5 Star Notre Dame WR Jordan Johnson enters the Portal

Advertisement
Pass. We're going to have 15 scholarship receivers at this rate. Give a LB or stud DE if we're going to use a counter on a transfer.

With 2022 receiver class looking like doo-doo, especially locally, this kid is definitely a take. He’s still got full eligibility so it’s really not different than signing a high school kid. Besides Notre Dame dorks are always blaming their academics when kids don’t pan out for them. “Oh he couldn’t meet our academic standards”, my ***. If the kid was a dumbass, why’d you sign him in the first place? Bring him to Gables.

Advertisement
Every head case is just waiting for the right situation.
Comes with the territory... When talking WRs there's a 50/50 shot they are a headcase

WR is second to only hockey goalies in terms of crazy MFers

Advertisement
Pass. We're going to have 15 scholarship receivers at this rate. Give a LB or stud DE if we're going to use a counter on a transfer.
Don't just repeat stuff you read on the board, look at the actual numbers.

Well we have Harley, Rambo, Pope and Wiggins who are gone after this year and two starters for sure. Say for arguments sake Pope and Wiggins use the extra freebie year and do return (unlikely) just to give your analysis the benefit of the doubt... this will leave Pope, X, Wiggins, Payton, Redding, Worsham, B. Smith, Brinson, George and whoever we sign this year. That is only 9 plus whoever we sign this year.

IF the rumors are true about us being interested, I think that is the result of one of two things (1) we expect some WR to hit the portal, would any one be surprised to see Pope, Wiggins, Payton, or Daz, hit the portal? I think it is likely at least ONE bounces which leaves us with 8 (best case) for next year plus whoever we sign. AND/OR (2) the local crop at WR is down this year and we do not feel great about where we are at with some targets and will burn a '22 ship on a guy who is basically a RS Frosh coming in.

Or put it this way, what HS WR prospect do you think we have a legit shot with that is better than this kid? When is the last time there was a So. Fla. WR NOT rated in the top 300 of overall recruits or even in the top 50 of WR nationwide? I just looked, the top ranked WR from FLA this year (pursuant to 247 comp) is Amarion Brown from Stuart FL ranked 314 overall and committed to Rutgers, followed by Erriyon Knighton (believe he is focusing on track) and Greg Gaines from Tampa Tech. Not a SINGLE WR from the entire state in the top 300, let alone So. Fla.

Advertisement
I love Santo Domingo but I don’t get there anymore. I’m in Cabarete/Sosua/Puerto Plata now. I usually head way east of here - and I prefer the east side of the north coast - but this area is closer to Santiago so I figured that I’d give it a shot this time.
Dang Man. I thought I was rolling with you this time.

Advertisement
Whatever issues the kid has, Brian Kelly didn't help the situation by constantly badmouthing him to the press. Kelly didn't like being questioned about not using him more, so he'd air dirty laundry and say that Johnson wasn't in the game plan because of "certain traits" and academic issues. I suppose Johnson should consider himself lucky that Kelly didn't tell him to go up high in a cherry picker to get a birds eye view of practice.

just unfortunately not at full potential in Coral Gables...

where is he now btw?? Patriots still?
Would've absolutely dominated as a Sr with Lashlee....could've easily been the 5th or 6th WR taken last week in the draft. JT was elite, no question about that. He's not on any squad rn though. Should try CFL or Arena to resurrect career if possible

Advertisement
Back