Torrence Gibson ...

Advertisement
“Disappointing,” Gibson said of the lack of contact. “You’ve been recruiting me since the eighth grade and now you’re letting it slip away when it counts the most – disappointing.”

Counts most we have more than a yr before his NSD. I am ok with us focusing the next few weeks of '14. Then hammer on the '15 trail just like we did this past class....

“Disappointing,” Gibson said of the lack of contact. “You’ve been recruiting me since the eighth grade and now you’re letting it slip away when it counts the most – disappointing.”

UNBELIEVABLE, UN-F*****-BELIEVABE WITH THIS STAFF. LAZY F***

Advertisement

UNBELIEVABLE, UN-F*****-BELIEVABE WITH THIS STAFF. LAZY F***

I highly doubt it's laziness. Criticize the tactics but recruiting a kid like that, everything is calculated.

Lol, Laziness?

He's a stellar athlete, but maybe this is because we have 2 Qb's that can play here 4 years. We're set for a little bit.

390.jpg

Advertisement
I know recruiting is a 24/7 job but **** sounds a bit a dramatic. If it's been months since they've reached out to him then I agree with him and that's on the coaching staff. But if it's only been a few weeks then chill, we're trying to close out the current class.

As great as he is, I'll gladly sacrifice a drop in contact points to focus on getting Valentine back in the class and closing on a few other guys like JC.

A player is disappointed because we are no longer showing him some love when we are trying to get the kids that can play for us next season, to get with us now? Sorry, but that sounds like a needy child, who isn't getting the amount of attention he wants.

Lol, Laziness?

He's a stellar athlete, but maybe this is because we have 2 Qb's that can play here 4 years. We're set for a little bit.

The 2 QB's youre referring to haven't played a down of football. Nothing is set.You have to always be looking for the player to beat the ones you've signed.

As Jimmy used to say when recruiting a player, "Im going to recruit you now, but next year, Im going to recruit a guy to take your job"

Next yr in todays game is YEAR ROUND

Advertisement
You're right guys it's cool. 6'4", 210+ pound freak athletes come along every year, especially at QB, especially at local schools that actually like us.

Know who never has a problem with crap like this? ALL OF THE BIG TIME PROGRAMS WE ARE TRYING TO COMPETE WITH.

Staff may be many things to know-it-all posters who have nothing better to do than trash them at every turn, but don't see them as lazy when comes to recruiting.

Advertisement
Maybe it's the case of a 2015 kid wanting the attention that all the 2014 kids are getting right now. You can't smother them all at the same time. The staff is busy locking up this years class

Advertisement
Back