5 teams that could join the ACC if ND joins for FB

IMO WVU is the only viable option. Great basketball and good enough football. That is what the conference wants more than anything. Not too mention their baseball program is on the come up and has a brand new facility.

It makes too much sense to not be considered. ACC already has multiple former Big East teams. Backyard Brawl could also be back on for Thanksgiving weekend like old times.

Advertisement
IMO WVU is the only viable option. Great basketball and good enough football. That is what the conference wants more than anything. Not too mention their baseball program is on the come up and has a brand new facility.

It makes too much sense to not be considered. ACC already has multiple former Big East teams. Backyard Brawl could also be back on for Thanksgiving weekend like old times.

The tea-sips from Tobacco Road don't want anything to do with WVU. Subpar academics and a poor image.

I actually don't like the idea of Notre Lame joining the ACC, but of course because they're already a member for Basketball it makes the most logical sense.

So if we they wanted to add another school to pair with them, I'd take Memphis or USF.

I'd take UCF too, but most of our fans have a big issue with UCF which is weird to me because they're not a threat to us at all & they wouldn't become a recruiting Dynamo if they joined a power 5. They would most likely immediately drop down to the bottom of the conference & at best would be a middle of the pack team.

I actually would be trying to figure out a way to get the **** out of the ACC if I was the AD, this conference has been nothing but bad luck for us. I'd go to Big XII with another school to finally give them 12 teams.
I always wanted SEC once we were going to join a conference. why would a school that shut Bball down sacrifice the greatest football program in the country by going to basketball conference? Ofcourse the elite sobs in the administration thought that when Howard and those kids made Suntan U into THE U it meant they were Harvard.

The tea-sips from Tobacco Road don't want anything to do with WVU. Subpar academics and a poor image.

They have good enough graduate programs like their dentistry school. I honestly don’t know why that would be a deciding factor anyway. I also don’t understand where the poor image comes from. I get WV has a strange reputation, but If you’ve ever been to Morgantown you know it’s a GREAT college town. Nothing in the ACC outside of Clemson comes close to the game day vibe and atmosphere in town. If you’re a fan of college football, Milan Puskar is a place you have to see a night game at.

I admit I’m a little biased bc I’ve been going up there since I was 8, but I’ve never had anyone I’ve taken up there not have a great time and come away with a new prospective on it.

They have good enough graduate programs like their dentistry school. I honestly don’t know why that would be a deciding factor anyway. I also don’t understand where the poor image comes from. I get WV has a strange reputation, but If you’ve ever been to Morgantown you know it’s a GREAT college town. Nothing in the ACC outside of Clemson comes close to the game day vibe and atmosphere in town. If you’re a fan of college football, Milan Puskar is a place you have to see a night game at.

I admit I’m a little biased bc I’ve been going up there since I was 8, but I’ve never had anyone I’ve taken up there not have a great time and come away with a new prospective on it.

Glad that YOU had a good time, but Randy Shannon has a permanent neurological injury in his neck from having a trash can dropped on him from the upper deck of "Milan Puskar" by WVU fans.

Maybe Randy should have stayed in Morgantown for a few extra days to get some great dentistry work.

We should not pick the 16th ACC team based on "game day vibe" and "atmosphere in town". That would be fiduciary incompetence.

Advertisement
Glad that YOU had a good time, but Randy Shannon has a permanent neurological injury in his neck from having a trash can dropped on him from the upper deck of "Milan Puskar" by WVU fans.

Maybe Randy should have stayed in Morgantown for a few extra days to get some great dentistry work.

We should not pick the 16th ACC team based on "game day vibe" and "atmosphere in town". That would be fiduciary incompetence.

I get your sentiment, but you add them in bc they are good enough to improve basketball and football. You don’t see pro teams boycott going to Philly, bc they are afraid of batteries, do you? One incident doesn’t change anything.

Advertisement
You don't understand how markets are "covered". Orlando and Tampa are not filled with Miami and F$U fans who demand ACC games get carried on the local networks. UCF and USF games take priority.

Bunch of soft-shouldered pvssy fans if they are scurred of UCF and USF diluting UM if we allow them into the ACC. Four ACC teams in North Carolina doesn't dilute brand or recruiting or interest, but people are afraid of 4 ACC teams in a much larger state like Florida?

I've never seen more misguided fear.

Yeah, but we should "elevate" Memphis and Cincinnati instead. Zero self-awareness and honesty. Any school that joins the ACC from Group of Five gets a benefit, and we got Miami fans who are afraid of Florida directional schools.
I could really care less if UCF or USF join the ACC, and if UM plays them so be it. However, ACC does not need 3 teams from one state, when you can expand exposure to a whole new market whether it would be into Ohio or Tennessee.

Advertisement

I actually have been to Morgantown to check out campus and went to a football game. Whole experience was booty. Nothing memorable whatsoever except "Country Roads" at the end of the game.

ND one and done as a full time ACC football participating member. never, i mean forget the Jesuits are all about the Benjamins
and will not give up the Dough period

I actually have been to Morgantown to check out campus and went to a football game. Whole experience was booty. Nothing memorable whatsoever except "Country Roads" at the end of the game.

You’re entitled to that opinion, but it’s wrong. If you can’t have fun at WVU you dont know what you’re doing. Biggest party school in America.

Advertisement

As the media would call it, a “mostly peaceful football game.”

Im just saying Ive been to about 15 games and never seen anything thrown on the field from the stands. This guy can have his POV from what he’s seen and I can have mine from what I’ve seen. Kinda like when all Miami players were “thugs.” I bet you didn’t take that at face value, did you?

I can promise you some of the most hateful things you’ll ever hear out of someone’s mouth comes from the wine and cheese crowd in Chapel Hill. I’m sure nobody will write an article trashing them though.

As the media would call it, a “mostly peaceful football game.”

Im just saying Ive been to about 15 games and never seen anything thrown on the field from the stands. This guy can have his POV from what he’s seen and I can have mine from what I’ve seen. Kinda like when all Miami players were “thugs.” I bet you didn’t take that at face value, did you?

I can promise you some of the most hateful things you’ll ever hear out of someone’s mouth comes from the wine and cheese crowd in Chapel Hill. I’m sure nobody will write an article trashing them though.
True. I've lived in VA for most of my life, and UVA hates the Holes more than VT. I believe it's called "the oldest rivalry in the south". Lots of bad blood at those games.

True. I've lived in VA for most of my life, and UVA hates the Holes more than VT. I believe it's called "the oldest rivalry in the south". Lots of bad blood at those games.

I feel like I’m coming off as a WVU defender in this thread now, but I’m really just trying to make a point. Remember when everyone did the whole broad brush painting to us? **** they even still try to do it today.

And it’s really not that bad between UVA and UNC bc they’re both the same kind of fan base. It gets bad when it involves who they consider 2nd class citizens (Nc State, ECU, Etc.)

I feel like I’m coming off as a WVU defender in this thread now, but I’m really just trying to make a point. Remember when everyone did the whole broad brush painting to us? **** they even still try to do it today.

I ain't mad at ya. I know there are redneck towns where college football is a big deal.

But WVU isn't much of a TV market, and they certainly don't produce W-L results that match recruiting at a #40 level (for the past 7 years).

I'm gonna say no, dawg, that's a no for me.

Advertisement
Back