6'3 MLB likes UM, will be attending Junior Day

BrazilCane

Junior
Great work by Jon Bastian(article is free):
http://www.caneinsider.com/content/...-um-will-attend-junior-day.html#axzz1jGQrV66z

This kid Deeb is what we need. I will post some quotes, but it´s worth the entire read...

“Al Golden is an excellent coach,â€￾ said Deeb. “The other thing that stands out to me about Al Golden is his intensity. I am an intense player and I can really relate to the way he gets excited about the game of football. Football is a passionate game and Al Golden is that type of coach. He is definitely the right man to get the Miami program going in the right direction.â€￾

“I feel that my biggest strength is my intelligence and my speed. I spend a lot of time watching film and trying to learn my position. I'm not afraid of contact, I love to fill the hole and come up and make a big hit. People say I have a nonstop motor and that I can play downhill with the best of them. I don't like the perception that big guys like myself can't drop back into pass coverage so I spend a lot of time working on my dropbacks. I pride myself on offseason conditioning so I can be in better shape than my opponent when we are in the 4th quarter.â€￾

The depth chart is important too but it is not the biggest factor. If I have to sit out a year and redshirt so I can pick up the defensive scheme I am not opposed to doing it. The overall betterment of the team is what my priority is. I am not a selfish player and I am willing to make sacrifices for the team to get better.

Advertisement
Off topic...I'm not one to travel the interwebz Canes' sites...but is that Jon the same Jon that used to do a little writing for Bakas?

Off topic...I'm not one to travel the interwebz Canes' sites...but is that Jon the same Jon that used to do a little writing for Bakas?

Probably. I still don't think he's a very good writer, asks boring questions and almost always has grammar errors and oddly worded sentences. I don't like him.

Advertisement
That kid's film is impressive. He looks like the kind of MLB we've lacked for some time. The kind who arrives with bad intent.

Hopefully we get to see Golden sink his teeth into some younger guys who havent been brainwashed yet.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back