5 Thoughts

jerzeycane

All-ACC
1) 258 yards is the lowest yardage total ever for a Larry Fedora coached team and majority of those yards were gained long after the game was in hand. This is a different defense than the one that got drubbed in Lincoln, Nebraska. They've once again held a team below their average and they held Carolina WELL below their average. That's an offense that threw 43 on Notre Dame IN South Bend and they squashed them like a bug today. Aggressive on the outside, pressure in up front, and sound in their gap assignments. Excellent performance.

2) I can't remember the last time we put together two dominant performances against power 5 teams. Even when we play mediocre conference opponents, we wind up with games like Wake Forest last year. Where a scrub team hangs around all day and we have to scratch and claw to pull out a victory. That ain't what today was. Total domination from the jump. The sack fumble was a hiccup and the squad got right back to business and continued to plaster a below average opponent. Regardless how you feel about this coaching staff, that's progress.

3) Duke Da Gawd

4) Brad Kaaya is so freaking cool. The team needed to get back in gear after the sack fumble and he calmly led the team back down the field and punched it into the endzone everytime he got down there in the first half. So cool to have a QB you can trust on the money downs and in the red zone. His ball placement and decision making has been outstanding for the majority of the year and he will only get better from here on.

5) 2 weeks until we beat Florida State and end the winning streak.

Advertisement
Perryman had some monster hits again but we are starting to see good play out of several other linebackers which I find very encouraging. Also saw some gap shooting on the dline.

Definitely can notice the difference in QB play when Heaps comes in. Kaaya will be playing on Sunday's...I'd take him over Tanehill right now as a matter of fact.

Advertisement
Whatever the coaches are doing right now, flat ****es me off. Where was this for the last few years?

Advertisement
We should be undefeated. This team is starting to look good.

Where has this **** coaching been all year.

We've looked good. Hope we stay healthy and get a killer gameplan ready for FSU. A LOT left to play for this year.

Advertisement
Whatever the coaches are doing right now, flat ****es me off. Where was this for the last few years?

Two things I've noticed. Full commitment to make Duke the centerpiece of our offense. Everything feeds off him. And second, I think we are bringing more pressure on 1st and 2nd downs rather than waiting to obvious 3rd and passing situations.

Bear in mind, we've played some truly awful teams.

This is the type defense we were hoping to see at the start of the season when the mantra was addition by subtraction. Dammit mane.. I don't know what to think right now. They continue to play like this and there's no way Dorito gets fired. So should I be happy they are attacking and playing well, or should I be sad that them playing well prolongs the Jersey Shore experiment?

Advertisement
This is the type defense we were hoping to see at the start of the season when the mantra was addition by subtraction. Dammit mane.. I don't know what to think right now. They continue to play like this and there's no way Dorito gets fired. So should I be happy they are attacking and playing well, or should I be sad that them playing well prolongs the Jersey Shore experiment?

Let's assume the following:

A.) That we actually are playing better on D and we will continue to do so,

B.) That Al is either calling the plays or controlling the D for the first time, and

C.) Al is retained as HC

If Al finally changed things, why would he keep him? What would be the point of keeping Coach D? He doesn't recruit well or at all. He doesn't offer anything of value as a DC. Why would he keep him?

Certainly not the same D. We not only see a lot of Man. We see a lot of press. I sincerely hope they get aggressive against FSU, stop showing teams too much respect. And for the love of God nail Jameis Winston

Advertisement
Back