Dallas Crawford is "the process" personified

jerzeycane

All-ACC
Dude came here as an all everything defensive back out of Fort Myers and basically got told that he was fat and slow.

Under a different regime, Dallas Crawford is probably wearing a number somewhere in the 40's and seen in various camera shots last night goofing it up with all the guys who actually get burn and are on the field. Doing a lot of joking and very little play making.

Not only did he wait and bide his time until he was given a larger role, but he excelled at everything else in the mean time to make the coaches understand just how reliable he is. He's now ESSENTIAL to everything we do. He's one of our best special teams players and has been for the better part of the last 2 years. Now, he is getting his opportunity to tote the rock and when he was called upon to step up, he did more than that. He was ready when his number was called. There are few things that are more gratifying or impressive than people who seize opportunities and moments. Much respect to DC for staying the course and trusting AG.

Epic performance last night and he should be the subject of Raising Canes next week.

Advertisement
He reminded me of like LT and Faulk last night, he was so elusive all night and just powering through people. He's got a future on Sundays.

he is reliable..not your **** race car..just your car that gets you there and back..after long runs he does not put his hand in the air to ask for a breather
have not seen a player take over a game like this and carry this team since edge playing UCLA...that is special

Great post, great poster and great player.

Guys like Dallas Crawford are the reason people use the cliche "football player." He can do anything you ask him to do on that field.

Great post. He won't break the long runs like Duke, but had no idea until last night how hard he runs. Broke and run through a bunch of tackles. Helluva an effort and saved our butts.

Advertisement
That dude runs like he's trying to feed his family. He does not go down at first contact, and is a ******* buzzsaw out there for defenses. Tough runner. I have been very impressed with him.

Guys like Dallas Crawford are the reason people use the cliche "football player." He can do anything you ask him to do on that field.

Yeup. Easy to see his talent on offene (at qb) or on defensive as a DB when he was in high school.

Dude came here as an all everything defensive back out of Fort Myers and basically got told that he was fat and slow.

Under a different regime, Dallas Crawford is probably wearing a number somewhere in the 40's and seen in various camera shots last night goofing it up with all the guys who actually get burn and are on the field. Doing a lot of joking and very little play making.

Not only did he wait and bide his time until he was given a larger role, but he excelled at everything else in the mean time to make the coaches understand just how reliable he is. He's now ESSENTIAL to everything we do. He's one of our best special teams players and has been for the better part of the last 2 years. Now, he is getting his opportunity to tote the rock and when he was called upon to step up, he did more than that. He was ready when his number was called. There are few things that are more gratifying or impressive than people who seize opportunities and moments. Much respect to DC for staying the course and trusting AG.

Epic performance last night and he should be the subject of Raising Canes next week.

Best post today! He truly defines the definition of a true football player.

Advertisement
Great TEAM player who came up big last night.

Just wish we would let him sling the ball a little.

Yep, and coming soon, guys like Corn Elder and Brandon Powell find ways to help your team win. Smart, tough-minded winners. Prototypical protoschmypical.

I want to know what this guys strength numbers are! He is REALLY strong for his size. As evidenced by some of his runs. His squat is sick I bet. I am really proud of DC. I wrote him off thinking he would be a JAG here. But he found role on the team and is taking advantage. This also gives us flexibility with Duke now. No need to give him the ball 25 times a game now..wearing him out. Shout out to EC too. He came in and had two big runs in that last drive.

Great post.

What's more, under a different regime Dallas is probably wearing "that number somewhere in the 40s" for Central Florida or an FCS team somewhere.

But he stayed despite all the potential reasons (excuses) for leaving.

And it pays off for everyone involved.

Advertisement
The emergence of Crawford will be especially good for for Duke. Don't like all the head shots he's taking this year.

Advertisement
Same can be said for OT! He has done everything you said about Dallas for the most part. He's been hurt and who knows how healthy he was last night but he came in and spelled Dallas and did it very well last night!

It's awesome when you follow these guys when they are in High School and think they are going to be the 'next big thing' then are called JAG's by idiot posters then shine when they get their opportunity!

DC is on his way to having one of the best scoring seasons in Miami history. We're halfway through the season and he already has 10 TDs (4 straight games with multiple touchdowns). I expect his scoring to slow down, but 4 more is realistic, which would put him 3rd. Here's the top 10.
SEASON LEADERS
PLAYER SEASON TD
1. Willis McGahee 2002 28
2. Edgerrin James 1998 19
3. Eddie Dunn 1938 14
Edgerrin James 1997 14
5. Harry Ghaul 1945 13
Danyell Ferguson 1995 13
James Jackson 2000 13
Leonard Hankerson 2010 13
Duke Johnson 2012 13
10. James Stewart 1994 12
Tyrone Moss 2005 12

(Also shows how crazy McGahee's 2002 season was)

Last edited:
And people thought the only reason we recruited him was Sammy Watkins.

Thank god Golden got here in time that season.

DC is on his way to having one of the best scoring seasons in Miami history. We're halfway through the season and he already has 10 TDs (4 straight games with multiple touchdowns). I expect his scoring to slow down, but 4 more is realistic, which would put him 3rd. Here's the top 10.
SEASON LEADERS
PLAYER SEASON TD
1. Willis McGahee 2002 28
2. Edgerrin James 1998 19
3. Eddie Dunn 1938 14
Edgerrin James 1997 14
5. Harry Ghaul 1945 13
Danyell Ferguson 1995 13
James Jackson 2000 13
Leonard Hankerson 2010 13
Duke Johnson 2012 13
10. James Stewart 1994 12
Tyrone Moss 2005 12

(Also shows how crazy McGahee's 2002 season was)

I'm surprised Stephen McGuire isn't on there.

Advertisement
Back