5-star TE Washington updates recruitment, official visit plans

View as article
Advertisement

When asked where the Bulldogs stand with him at the moment, Washington had an interesting response.

"Georgia is in my top two. Maybe my top one. I cannot say too much," Washington said. "They are pretty high up there right now. You got Georgia. You got Tennessee. You got Miami. I think those are the top three."

With August around the corner, Washington is ready to get serious with the process.
"Now my focus turns to my season and my officials," Washington said. "Georgia has theirs, for the Notre Dame game. I still have others I need to lock in. I just have to take time to sit down and think about it. The plan is to take my recruitment all the way. I have not thought about silent commitments or anything like that because I have not thought about it."

Pretty interesting update.

You know why this makes me feel good. He's coming off UOV to UT and UGA so of course he has a visit high but to mention Miami on his own without being prompted says a lot. I'm not saying we get him but you can tell we are in a really good spot with him imo.

The really interesting part about his interview is the fact there is NO mention of Alabama. They already have him penciled in. Gilbert has no interest in Bama. It didn't seem like Theo Johnson did, either. I think UGA would take either Johnson or Washington. Gilbert is a real wild card right now..

This is one kid where I believe a good season makes a difference, especially if our TEs significantly outperform the TEs playing for UGA and UTn. I don't think bags are driving his decision though those two schools obviously always raised red flags.
Hartley and a favorable depth chart at his position will be tough to beat, but if we have a good season wer'e in there IF this guy is a real competitor.

We are loaded at TE, tho. Hodges will be a player. Brevin and Will have another season. Evidence might also be making a move to TE.

Stacked.

He MIGHT opt to take the easy easy route at UGA, in which case, hes not built for us anyway.

Let's see what hes made of.

Advertisement
TE is kinda the one position where not every team uses it the same. Every team needs OL DL QB RB WR etc..
But not every team uses the TE as much. This is why I think this is one truly elite battle we can win. Cause our boys are gonna show out this year at the position. Georgia doesn't have the elite talent there nor does tennesse. So while they will use the TE they won't be as good as ours. We just need to win 10+ to offset the bags a bit

Advertisement

When asked where the Bulldogs stand with him at the moment, Washington had an interesting response.

"Georgia is in my top two. Maybe my top one. I cannot say too much," Washington said. "They are pretty high up there right now. You got Georgia. You got Tennessee. You got Miami. I think those are the top three."

With August around the corner, Washington is ready to get serious with the process.
"Now my focus turns to my season and my officials," Washington said. "Georgia has theirs, for the Notre Dame game. I still have others I need to lock in. I just have to take time to sit down and think about it. The plan is to take my recruitment all the way. I have not thought about silent commitments or anything like that because I have not thought about it."

Pretty interesting update.

Excellent News!!!!🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊🎊🎊🙌🏿🙌🏿🙌🏿
He’s ours to lose, all we have to do is handle business...piece of 🍰

Arik Gilbert deciding to be a ATH/TE instead of DE like he should be is something I hope comes back to bite them.

I don't think it will ultimately matter though, UGA will probably still get Darnell no matter what.

All we can do is have the best season we can & show Darnell how we use Brevin, Mallory, Irvin Jr & Hodges. If he can't realize that Miami is TEU & we can develop & get him to the league in 3 years then that's on him.

TE is not position I feel we should ever have to beg any kid to come here for, UGA hasn't had a big time TE do sh*t since Ben Watson & Randy McMichael.

I don't think we'll get him, but we're not completely out of it either, just win & hit a homerun whenever he OV's during the season. He's probably gonna make his announcement during one of the All-Star games in January, we'll definitely be a hat on the table lol but I'm still expecting him to pick UGA.

To me what's more important is, if we're hellbent on taking 2 TE's this class that we find & recruit another option, unless the plan is to sit comfortable with taking just Mammarelli if Darnell doesn't commit.
Arent we also recruiting the canadian kid and the rogers kid from the west coast?

Anyhow, I agree with you re other options. Looks to me that we have a couple athlete spots for a second rb, te or 4th wr. Seems like we have few options at rb but are still trying at te, and im good with that. We were dangerously thin at te last year.

If Darnell Washington comes here he is getting serious snaps as a true freshman.
I completely agree I mean Jordan and Washington athletically is mind boggling and will be on the field a lot. I think Darnell is one of those guys who gets it in reharsa to what we do here but "other factors " could sway him but I still like our chances

Bama board is all bent on the Darnell Washington interview. They keep saying it "isn't an OFFICIAL top 3" LMAO

They also totally discount Miami as a serious contender. We're a "dumpster fire" and a lot of other things...... It's honestly too funny - some of their posters actually think he was trying to throw everyone off by NOT mentioning Bama as his leader.....

Advertisement
The really interesting part about his interview is the fact there is NO mention of Alabama. They already have him penciled in. Gilbert has no interest in Bama. It didn't seem like Theo Johnson did, either. I think UGA would take either Johnson or Washington. Gilbert is a real wild card right now..

I'd take him not mentioning Bama with a grain of salt. Make no mistake about it, their name will pop back up.

Bama board is all bent on the Darnell Washington interview. They keep saying it "isn't an OFFICIAL top 3" LMAO

They also totally discount Miami as a serious contender. We're a "dumpster fire" and a lot of other things...... It's honestly too funny - some of their posters actually think he was trying to throw everyone off by NOT mentioning Bama as his leader.....
After the gaytors, i look forward to their tears in a big way.

Advertisement

I hate those ******* hicks

i thought bama was recruiting that white tight end and UGA is getting gilbert thats in the bag

Advertisement
Back