5-star RB Sanders talks Canes and updates recruitment

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
IMG Academy (FL) 5-star RB Trey Sanders has been showing off his high-end talent and looks a notch above the rest of a deep prospect field at the Opening Finals. As a part of Team Hype, Sanders plans to make some serious noise in the 7-on-7 portion of the event.

“Starting tonight, I feel like me and my team, we’re going to be the best out there,” Sanders said.

Sanders has been a top Miami priority for what seems like forever now, but actually hasn’t spoken with the staff for some time.

“I ain’t talk to coach Brown in a while,” Sanders said. “When I was talking to him though, he was telling me to come in as a monster and learn from the backs ahead of me.”

Sanders said the lack of contact has been more from his end and he plans to start talking with UM more in the future.

“I started to get busy and things like that, I stopped texting all coaches because I started doing so much and things were going on,” Sanders said. “But, I’m going to start talking to coach Brown a little bit more.”

Sanders admits the UM staff has made an impression on his family and says his mother has been pushing him to take another look at the Canes. He’ll hit Coral Gables for a visit in these upcoming months.

“Actually, my mom wanted me to go down to Miami and see it again,” Sanders said. “I’m not sure when I’m going to make that visit.”

Who are the top schools in his recruitment from Sanders’ point of view?

“To be honest, I don’t even know. My phone is blowing up every day from coaches,” Sanders said. “I got two phones now.

One program that has Sanders’ attention is Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide. Although he previously decommitted from Bama, Sanders admits they have made a significant move in his mind.

“Alabama has a great tradition and they run their team like a business, I just trust their process,” Sanders said. “I’ve always wanted to go there, that’s my dream, and I feel like if you go there, [success] is guaranteed.”

As part of a dynamite backfield duo at IMG Academy, Sanders and teammate Noah Cain still toy with the idea of playing together at the next level.

“Me and Noah talk about it every day,” Sanders said.

Advertisement
Advertisement
“Alabama has a great tradition and they run their team like a business, I just trust their process,” Sanders said.

Did he just self-snitch?

Advertisement
He made it clear he's going to baga. Businesses pay for their human resources. Amazing how OOS schools our biggest competition for top in state and SOM players.

Two phones. Brother getting offers. Approval of schools running their team "like a business." Admittedly cut communication with Coach Brown. Like Baga because he "trusts their process." Mope, pessimist, realist, sunshine-pumper, homer, or @KrazyCane ... at this point all should agree this kid is not coming.

Advertisement
Guaranteed success? Maybe another 5 star back that eats his way out of the league. Seriously these kids just see what these kids do at Bama and completely neglect the kind of pros they turn out to be. If my goal was to win a Heisman, sure I’d go to Bama. But if my goal was to have a successful NFL career, Miami would be a much smarter option.

Advertisement
Guaranteed success? Maybe another 5 star back that eats his way out of the league. Seriously these kids just see what these kids do at Bama and completely neglect the kind of pros they turn out to be. If my goal was to win a Heisman, sure I’d go to Bama. But if my goal was to have a successful NFL career, Miami would be a much smarter option.
With that fancy new nutrition center at baga, their RB recruits will be DT's in no time.

Advertisement
Back