Darrion Owens will be an EE

D

deleted3746

• His commitment back in June surprised his family
  • Wanted to show his family why he committed, so he brought them to Rising Senior Day on 11 August
  • Owens brought his brother, sister, dad, step-dad, and mom with him
  • Says they think he made a great choice
  • Says his family found out some of the Miami coaches were at FIU when his brother played there
  • Will be in Miami for good in January as an EE
  • Says he enjoyed watching the scrimmage
  • Says Miami seems like it's in a good spot
  • Says he wanted to run off the sidelines and get next to all the guys
  • Says it's only a matter of time
  • Says once he knows the scheme and all his plays, he can run with anybody
  • Says Miami should win the ACC this year
  • Says he saw how good the offense looked and how much the defense was moving around
  • Says getting to meet the other commits was pretty cool
  • Says he gets hyped thinking about how strong our class is looking
  • Says by the time we're graduating, we should be a really good team, says we might have won a NC, at least he hopes so

Spring game HLs:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1368104/darrion-owens

SOURCE

Advertisement
That's huge. This kid has just as high of a ceiling as any of our defensive recruits.

Advertisement
Big time that he is a ee... Got**** we done et foot in Duval............

This kid will be a big time player and right away....kid is intense.

People sleep but this cat has all the tools to be a great one.

My favorite commit. Even over Predator Mike.

People sleep but this cat has all the tools to be a great one.

My favorite commit. Even over Predator Mike.

Agreed.

163.gif

That's me after watching his highlight tape.

Advertisement
This kid worries me the most.. He's a super athlete and is from an area that hasn't been cane-friendly. I'm glad to hear that he'll be on campus early.. Great find by the staff

This kid's film is sick, great pickup by the staff, we are stacking some ballers on D. Just need a few more to round out a great class.

Advertisement
Definitely one of my favorite recruits this cycle. Glad to hear the whole family came down and saw what The canes Family is about. Kid gets in early, gets a jump on Utough and will get a chance to fill out that super athletic frame. With it being a down year at LB got to love what we did pulling him and Juwon.

Definitely one of my favorite recruits this cycle. Glad to hear the whole family came down and saw what The canes Family is about. Kid gets in early, gets a jump on Utough and will get a chance to fill out that super athletic frame. With it being a down year at LB got to love what we did pulling him and Juwon.

He's already listed at 215 right now. Depending on how he's been working he may be closer to 220-25 right now. With a full spring of UTough he may be pushing 240 before his true freshman season even starts!

Advertisement
Sounds like this kid knows opportunities will be present for him on this team in 2014. With many thinking DP will be an early entry candidate to the pros we could be losing two starting LBs, that means a chance for these freshmen to come in to compete for a job from Day One. Figs doing what he's doing is really helping us twofold, he's not only going to be a beast, but kids are seeing what he's doing and want to replicate it.

It's always great to get kids in here in January and get them through Utough and spring ball.

Been trying to temper my enthusiasm about this kid for obvious reasons, but I can't anymore. I can see a Figetron-type impact from this kid. He's a cot **** animal.

Advertisement
Back