5-star OT Leigh continues building bond with Justice through quarantine

View as article
When was the last time Miami recruited a dominant 5 star lineman or a lineman who played way better then their star rating, the last decent lineman I remember us having was ereck flowers

Jason Fox? (As far as answering when the o-lineman who played better than their star rating)

But, admittedly, I don’t how he was rated coming out of HS

Advertisement
When was the last time Miami recruited a dominant 5 star lineman or a lineman who played way better then their star rating, the last decent lineman I remember us having was ereck flowers

I think you are asking the wrong question. Why is it that Miami has sent twice the number of linemen to the draft as Clemson since Dabo arrived yet our OL has played like *** for a decade? Before the 2020 draft, Miami had the edge 8 to 2. Now it's 8 to 4. Players under perform their star rating in college yet can land on NFL rosters.

You know what that tells me? Miami's OL coaching and S&C program is garbage. People are wowed by Lashlees offense improvement (hard not to improve over Enos), but the OL went from 117th in sacks allowed to 109th despite having a dual threat QB. The OL still sucks yet I think we will eventually see at least 2, maybe 3, OL from the current roster in the NFL. NFL GMs know Miami is landing talented OL, prospects but they aren't developed well so they get draft bargains.

Fun fact- since Dabo's first full year at Clemson in 2009, he's had a total of 4 offensive linemen get drafted (and 2 of those were in the 2020 draft). In that same time, Miami has had 8 offensive linemen go to the NFL. Miami has sent twice the number of offensive linemen to the NFL as one of the most successful programs of the last decade.
Did you ever consider the possibility that the statistic you recite here is not a useful measure of anything worth measuring?

Did you ever consider the possibility that the statistic you recite here is not a useful measure of anything worth measuring?

You don't think the fact that Miami has put double the amount of OL in the NFL as Clemson is relevant to the discussion of how well Miami develops players? It's not an insignificant number like 2 to 1. 8 OL compared to 4 from a program that has won multiple national championships in the last decade is interesting to me. It seems that having NFL caliber linemen isn't a key factor in having a championship team. The revelation I had is that the thing that all the elite teams seem to have in common isn't elite OL (as shown by Clemson only having two drafted from 2009-2019) it's elite WRs.

Last edited:
The guy he replied to is a Browns OT that player for Bama... Leigh replied "100% " to him... Might be Bama boys

Attachments

• DD39D6E1-1208-4E30-98D3-89C6BD683C36.jpeg
    DD39D6E1-1208-4E30-98D3-89C6BD683C36.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 317
Advertisement
You don't think the fact that Miami has put double the amount of OL in the NFL as Clemson is relevant to the discussion of how well Miami develops players? It's not an insignificant number like 2 to 1. 8 OL compared to 4 from a program that has won multiple national championships in the last decade is interesting to me. It seems that having NFL caliber linemen isn't a key factor in having a championship team. The revelation I had is that the thing that all the elite teams seem to have in common isn't elite OL (as shown by Clemson only having two drafted from 2009-2019) it's elite WRs.

.....or elite QB

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back