6 Canes projected in first 4 rounds in this year's draft.

Duke said it himself, those top 5 did their job. The other 17 needed to step up too.

name a big game he didnt fumble in at a critical time this year.....dont worry I'll wait....Everyone is to blame for 6-7 fans too we didnt cheer or support hard enough at the non marquee games

I should've used quotations or worded that differently as those were his words when Joe Rose asked about the teams record and listed those top 5 guys.
To answer though, I'd say LOU, Duke, VT and FSU but yes the fumbles hurt.

Duke said it himself, those top 5 did their job. The other 17 needed to step up too.

I wonder what his mom thinks?

We all know what she thinks.

Ahh so only NFL caliber talents can succeed under these corches.

I see where you are coming from now.

Maybe. I don't know why. Effort? Thinking too much or not enough? (Not getting what they're coached/Not being taught properly) Playcalling not putting in position to succeed. All of the above.

Advertisement
I think Chick and Mongo will be drafted late. Mongo had a lot of experience at multiple positions in a zone concept run scheme. Great perimeter puller at guard. He will get picked up. Chick will too and have a way better pro career than college

Rounds 1-2: Ereck Flowers, Offensive Tackle
Round 2: Duke Johnson, Running Back
Rounds 2-3: Denzel Perryman, Linebacker
Rounds 2-3: Clive Walford, Tight End
Rounds 3-4: Phillip Dorsett, Receiver
Round 4: Ladarius Gunter, Defensive Back

Dorsett will go higher than that, IMO. He will be a riser at the Senior Bowl, combine and interview process.

No way I see that happening. Marques Lee and Keenan Allen who had great college career's went in the 2nd and 3rd round respectively. It's tough to get drafted within the first couple of rounds. I'd say Dorsett going into the 4th round is a stretch in my opinion. A guy like Dorial Green-Beckham who with all of his baggage will go before Dorsett.

Dorsett will go higher than that, IMO. He will be a riser at the Senior Bowl, combine and interview process.

No way I see that happening. Marques Lee and Keenan Allen who had great college career's went in the 2nd and 3rd round respectively. It's tough to get drafted within the first couple of rounds. I'd say Dorsett going into the 4th round is a stretch in my opinion. A guy like Dorial Green-Beckham who with all of his baggage will go before Dorsett.

I actually just yesterday finished up watching film on the top WRs and ranked Dorsett out at 18 of the WRs with a rd 3 grade, just below DGB at 15. Phil can burn but this WR class is stacked. I think the combine times gives him a shot at rd 2, but it's likely teams already know he has that in him.

Advertisement
It's quite funny, chickillo has a total of 15 career sacks over 100 tackles 22tfl while on the other hand Mario Edwards fsu de only has 6.5 sacks in his career and less than 16 tfl... Crickets chickillo has been a pretty productive player when you think about it. Was he the best? No but he produced

Those guys can't run like Dorsett. He's not a pure speed guy, either-- he's a good receiver who can run routes and catch. A guy like that with high character will be a hot commodity, especially with the success of TY Hilton.

I expect Dorsett to dominate the one-on-ones in Mobile, light up Indy, and ace the interviews. And his film is good, too.

Advertisement
It's quite funny, chickillo has a total of 15 career sacks over 100 tackles 22tfl while on the other hand Mario Edwards fsu de only has 6.5 sacks in his career and less than 16 tfl... Crickets chickillo has been a pretty productive player when you think about it. Was he the best? No but he produced

He is also an overweight, slow, white DE. Not exactly the recipe for success in the NFL.

name a big game he didnt fumble in at a critical time this year.....dont worry I'll wait....Everyone is to blame for 6-7 fans too we didnt cheer or support hard enough at the non marquee games

The only "big game" he fumbled in was the Nebraska game. Unless the Duck Commander bowl with two 6-6 teams is now a big game.

I'm pretty sure that both Oregon and Ohio State have 6 kids each that are projected to be drafted. We have 6 in the first few rounds and most likely 9-10 overall.

that's awesome stuff.

Advertisement

He is also an overweight, slow, white DE. Not exactly the recipe for success in the NFL.

ijs edwards is overweight as well but is athletic. he efinitely hasnt done anything to warrant a 1st round draft pick,..

Lee and Allen had good college careers plagued with injuries.

It is awesome, until you think about 6-7 with that talent. Then depression sets in.
I'm pretty sure that both Oregon and Ohio State have 6 kids each that are projected to be drafted. We have 6 in the first few rounds and most likely 9-10 overall.

that's awesome stuff.

Advertisement

Those guys can't run like Dorsett. He's not a pure speed guy, either-- he's a good receiver who can run routes and catch. A guy like that with high character will be a hot commodity, especially with the success of TY Hilton.

I expect Dorsett to dominate the one-on-ones in Mobile, light up Indy, and ace the interviews. And his film is good, too.

Dorsett is a vicious blocker too. Very appealing to many teams. His issue has always been his vision in the open field. He just doesn't have much wiggle or natural vision but if he did, he would be a first rounder. He's going to blow the doors off the 40 and ace the interviews. Someone will take him in the late 2nd, early 3rd IMO. Especially since we have a label as a program that underachieves with its pros.

There are some good wideouts that can do everything in this draft. They may not run as fast as Dorsett but they have size, strength, route running and decent speed. Off the top of my head you have Cooper, White, Strong, Alghelor and Parker. I don't see Dorsett going higher than the 3rd round. I actually see him going in the 4th with a solid nfl career. You even have players like Rashad Greene who had more production and is sub 4.4 guy who I think may be drafted in the 3rd round. It's deep this year with quality wideouts.

that's awesome stuff.

There never was nor will there ever be anything "awesome" about 6-7.

2 hurricanes playing in the medal of honor bowl right now on NBC sports network. Ryan Williams and Thurston Armbristor. Both on the national team(blue team).

Advertisement
Back