5 Star RB Lorenzo Lingard names Miami as leader

Advertisement
FWIW, this kid has some good speed. As a soph he had a 14.30 time for 110M hurdles in only his second meet. For context, Artie Burns' (who had world class hurdler speed as a high schooler) best time was in the 13.80 range. Pretty **** good.

Somewhat of a moot point, but Artie ran a 13.35 110H in High School if my number-inclined brain serves me correctly. Just gotta give my mans all credit due

Advertisement
These are lingards newest highlights not the horrible ones that were listed earlier. He looks fast and explosive for a big back. Something we have been missing.
University High Orange City, FL - Lorenzo Lingard highlights - Hudl

Yeah if you guys haven't been watching this tape, your skepticism might make some sense.

Def looks better here. Got 2 more years. Let's see what he puts out. Would be nice to get some 5* difference makers like Duke and Cook were.

These are lingards newest highlights not the horrible ones that were listed earlier. He looks fast and explosive for a big back. Something we have been missing.
University High Orange City, FL - Lorenzo Lingard highlights - Hudl

LOL NICE!!! That first tape must have been the B roll this one is legit 5 star material.

Agree.

The first film, I expected far more after hearing the hype surrounding the kid. I said as much when I saw them posted before.

Good film and you have to keep in mind he's competing as a sophomore. If his progression continues, he'll be killing it his senior year.

What's the chances he outgrown the position? He looks pretty big for his age.

Advertisement
Is this guy a take this early in the process? We're loaded at RB for years to come with Burns, Yearby, and Walton......

Is this guy a take this early in the process? We're loaded at RB for years to come with Burns, Yearby, and Walton......

Yes, he's a take whenever he wants to pull the trigger. Yearby will also be gone by the time this kids on campus and Walton will be a senior.

Link to article
Auburn in top group for 5-star 2018 running back Lorenzo Lingard following visit | AL.com

Auburn in top group for 5-star 2018 running back Lorenzo Lingard following visit

Five-star running back Lorenzo Lingard still has two seasons of high school football ahead of him, but the Orange City, Florida, native could see himself making a college decision much sooner.

Lingard, the No. 2 running back in the class of 2018 according to the 247Sports composite, wrapped up a four-college tour on Tuesday with his first unofficial trip to Auburn to check out the facilities. The 6-foot, 180-pound running back already has 25 offers under his belt and also visited Alabama, Miami and Ohio State as part of his late-summer trip.

"You know, with all these great schools coming at me, it's pretty close," Lingard said of a possible decision date. "It might crunch down to which one I feel most comfortable with, character-wise and family-wise."

Character was a trait the elite running back repeatedly brought up following his visit to Auburn, emphasizing the importance of it in assessing schools during his recruitment. At Auburn on Tuesday, Lingard left impressed with what he saw and heard from the coaching staff in that regard.

"The characters of the staff members were awesome," Lingard said. "I had a great time here. The campus is nice, the dorms are tremendous, and it's just the overall character and passion they have for people — I like that."

When asked what other factors would be important in choosing a program, Lingard said "nothing else, really, just overall people" before adding that he is a "people person."

During his brief visit to the Plains, Lingard got a chance to better get to know the people behind Auburn's football team. Auburn's coaches first visited Lingard's coaches at University High back in the spring before returning for Lingard's spring game. The Tigers offered Lingard back in April.

Tuesday was his first true face-to-face opportunity with the staff.

"Now having a feel for them, character-wise, is great," Lingard said. "They're great people."

Lingard did not work out for Auburn's coaches during his trip, instead focusing on exploring the campus and facilities and getting acquainted with the coaching staff. He spoke in depth with the offensive staff about the Tigers' track record of productive running backs.

During Gus Malzahn's coaching career, he has produced 15 1,000-yard rushers, while running backs coach Tim Horton has coached seven 1,000-yard running backs since 2007. Auburn fully expects that number to increase this season with Jovon Robinson as the featured back.

Lingard could possibly see himself in that lineage at the next level.

In February, Lingard told Scout.com that Florida State was his leader, but on Tuesday, the highly regarded running back clarified and said he currently has no leader — but Auburn is right in the thick of it for him.

"There's not a leader but there is a bunch and I'd say they're in the bunch right now," Longard said. "(Auburn is) greatly in the bunch."

Advertisement
"You know, with all these great schools coming at me, it's pretty close," Lingard said of a possible decision date. "It might crunch down to which one I feel most comfortable with, character-wise and family-wise."

If that's the case I like our chances

Advertisement
Lingard and Cook in 2018 would be epic

You can forget about them going to the same school. It might have been a blessing in disguise in the long run that A) Cook reclassified and B) He committed early to FSU.
Cook going anywhere but FSU would surprise me. When FSU got Dalvin they hit a gold mine. Dude is winning them games and recruiting battles.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

Explain that to Cook, Collins, Henry, Michel...etc.

Al Golden

Thank you.

True...however, we were still "RBU" right? RBU had nothing to do with Al Golden. It's what the U is. So saying Lingard would put the U on top just because the U is "RBU" isn't necessarily correct.

Actually it does explain that...
-Cook wanted to be the big dog and didn't want to sit behind Duke Johnson (wasn't expecting him to leave early). He also didn't want to end up possibly sharing carries with Yearby again. (This is not a rumor) He knew that if he went to UF or FSU that he would start by the end of his freshman season, wanted to stay in-state.
-Collins also factored playing time into consideration, since Duke had just finished breaking records as a freshman and was starting as a sophomore (rumor). Al Golden also sucked at recruiting while Collins had a eye for the SEC (not a rumor)
-Derrick Henry never gave miami the official visit because Nick Saban threatened to pull his offer if he did (Not a rumor). Even Saban was scared to lose him to us.
-Sony Michel...eh, Al Golden

You bring up some good points...and facts astcloud. All I was saying is that simply because we are known as RBU, doesn't necessarily mean all the top running backs are going to want to come to the U, and that it didn't always have to do with Golden.

Advertisement
Back