5 Star Notre Dame WR Jordan Johnson enters the Portal

How is he most definitely a take? This kid hasn’t even caught a pass in a Notre Dame scrimmage
Projecting him to be elite at best and more than serviceable at worse. Some places aren't for everyone, and that's DEFINITELY true at a place like Notre Dame. Totally understand him being drawn there from a business perspective, post playing days/degree...degree from there and he's practically set for life after he's done playing college/pro....In the business world they're alumni is 2nd to none, of course understanding that Ivy League schools are a separate entity/category lol. But Notre Lame degrees are in the tier with Stanford/Duke etc.

Advertisement
Pass. We're going to have 15 scholarship receivers at this rate. Give a LB or stud DE if we're going to use a counter on a transfer.
Got 5 spots for transfers...still no take? After 2021 and Harley and Rambo are gone, probably Pope and Wiggins as well, that once jam packed WR room isn't going to be so packed anymore. Not even counting if any guys transfer out.

LB, DE, CB, WR, OL....older guys at LB and DE, young talent at CB, WR and OL.

Would've absolutely dominated as a Sr with Lashlee....could've easily been the 5th or 6th WR taken last week in the draft. JT was elite, no question about that. He's not on any squad rn though. Should try CFL or Arena to resurrect career if possible
he couldnt be that elite then...unless of course the pro teams are out to get him, havent coached him up right, or just dont understand him.

of course.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
That 85-87 DL was no joke....
It was amazing. Big Cat Derwin Jones was on that line too. Played against him in HS and was at some awards banquets with him. Really good dude too. Thought about looking him up when I returned from overseas...hadn’t realized cancer got him. RIP. Line was crazy!

he couldnt be that elite then...unless of course the pro teams are out to get him, havent coached him up right, or just do t understand him.

of course.
Being elite in football talent and being mature enough to handle the responsibilities of a professional athlete, especially an NFL player, are two completely different subjects my friend. It was never about JT not having the ability, it was ALWAYS character/lack of accountability etc.

Advertisement
Being elite in football talent and being mature enough to handle the responsibilities of a professional athlete, especially an NFL player, are two completely different subjects my friend. It was never about JT not having the ability, it was ALWAYS character/lack of accountability etc.
and yet both subjects/components (at least the minimum in each) are necessary to have CFB/NFL careers.

Projecting him to be elite at best and more than serviceable at worse. Some places aren't for everyone, and that's DEFINITELY true at a place like Notre Dame. Totally understand him being drawn there from a business perspective, post playing days/degree...degree from there and he's practically set for life after he's done playing college/pro....In the business world they're alumni is 2nd to none, of course understanding that Ivy League schools are a separate entity/category lol. But Notre Lame degrees are in the tier with Stanford/Duke etc.
How can you project someone to be serviceable at best if in 2 years they’ve never even caught a pass in a team scrimmage let alone a game?

and yet both subjects/components (at least the minimum in each) are necessary to have CFB/NFL careers.
True. I don't argue just to argue, you are absolutely correct. So do you think him playing last year in Lashlee's offense would've made a difference? I do think he'd still had a ways to go maturity wise, but I think the offensive production on the field would've made him worth the gamble of around that 4th round selection point. Traditionally 4th round and later are low risk high return players, and I think he'd fit that had he gone for maybe 1,000+ yards and 7-10 TDs mixed with a return TD or two.

Advertisement
How can you project someone to be serviceable at best if in 2 years they’ve never even caught a pass in a team scrimmage let alone a game?
2 years? He's a class of 2020 kid....only 1 season been played since he started college football and that season was played without spring football and watered down summer drills/fall camp due to the pandemic. So really freshman from 2020 were placed in the MOST difficult situation going into a season than any freshman class in college football history. Would you agree or disagree with that?

True. I don't argue just to argue, you are absolutely correct. So do you think him playing last year in Lashlee's offense would've made a difference? I do think he'd still had a ways to go maturity wise, but I think the offensive production on the field would've made him worth the gamble of around that 4th round selection point. Traditionally 4th round and later are low risk high return players, and I think he'd fit that had he gone for maybe 1,000+ yards and 7-10 TDs mixed with a return TD or two.
You bring up a great question...

With his head in the right place and his physical talents, no doubt he would have contributed to Miami's O, especially if he took away plays from Pope/Wiggins. Goodness, one of those two on the bench would be addition by subtraction.

Do I think his head would get in the right place? Don't know the cat personally, but he appears to share traits of a few I've seen... and they never get their shît together... they always find a way to fück it up

Advertisement
Back