5 stars where are they now

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s basing it on the track record. Their last 5* TE they signed did nothing there and got selected in the 7th round
Nuagta was overrated Imo out of HS..Orson Charles, randy mccmicheal, Ben Watson, pope..they’ve had guys definitely at TE star in college. not Miami caliber as to what they did in the pros except Watson but if your a dude the nfl will find you..they found Unc at savannah state lol ..Imo Darnell Washington has a lonnng way to go

Nuagta was overrated Imo out of HS..Orson Charles, randy mccmicheal, Ben Watson, pope..they’ve had guys definitely at TE star in college. not Miami caliber as to what they did in the pros except Watson but if your a dude the nfl will find you..they found Unc at savannah state lol ..Imo Darnell Washington has a lonnng way to go
I agree with him being overrated but it remains the same Nuagta was the highest ranked TE in a long time and he did nothjng

And we did nothing with dajleon Farr..
You could see that one comin a mile away. Wasn’t that the year we lost out for martellus bennett? One guy had size, athleticism, physicality. The other was tall and could move in camp.

Advertisement
yep. truth,

so that being said, how the **** was lingard such a miss?
Many have said that the 18 class was a weak RB class. Cam was the #7 ranked back that class, iirc.

The thing w Lo was the system he played in high school was not conducive to a lot of collegiate programs. However, he did show promise in his one game. It feels like when our players suffer serious injuries, they are never the same. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Evals matter
Water is wet...

You don’t care about evals. You care about South Florida so I don’t know why you even comment. If we actually cared about evals we would be building the way Butch built it. Half the team wasn’t even from FL let alone SFL. Only like 25% were kids from here and most of those were highly touted guys. The others were putting evals over location first but you and the SFL pump squad refuse to acknowledge it.

Advertisement
Water is wet...

You don’t care about evals. You care about South Florida so I don’t know why you even comment. If we actually cared about evals we would be building the way Butch built it. Half the team wasn’t even from FL let alone SFL. Only like 25% were kids from here and most of those were highly touted guys. The others were putting evals over location first but you and the SFL pump squad refuse to acknowledge it.
Your comment makes no sense. Youre mixing apples and armchairs.

I do care about evals and everyone should. Evals matter no matter where you choose to strategically focus your recruiting efforts. You seem to think evals only matter if you prioritize focus the same way butch did. that’s a bizarre claim.

Many have said that the 18 class was a weak RB class. Cam was the #7 ranked back that class, iirc.

The thing w Lo was the system he played in high school was not conducive to a lot of collegiate programs. However, he did show promise in his one game. It feels like when our players suffer serious injuries, they are never the same. 🤷🏾‍♂️
He played in a wing T system in high school which not many schools, especially ones who have talent, use anymore. When he first got here, Richt made some comments about him not being ready to play because in high school he never had to do anything besides take the handoff/pitch and run towards the designated hole. It’s not uncommon for a true freshman to not know the offense but usually they’ll get a few chances a game to carry the ball if they’re a special talent. When Lingard wasn’t even getting those kind of touches, I started to think that maybe he just wasn’t good. He didn’t even step on the field for 9 of the 13 games in 2018. He had 17 carries total but 10 were against FIU and 4 were against Savanna State. He didn’t get a single touch against a P5 team. You really ha e to wonder if the kid was a legit 5 star talent when the coaches didn’t bother trying to get him into games anyway possible.

Advertisement
But seriously WHY AREN'T WE STARTING LINGARD?????

It's amazing that the answer to this issue is always, every single time, the staff probably knows more about how good a given player is than you do.

So that's why they didn't start Rousseau the first few games last year?

So that's why they didn't start Rousseau the first few games last year?
No, they clearly knew that Rousseau was tearing it up in practice but didn't start him because they purposely wanted to lose to florida.

Lingard was a 5-star because his size/speed combination was elite and he racked up a ton of highlights versus subpar competition.
He was probably the most physically impressive RB at every camp he went to.

I think you have to take a shot on a kid like that, but you also have to ask yourself WHY he is ranked a 5-star.
The guys making the rankings put a lot of stock into physical attributes. They don't know enough about football to assume that Lingard might've had trouble transitioning to a college offense. And there's no way that they're gonna see a 6'0" 200+ 4.3 forty kid and NOT rank him high.

I mean, Lingard's being out-played by 3-star kids right now. But does that mean he should've been ranked a 3-star coming out of high school? No.
You can't give 3 stars to a kid with those physical attributes and those stats. He should've been ranked high AS A PROSPECT but perhaps with an asterisk beside his name. (which is how I viewed him before coming here)

Hasselwood might have performed better in Miami. His problems at OU:

- Tore his ACL in April
- OU has a better receiver roster. He came in within the same class that featured another five star (Wease) receiver.

Advertisement
Back