5-Star Thomas Has No Leader

View as article
Poorly-done, unprofessional interview, Pete.

Just take the kid's answers and move on. Quit trying to dig and harass him.

oh he mad.jpg

Advertisement
FSU got 5 recruits from South Florida the past 4 years. 3 of which Randy never offered because he is a dumb ***. Golden has shut out FSU altogether.

Xavier Rhodes - Shammin didn't want. Was a WR at Norland but Shammin never even visited his high school alma mater.

Lemarcus Joyner - had a nasty fall out with Miami coaches supposedly. Went with FSU and is their resident leader in negative recruiting. Randy supposedly said he was too small to play safety and too slow to play CB. Go figure.

Davonta Freeman -Miami never offered for some reason. Shammin didn't even know this kid existed. Same thing with Giovanni Bernard who is tearing it up at UNC.

Bobby Hart - Shammin like to recruiting players when they committed elsewhere instead of trying to flip them. Moron.

Rashard Greene - had a Miami offer. Shammin had only one commit by December. Got canned and the kid chose FSU. Do not blame him at all. Dorset just wanted to be a cane and we are lucky he bleeds Miami.

That's about it. FSU was supposed to get

Tracy Howard
AJL
Malcolm Lewis
Etc

They are shut out now.

:eekeyes:

Joyner has problems, but lack of speed ain't one of 'em.

I spoke to Joyner a couple months ago at the gym before they had to go back for camp. I asked him about Miami and he told me he just never liked the U. Nothing Randy or anyone could have done imo.

Yea there was an interview on youtube where he stated that... He never wanted to come here... 5ringz making up stuff... Everyone knows that speed wasnt an issue... Shannon would not have told him that... An ignorant football fan can see speed... As for Greene, I always liked him... I thought he could do everything Dorsett did and more with a lil size... He was really a GA. kid that moved to Florida during his junior year I believe... Maybe he was a FSU kid all along... As for Rhodes, we hated on Ray... He can hit but he struggles in coverage from the corner position... And as for Freeman, he's still an unknown potential... We had a monster haul for running backs... Too bad only 2 remain on the squad... FSU will always get players from down here but it won't be because they out-recruited us(hopefully thats not the case)... We can't pull in everyone and some players will leave... That being said, Thomas can't be a player that leaves... He's a must get...

This. I was an assistant coach on the SFE, when LJ played for them. He grew up an FSU fan, and never liked the U.

I think the interview was too persistent. Honestly I would have asked maybe one question I think he was annoyed a little. You will get better at this Pete just keep speaking with confidence. Overall solid interview just less questions about recruiting. Maybe ask questions about academics, what major, what other players does he think will stand out, and lastly what is his moms favorite dish( al will cook himself). lol

Advertisement
Why would he not ask as many question about recruiting. I don't get it. I like the persistence .

Last edited:
Advertisement
Seems to me like a guy who doesn't want to disappoint local fans and the hometown school by saying where he really wants to go. Antoine Smith-like.

Pete's interview is for a 'Canes site. Of course he is going to try and gauge the true interest in being a 'Cane. The kid sounds non-committal to me and people need to stop hanging on his every word. The question was about freshmen playing at Miami and he said he feels like if he goes to Miami he thinks he can play early. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oversimplifying the obvious: If we have a good year (IE: 8 wins plus), landing Thomas will be much more secure. Just win.

Advertisement
Still way early to tell where Thomas will end up. Nothing to read from that interview other than he really didn't feel like doing an interview. If he was all FSU he could have come straight out and said that. He really has nothing to lose in doing so because everyone will still recruit him just as hard. If he was all Cane he could come out and say that also and for the same reason, but he didn't. What he did say is that he's focused on his senior season, and he implied that the rest will take care of itself. And he's right.

Food for thought: hanging on every word of a 17 year old is likely to send you into a psychotic episode.

Last edited:
Rhodes is not Ray Ray, he is actually good in coverage and shut-down Mike Floyd. He is actually legit not living off HS hype. Lets not try to spin something because he is in FSU.

Rhodes is not Ray Ray, he is actually good in coverage and shut-down Mike Floyd. He is actually legit not living off HS hype. Lets not try to spin something because he is in FSU.

Its easy to shut someone down when your qb is bad... Notre Dame qb's were putrid in that bowl game... Rhodes can hit and tackle but just like everyone else in FSU's secondary they can't cover... I like Rhodes it has nothing to do with being a seminole... I'm a cane fan but I like to see the Florida boys do well... Whether they're playing for the U or playing for Alaska U... That being said, the kid has issues in coverage... Thats where the comparison to Ray is based off... If we didn't appreciate Rays contribution then you we wouldnt appreciate Rhodes...

Advertisement
First thing. Rhodes is a 1st or 2nd round pick in the draft.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/CB

Second. From the FSU side. They told Thomas to keep it quiet so he doesn't get all the BS from all the fans. This is why he won't talk about it. Hate to say it. But he is all FSU. That sucks.

I agree, sucks that he won't be staying home for college
This is real... hey, but those who don't know seem to scream the loudest.

Last edited:
I have no idea where this kid is going. All I know is there is a TON of time between now and NSD. Golden will put the work in and whatever happens happens. It would hurt, but it won't be the end of the world if he doesn't come here. If the staff is worth their salt, there is a viable plan B in place.

Advertisement
Back