5 Thoughts

Whatever the coaches are doing right now, flat ****es me off. Where was this for the last few years?

THIS!!! As awesome as the past 2 games have been, doesn't it **** you off that Duke will most likely win the coastal regardless of what we do from here on out? That team Duke team doesn't even belong in the same stratosphere as this Miami team, yet we managed to ***** up another season!!

Oh well...November 15th is our superbowl

Advertisement
This is the type defense we were hoping to see at the start of the season when the mantra was addition by subtraction. Dammit mane.. I don't know what to think right now. They continue to play like this and there's no way Dorito gets fired. So should I be happy they are attacking and playing well, or should I be sad that them playing well prolongs the Jersey Shore experiment?

Let's assume the following:

A.) That we actually are playing better on D and we will continue to do so,

B.) That Al is either calling the plays or controlling the D for the first time, and

C.) Al is retained as HC

If Al finally changed things, why would he keep him? What would be the point of keeping Coach D? He doesn't recruit well or at all. He doesn't offer anything of value as a DC. Why would he keep him?
I'm saying I'm confused mang. We don't actually know that Al took over the defense do we? I liked what I saw and I don't know what to think about that. My mind is still "**** no, he's got to go!" but that's the kind of defensive performance I expected to start seeing this year. ******* improvement man, what am I supposed to do with that?

Ill join you on 5 thoughts:

- Miami is a running football team, and Coley tries to fight it, we are better from under center than shotgun (especially OL), it will take a 200 yd rushing effort to beat FSU and a commitment to the run woulda made our 3 losses vastly different games. One day we will be a QB centric offense, this is not the year

- Golden was right about tackling, its a big difference in our D right now, all of NC's underneath passes were quickly tackled

- We are drastically improving on 3rd down on both sides of the ball, mainly due to points 1 and 2

- we were running some 4-3 todays with LB's 3 yds off the ball, I had a chubby

- Our CB's played lights out today

Advertisement
5 thoughts

*Run first offense finally, they trust duke to set the tone. credit ice for that
*Running more Nickel and Dime Packages no more of linebackers covering slot wide receivers now we know how to assign linebackers like grace and owns on their TEs.
*Man and Press Coverage :fistbump: linebackers playing closer to the line of scrimmage. the defensive front has attacked way more than ever before, instead of standing straight up. "pretending to rush the qb"
*blitz packages finally, we just don't blitz the corner or safety anymore, we have linebackers playing in the backfield.
* All 3 phrases including time management has improved these last 2 weeks.

This team is kind of new from the last several years. I almost wonder if it just took them longer for things to click or if the coaches really changed much. Either way, we need to steal that FSU game. We need it.

These are the times when I hate not being around other Canes fans. So psyched right now. Do we really have to wait two whole weeks? That's plenty of time for Jameis Crablegs to get in and then back out of trouble again.

Glad to see that Ice Harris mentoring Ole Al on how to utilize South Florida talent is paying off......

Advertisement
Whatever the coaches are doing right now, flat ****es me off. Where was this for the last few years?

First of all a lot of the players in there the last few years were just plain bad....sorry.

Did you ever stop to think that what we're seeing is players who know better how to succeed in the defense COMBINED with the coaches maybe easing up a little bit and letting them be more aggressive? You can be ****ed all you want but you know **** well that guys like Kacy Rodgers and Highsmith and Jimmy Gaines (among others) are so much less talented than what we have out there now. That kind of stuff makes a big difference. Jesus Christ ...even Tracy Howard stepped up and tackled someone.

Certainly not the same D. We not only see a lot of Man. We see a lot of press. I sincerely hope they get aggressive against FSU, stop showing teams too much respect. And for the love of God nail Jameis Winston

i cant wait till jamies takes a couple in the back like this UnC qb did today

This is the type defense we were hoping to see at the start of the season when the mantra was addition by subtraction. Dammit mane.. I don't know what to think right now. They continue to play like this and there's no way Dorito gets fired. So should I be happy they are attacking and playing well, or should I be sad that them playing well prolongs the Jersey Shore experiment?

Let's assume the following:

A.) That we actually are playing better on D and we will continue to do so,

B.) That Al is either calling the plays or controlling the D for the first time, and

C.) Al is retained as HC

If Al finally changed things, why would he keep him? What would be the point of keeping Coach D? He doesn't recruit well or at all. He doesn't offer anything of value as a DC. Why would he keep him?
I'm saying I'm confused mang. We don't actually know that Al took over the defense do we? I liked what I saw and I don't know what to think about that. My mind is still "**** no, he's got to go!" but that's the kind of defensive performance I expected to start seeing this year. ****ing improvement man, what am I supposed to do with that?

Well he must be involved somehow with that play card stuffed in his pants! LOL

Advertisement

First of all a lot of the players in there the last few years were just plain bad....sorry.

Did you ever stop to think that what we're seeing is players who know better how to succeed in the defense COMBINED with the coaches maybe easing up a little bit and letting them be more aggressive? You can be ****ed all you want but you know **** well that guys like Kacy Rodgers and Highsmith and Jimmy Gaines (among others) are so much less talented than what we have out there now. That kind of stuff makes a big difference. Jesus Christ ...even Tracy Howard stepped up and tackled someone.

The problem with your statement is that Al did not give any of those guys the opportunity to let loose and just play defense. Maybe if he did, those guys that looked so horrible might not have looked quite as bad. People are not trying to argue that we don't have better talent now, people are just saying he has been utilizing the talent we have poorly.

Advertisement
I can definitely love with this defense. Looks totally different from earlier in the seasonz

The problem with your statement is that Al did not give any of those guys the opportunity to let loose and just play defense. Maybe if he did, those guys that looked so horrible might not have looked quite as bad. People are not trying to argue that we don't have better talent now, people are just saying he has been utilizing the talent we have poorly.

You may be right but most of the issues I saw with guys like them had everything to do with basic football skills, etc. But you're right that if the players are lined up and "uncomfortable" for whatever reason, they will be more timid and not explode. But the talent level overall is just such a step up...key FRESHMAN playing key roles all over the field.

Advertisement
Back