7-5

Advertisement
Advertisement
Our defense all of a sudden looks average..... I definitely dont see 9 wins Hoping we can go 8-4

Nah. Now we're going to find out what we're made of.

This may not be our finest hour, but I think these young men are going to do some real growing up, real fast.

They have no choice. Which can be a real good thing.

Coaches who really coach know that players develop best by playing. During practice you can teach and go over what needs to be corrected. During games I want to see you apply that skill. I think we may take some lumps but we also may give a few. I'm more excited than ever this year.

We lost our top 3 tacklers. I'm excited to see who steps up, glad we got average schedule to start out with before the guys see league action.

Still think there is a good possibility of going 10-2, but the realistic side of me thinks its going to be 9-3

Under promise and over deliver. All you guys expecting 10 wins before the suspensions were setting yourselves up for huge disappointment.

Advertisement
LOL at the OP. Richt worst , very worst case would lose 3-4 games . I think we go 11-2 not including the bowl game and lose by 10 at ND and get waxed in the ACCTG by Clemson . We still have an insane DL and still have our best 3-4 players on it AQM was more hype then anything . Our LBs are thin and just got thinner but we got some serious studs there as youngins though . Our schedule is too easy and our coach too good to lose 5 games this year. **** Golden would lose 5 at most with his horrible D.

Yeah, but all da 10-2 predictions were pie in da sky. 9-3 and Richt is coach of da year. 8-4 and he still cool. :based-duke:

You can't fix stupid. Miami's offense will have to win a couple of additional shootouts, but we were PROJECTING AQM to be a beast. He hadn't done much of anything throughout his career. Losing Jermaine will hurt, but Diaz is good enough at his position to at least scheme around being down a linebacker. I also believe that the schedule sets up for Miami to get some early season confidence, and that will play a role when things get rough in the middle. This is still an 9-10 win team, unless the injury bug hits super hard.

Advertisement
Yeah, but all da 10-2 predictions were pie in da sky. 9-3 and Richt is coach of da year. 8-4 and he still cool. :based-duke:

How the **** is he coach of the year with 9-3? ****, we won 8 last year, and we were a train wreck!

We gotz no LBs with experience and we thin as **** there, thin at DB and less talent than last year, thin and inexperienced at WR, OL sucked big last year and the same gUyS are back and we fawked if any of those starters go down, ... You getting the picture?

Advertisement
If we go 7-5, I will immediately jump aboard the fire Mark Richt train...

Not going to happen. 9-3 more likely

Don't know if I'd quite be calling to fire him. But I'd certainly be very skeptical of him.

If Richt goes any worse than 7-5, and especially worse than 6-6, I will be wondering if Richt should reach the same fate as Ellis Johnson. For in case you're not aware Ellis Johnson is the Southern Miss coach who was fired after 1 year.

Last edited:
If we go 7-5, I will immediately jump aboard the fire Mark Richt train...

Not going to happen. 9-3 more likely

Don't know if I'd quite be calling to fire him. But I'd certainly be very skeptical of him.

If he goes any worse than 7-5 I will be wondering if he should reach the same fate as Ellis Johnson. For in case you're not aware Ellis Johnson is the Southern Miss coach who was fired after 1 year.

You left out the part where Ellis Johnson went 0-12, but Fedora was 12-2 the previous year at S. Miss....keep your troll up, though.

JJ Watt isn't worth 3 points on the line in an NFL game but an undersized LB and a pass rushing DE are the difference in stopping the run and what 2-3 extra losses?

Embarrassing

I heard this line, almost exactly, earlier today and I still don't get the comparison. One situation is an NFL player with an NFL replacement in a singular game. The other situation is "an undersized LB," with wildly inexperienced replacements, who could have done what no other replacement on the team will be able to do nearly as well. It will likely literally change defensive playcalls and personnel groupings beyond just "filling in the next man up at LB."

Like most sports, college football games come down to scenarios against equal or slightly superior talent. In college football, these are seemingly magnified. The 3rd and 2 where Dalvin Cook or ND's QB cutback after being initially disrupted in the backfield. And, a flexible, experienced and sure tackler like Grace is no longer our matchup. I don't know the exact number of "games" this affects - and don't find that number to be reasonably quantifiable - but I can guarantee you there will be dozens of critical scenarios where the outcome (a first down, a missed tackle, a sack, a forced fumble) is less likely to be in our favor without Grace. Anyone who wants to argue that, I'd like to hear a non-homer opinion so I can better understand.

I believe AQM, on the other hand, is a lesser loss. Together, though, I can see it affecting the W/L column - even if "minimally." How many games - 1 or 2 - we have no idea. I hope it's 0. Let's see which True Frosh LB steps up next to Shaq. What's done is f'in done and now we move on. Grace was my favorite player on the team. He's gone. We can still win football games. But, to hear opinions downplaying his loss seems off to me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back