5-star TE Washington updates recruitment, official visit plans

View as article
Advertisement
This is starting to play out exactly like Brevins commitment. These kids are smart and know where to get their bread buttered. Securing a Bishop Gorman pipeline would be HUGE.
Yes, it would be huge but he plays at Desert Pines. Either or, to land a player of his stature (height and rating) would be a tremendous get for Enos and the boys. Dan will have to make sure he gets the ball in Brevin and Will’s hands; not only for future recruiting but also because they both represent huge mismatches we can exploit offensively. Whether they’re lined up outside, 1 on the line the other out wide/slot/HB, etc. there’s a lot of innovative ways Enos can get the ball in their hands and tons of YAC to be had. Can’t wait to see what Enos does with both players this season, and I’m betting Washington is going to be watching closely as well.

"I think Coach Niedermeyer, (tight ends) coach (Stephen) Field at Miami, and (tight ends) coach (Todd) Hartley at Georgia have done the best job establishing a relationship with me," Washington told Adams last month. "Coach Hartley probably recruits me the hardest. Coach Niedermeyer and Coach Hartley have done the best job recruiting my family."

Didn't mention much about Bama again besides that he will OV. This was from a Tennessee writer.
Gotta recruit the family.. stll feel like Brevin and guys like Bubba and Tate can help more than anything.. have guys from your hometown

Advertisement

When asked where the Bulldogs stand with him at the moment, Washington had an interesting response.

"Georgia is in my top two. Maybe my top one. I cannot say too much," Washington said. "They are pretty high up there right now. You got Georgia. You got Tennessee. You got Miami. I think those are the top three."

With August around the corner, Washington is ready to get serious with the process.
"Now my focus turns to my season and my officials," Washington said. "Georgia has theirs, for the Notre Dame game. I still have others I need to lock in. I just have to take time to sit down and think about it. The plan is to take my recruitment all the way. I have not thought about silent commitments or anything like that because I have not thought about it."

Pretty interesting update.

Obviously Tennessee and UGA have bags and strong recruiters. Not sure where bags fall in here. That said, production-wise at that position, we have the combination of those two schools beat all day. My guess is that it'll take a successful season and our TE’s performing really well in a TE friendly offense.

Advertisement
How the f*** can UGA keep doing this? They will probably get the other 5* TE too from GA. I mean I know exactly how they are doing it but anyway.

Atleast he hasn't committed, so if we show up and 9 has a year …..
Get a grip

Whats interesting is i heard tennesse is in deep on arik gilbert too. So is it basically tennesse and georgia each gonna gonna land one of those two? We need to show out. Count on tennesse losing 5 games too. Georgia and bama are losses for sure. Then maybe ufag and add some more

Advertisement
Wasn't Darnell the one that stated that he is waiting for the season to see if the teams actually use the TEs a lot? That all the teams that are recruiting him tell him about how much they will feature him and the TEs in the offense, but he wants to actually see it in game, as actions speak louder than words. If that is the case, I think that bodes really well for us and bad for Georgia this season.

Advertisement
We’ll see how big of a role the TE plays in Georgia offense with Hartley being there. He’s not gone be fooled by all talk no action.

This is one kid where I believe a good season makes a difference, especially if our TEs significantly outperform the TEs playing for UGA and UTn. I don't think bags are driving his decision though those two schools obviously always raised red flags.

Advertisement
Back