6 day TV Option for FSU game next week

Do all of you have tickets? I'm tryna go but the tickets are crazy expensive. Who has the hookup?!

Advertisement
Sucks for the fans but I wouldn't even be mad at a noon game. Take advantage of the stadium. They'll be sitting in the sun the whole game while our team goes to the shade.

UT vs Texas A&M has already been announced that it will either be at 3:30 on CBS or 7pm on ESPN

Bama vs Arkansas has also already been announced that it will either be at 3:30 on CBS or 7pm on ESPN

So if either of those two games for sure will not be played at 8pm.. I don't see any other game out there.

LSU at UF is at 12..

Maybe BYU and Michigan St or Michigan at Rutgers.

I just don't see it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
UT vs Texas A&M has already been announced that it will either be at 3:30 on CBS or 7pm on ESPN

Bama vs Arkansas has also already been announced that it will either be at 3:30 on CBS or 7pm on ESPN

So if either of those two games for sure will not be played at 8pm.. I don't see any other game out there.

LSU at UF is at 12..

Maybe BYU and Michigan St or Michigan at Rutgers.

I just don't see it.

Yup.
As I said, I think it is safe to say it will be the Prime Time game.

If that's the case why wouldn't they just say we have the 8pm game? What are the other options if Tenn vs A&M and Bama vs Arkansas are off the board?

Advertisement
If that's the case why wouldn't they just say we have the 8pm game? What are the other options if Tenn vs A&M and Bama vs Arkansas are off the board?

They may not take the FSU vs Miami game if both teams lose this weekend.

Well, at least we know Miami isn't losing.

Notre Dame-NC State and VT-UNC are the ACC Games we're up against. SEC games on 6-day hold (but will be shooting for 330 on CBS) are A&M-UT and Bama-Arkansas.

Notre Dame-NC State and VT-UNC are the ACC Games we're up against. SEC games on 6-day hold (but will be shooting for 330 on CBS) are A&M-UT and Bama-Arkansas.

Doesn't Notre Dame play all their games on NBC?

Doesn't Notre Dame play all their games on NBC?

Only Home games and some neutral site games that are designated as home games. The rest are on ESPN/ABC family of networks or CBS when they play the academies.

Advertisement

Pretty much if Miami and FSU hold serve this week we're going to be the primetime spot. If UNC beats FSU and we struggle with GA Tech I could see them putting UNC-VT at primetime. But doubt it...

Advertisement
I don't think 8p start would work, Dolphins play Sunday at 1p. Is there enough time to get the field ready?

With Tom Garfinkel in charge, anything is possible.

****, they could both play at the same time, the guy is so ******* good at his job.

Viewers will have to wait a few days to learn the time of Miami’s Oct. 8 showdown with Florida State.

ESPN declared what is known in the TV industry as a six-day option for three games involving ACC teams, including the two in-state rivals. In addition to UM-FSU, Virginia Tech-North Carolina and Notre Dame-North Carolina State kickoff times will be announced no later than noon Sunday.

No. 14 Miami (3-0) opens ACC play at Georgia Tech (3-1) at noon Saturday (ESPN2). The FSU game will likely be the third national TV appearance in a row for the Hurricanes, who beat Appalachian State 45-10 on Sept. 17 on ESPN.

No. 12 Florida State (3-1) hosts North Carolina (3-1) at 3:30 p.m. Saturday (ESPN). After facing the Seminoles on Oct. 8, Miami hosts the Tar Heels on Oct. 15.

Virginia Tech (3-1), which welcomes Miami on Oct. 20, is off this week. Notre Dame (2-2), which hosts the Hurricanes on Oct. 29, visits Syracuse at noon (ESPN).

Elsewhere, Miami was ranked No. 6 in SB Nation’s advanced metrics (S&P+), a rating of a team’s offensive and defensive efficiency. FSU (13th), Virginia Tech (14th), UNC (30th), Pitt (36th) and N.C. State (40th) were also in the top 40.

Accordng to the SB Nation projections — which change by the week — Miami is more than 50 percent likely to win all of its remaining games. FSU, Virginia Tech and N.C. State are the only games in which Miami has less than a 70 percent percent chance. If the teams played today, the S&P+ ratings would project Miami to beat FSU by 5.9 points, Virginia Tech (on the road) by 1.3 points and N.C. State (on the road) by 8.5 points.

Notre Dame, which was expected to be one of the toughest teams on Miami’s schedule, was 46th. The Irish, who have struggled defensively, rank 104th nationally in yards per play allowed. That’s slightly better than FSU (121st), which followed its 43-point loss at Louisville by allowing 290 yards on the ground at South Florida in a 55-35 win.

Through three games, Miami ranks first nationally in yards per play allowed (3.10) and second in yards per play gained (8.29).
Miami-Florida State 2016: ESPN holds game time announcement | Canes Watch

This is the link

According to advanced metrics we are more than 50% likely to go undefeated the rest of the way

Advertisement
Back