7-5

People need to temper their expectations

This team isn't very good on paper....no exp on D and an average o line

9-3 is best case dream scenario....more likely 7-5

My expectations were tempered before they released these players, but now my expectations have gone up. 10 wins or bust.

The cavalier way in which UM threw these young men away must mean they are expendable and Miami feels very confident they can perform to expectations without the help of those two athletes.

So let's see that 10 win season and that first coastal title we were all talking about a week ago.

This is Waterfall, Cold Beer type of logic. Oh, I knew there were more of you.

It's actually KevinCaneface logic where you can create excuses ahead of time for in case Richt goes 6-6.

I'm wondering if that's half the reason people are continuously moving their season predictions downward.
No where did I even talk about the team to make excuses. But I did out another one of your screen names that you troll the same boring carp with.

Advertisement
People need to temper their expectations

This team isn't very good on paper....no exp on D and an average o line

9-3 is best case dream scenario....more likely 7-5

My expectations were tempered before they released these players, but now my expectations have gone up. 10 wins or bust.

The cavalier way in which UM threw these young men away must mean they are expendable and Miami feels very confident they can perform to expectations without the help of those two athletes.

So let's see that 10 win season and that first coastal title we were all talking about a week ago.

It's actually KevinCaneface logic where you can create excuses ahead of time for in case Richt goes 6-6.

I'm wondering if that's half the reason people are continuously moving their season predictions downward.
No where did I even talk about the team to make excuses. But I did out another one of your screen names that you troll the same boring carp with.

I don't do multiple screen names. You calling me and this guy "trolls" is about as productive as if I were to call you a UM shill and accuse you of being a paid employee towing the company line.

I do find it interesting how sensitive the admin is to criticism, though.

Tell you what - if you don't want to **** off a segment of your fan base, don't kick your two best defensive players off the team a week before the season starts. Talk about a letdown.

I'm surprised UM people are struggling to understand the cause and effect on that one.

I don't do multiple screen names. You calling me and this guy "trolls" is about as productive as if I were to call you a UM shill and accuse you of being a paid employee towing the company line.

Tell you what - if you don't want to **** off a segment of your fan base, don't kick your two best defensive players off the team a week before the season starts. Talk about a letdown.

I'm surprised UM people are struggling to understand the cause and effect on that one.
Yeah, when you are giving someone free housing, education, training facilities, and feeding them you can do whatever you want to those who would jeopardize your establishment with selfish acts

Yeah, when you are giving someone free housing, education, training facilities, and feeding them you can do whatever you want to those who would jeopardize your establishment with selfish acts

"We give them free housing and feed them so we can do whatever we want to them" is how they used to justify slavery, my friend.

It was wrong of Miami to throw these young men away. You don't abandon your kids...and that's especially true in the case of Grace who is from South Florida.

I don't know what Grace and Muhammad's family situations are like, but speaking more generally - one of the greatest social impacts that organized football bestows on young people, perhaps greater even than the classroom education, is the family-like structure it gives to kids who often come from broken environments. They learn to be men, right vs wrong, how to work hard and act decently.

UM should take a lot of pride that they do that for these young men...and I do take issue morally when they cast a kid off just because the university's reputation might be at stake.

And at stake to whom? I certainly don't think more highly of them because of this. Love him or hate him, Bobby Bowden had the right attitude when it came to player discipline. Keep it in the family, and make sure the kid knows what he did wrong, but never give up on a kid. I hope Richt picked up those same values from his mentor.

"We give them free housing and feed them so we can do whatever we want to them" is how they used to justify slavery, my friend.

It was wrong of Miami to throw these young men away. You don't abandon your kids...and that's especially true in the case of Grace who is from South Florida.

I don't know what Grace and Muhammad's family situations are like, but speaking more generally - one of the greatest social impacts that organized football bestows on young people, perhaps greater even than the classroom education, is the family-like structure it gives to kids who often come from broken environments. They learn to be men, right vs wrong, how to work hard and act decently.

UM should take a lot of pride that they do that for these young men...and I do take issue morally when they cast a kid off just because the university's reputation might be at stake.

And at stake to whom? I certainly don't think more highly of them because of this. Love him or hate him, Bobby Bowden had the right attitude when it came to player discipline. Keep it in the family, and make sure the kid knows what he did wrong, but never give up on a kid. I hope Richt picked up those same values from his mentor.
Lol not even going to read all that after the slavery line. Miami is still paying for their education. This is two years AQM didn't play because of rules being broke. He gets free living for four years and an expensive education and he was made to stop playing a game because he broke the rules. Playing football is not a right it's a privilege. This is nothing like slavery.

Advertisement

Fundamental difference between slavery and this: SLAVES DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE. They were FORCED to pick that cotton or till those fields. Quan and Jermaine CHOSE to take those cars, knowing full well that they were breaking rules. They didn't go to Compliance and ASK if what they were doing was right, because they knew the answer. They then LIED about what they had done, because they knew that they had broken rules. I have no sympathy for a young man who would put others in harm's way, just so they can stunt on Instagram. Brad Kaaya could get all kinds of cool stuff if he so wanted, he doesn't. You have guys who put the program in a bad spot, and then expect people to look the other way, because they are star struck. Some of us won't do it, because we know the end result of letting entitled athletes run wild. Go look at Lawrence Phillips' life and tell me if he could have been saved, had someone, ANYONE at Nebraska cared enough to boot him from the team. This isn't as extreme, but tough love is better than no love at all.

So of the 5 losses the OP notes (GT, UNC, FSU, ND, and Pitt), which of these teams lose with AQ and Grace. Even before their suspension, I think everyone predicted losses to FSU and ND. Then UNC is a close one. Does that mean losing those two results in losses to Pitt and GT? I doubt it. If we can put up serious points against those two, we win. They aren't built for high scoring games. I still think 9-3.

Advertisement
Back