, win the games we are supposed to and I'm sure he will give his hometown and team he rooted for growing up that fair shot. Ball is on our court now with Snelson.

Advertisement

2014 was supposed to be elite. 2015 was supposed to be elite. Now it's 2016.

Commits:

All 10 from Florida

This is what Im talking about. My only complaint about this class is Snelson but Im just an old geezer. Ill give credit where credit is earned. Great job now we just have to get the kids to stick:qR12ZEhp37hu.jpg:

Miami is still very well in it with Snelson despite his decommitment. Which is not always the case when someone decommits from a school but their is some cases every now and then.

The season we had didn't help in that scenario which is true and kind of pushed him off a bit BUT, Snelson is from Dade. Raised in Dade. Played at Booker T his freshman year. He's family with Yearby and Rasul. This was also a kid who went out of his own way to commit to Miami. He willingly wanted to be here.

We do our job on the field, win the games we are supposed to and I'm sure he will give his hometown and team he rooted for growing up that fair shot. Ball is on our court now with Snelson.

As of this moment, we are not. The only reason he hadn't decommit earlier was because of his mom. Recruiting is very fluid and I fully expect us to at least get an official visit from him when the time comes

There are also heavy transfer rumors going around about Snelson. If he doesn't stay at heritage I would expect sta or Booker t.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best thing about this class at this point is normally early we take kids that i look at and say he's a questionable take. there is not one of those in this class at this point.

out of our 4 newest commits i like JJ the most, the kid has 5 star potential. He's raw but strong like an ox and is extremely athletic.

Commits:

All 10 from Florida

As of this moment, we are not. The only reason he hadn't decommit earlier was because of his mom. Recruiting is very fluid and I fully expect us to at least get an official visit from him when the time comes

There are also heavy transfer rumors going around about Snelson. If he doesn't stay at heritage I would expect sta or Booker t.

That's strange. Kyle.

A little while after his decommitment I had spoke with one of his coaches and he had told me that Snelson was really turned off by the type of season Miami had and he said that Snelson felt like he jumped the gun too early with his commitment. That his love for Miami is genuine and he was extremely stoked when he committed to Miami and they took his commitment. Told me he wouldn't be surprised if Snelson did recommit. Just that it doesn't look likely right now unless certain things change.

His mom really does want him at Miami from the last that I can remember.

Idk what happened or what went wrong there with Snelson but that's a must land kid in 2016.

As you mentioned and I have told people the same, that recruiting is always fluid and changing. So it definitely can be possible things have changed since then.

Even though I am a firm believer that nothing is wrong at American Heritage. I do believe Miami gets a better shot if he does transfer to Booker T or St. Thomas

Last edited:
Advertisement
All 10 from Florida

That's strange. Kyle.

A little while after his decommitment I had spoke with one of his coaches and he had told me that Snelson was really turned off by the type of season Miami had and he said that Snelson felt like he jumped the gun too early with his commitment. That his love for Miami is genuine and he was extremely stoked when he committed to Miami and they took his commitment. Told me he wouldn't be surprised if Snelson did recommit. Just that it doesn't look likely right now.

Idk what happened or what went wrong there with Snelson but that's a must land kid in 2016.

Even though I am a firm believer that nothing is wrong at American Heritage. I do believe Miami gets a better shot if he does transfer to Booker T or St. Thomas

The situation is fluid. I expect us to get back in the game with him but definitely not anytime soon.

I would prefer him at heritage or Booker T. Sta won't push snelson anywhere but heritage lets their kids know miami is the best place for them we just haven't had luck at that school. We also have been neglecting a lot of their kids but that's different for the 2016 and 2017 kids.

That's strange. Kyle.

A little while after his decommitment I had spoke with one of his coaches and he had told me that Snelson was really turned off by the type of season Miami had and he said that Snelson felt like he jumped the gun too early with his commitment. That his love for Miami is genuine and he was extremely stoked when he committed to Miami and they took his commitment. Told me he wouldn't be surprised if Snelson did recommit. Just that it doesn't look likely right now.

The situation is fluid. I expect us to get back in the game with him but definitely not anytime soon.

I would prefer him at heritage or Booker T. Sta won't push snelson anywhere but heritage lets their kids know miami is the best place for them we just haven't had luck at that school. We also have been neglecting a lot of their kids but that's different for the 2016 and 2017 kids.

Agreed.

Bothers me though. The fact this kid grew up rooting for Miami and is from Miami. Truly do believe what I was told. That the ball is on Miami's court with Snelson now.

The transfer rumors were running high with the Gulliver 4 during the season and after. Booker T is all that's been said and for Burns. Westminister was a name brought up too.

St. Thomas is pretty loaded as well just bringing in Epstein from Cypress Bay. Bruce, Bosa and the younger talented kids they have coupled with Epstein coming in is a pretty darn good team.

Booker T or STA would be a good choice if he's looking to transfer out of AH. I like AH as a school, been on their campus numerous times.

Don't see the need for Snelson to transfer unlike the Gulliver kids who legitimately want a shot at a district title and don't have the greatest shot at Gulliver Prep.

BUT, if he feels it's best. I like the move. I would expect a return to Booker T.

Last edited:
Officially a UM commit
1f64c.png
1f49a.png
#canes
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3537545/highlights/174801375

Advertisement

That's strange. Kyle.

Proof is in the pudding at heritage. Don't believe that for a second

I'll say it again and again untill people get it in their heads

U SCHOOL

Miami wanted: NONE

U school had: Skai moore, Mcgarrett Kings, Sean White, Quincy wilson, Richard yeargin, Jordan Cunningham, and Quay Bain. MIAMI wanted NONE

Last edited by a moderator:
American heritage

Miami wanted: Gibson and Sony

Heritage had: Michael Deeb, Juwan dowels, edgar Cerenod, Sony michel, Mckenzie, Tmac, and Gibson

We got: Walter Tucker after clemson let him go. Rumph got Tucker to miami who has been a nice fullback for us

Gibson wasn't a fit offensively and Sony saw the success of gurley n Marshall combo and wanted to go to UGA in that 2 back system. Also we had 3 rb coaches recruit Sony compared to one at UGA.

Advertisement
I'll say it again and again untill people get it in their heads

U SCHOOL

Miami wanted: NONE

U school had: Skai moore, Mcgarrett Kings, Quincy wilson, Richard yeargin, Jordan Cunningham, and Quay Bain. MIAMI wanted NONE

ahhhhh OK I got it ...U School hates Miami thanks for clearing it up

You guys love to push narratives for no reason. Miami goes 1/3 at american heritage and 0/0 at U school and all of sudden both coaching staffs hate the University of Miami. Meanwhile both staffs had prominent alums

2016 four-star ATH Tyler Byrd (6'0", 194 pounds according to ESPN) flipped from UF to Miami this afternoon. Ranked 104th overall in the ESPN JR 300.

No one should be getting their hopes up about the #SWAG16 class, but Byrd's joined it for now. Certainly a very talented athlete who has a chance to be great wherever he ends up.

I hope to God these guys are committed to the U, not Golden, or anyone on this staff, except for Kehoe or Ice (who should stay with a new coach)

Advertisement
Back