5 star DT Taylor is 290 pounds now his coach said.

He talks about not only his strength gains and weight gains but also how Collins is a beast in the weight room ( considering he is supposedly not a work out warrior)

Go Canes

apparently, according to LT, if Collins get his hands on someone it’s a wrap. He has man strength. Question now is does he move well because as we know, in college and beyond, leverage is often more important than sheer size or strength (see John Randall for example).

Advertisement
apparently, according to LT, if Collins get his hands on someone it’s a wrap. He has man strength. Question now is does he move well because as we know, in college and beyond, leverage is often more important than sheer size or strength (see John Randall for example).

If only we could get Taylor up to Fatson's 400-pound frame, then he could actually play DT for us...

Collins looks like a grown man so not surprising he has grown man strength. I know most on here want to throw him to the wolves but having a DT with his natural strength and size is rare down here. I wouldnt be so quick to disregard him.

LT is LT. 5* and he is showing it and not leaving any doubt.

Advertisement
Collins looks like a grown man so not surprising he has grown man strength. I know most on here want to throw him to the wolves but having a DT with his natural strength and size is rare down here. I wouldnt be so quick to disregard him.

Not true there are war daddy types sprinkled through out Florida they just get snapped up by the $EC Bagman.

The 2022 DT class in Florida is loaded with future big men.

Go Canes

The only 2021 DT not named Smith that I would be willing swap Savion Collins for is USCe commit Nicholas Barrett (ooooo weee that is a bad young man).

Go Canes

Advertisement
He said he likes Miami but hasn't heard from them in a while.
To be fair, they may not have his new phone number.

I told him he's gotta text them from his new number. SMH lol (kids)

I'm gonna send them his new cell number.
😂😂😂 I feel your pain 🤦🏽‍♂️

I wonder if Taylor and Elijah Roberts may start out as big DEs.

If Phillips/Roche leave and Silvera/Ford stay, those depth charts are a bit unbalanced.

Advertisement
I wonder if Taylor and Elijah Roberts may start out as big DEs.

If Phillips/Roche leave and Silvera/Ford stay, those depth charts are a bit unbalanced.

that would be a Clemson type of D-line. Manny doesn’t seem to like those 275+ DE’s though.

I think it’s safe to say that Phillips and Roche are gone. It’s possible both Nesta and Ford are gone also.

going to be really interesting to see who comes back next year. Lots of moving pieces p

Advertisement
he is a RD freshman who is behind 5 other players at both DE and DT. What do you expect of him?

If you're legit, you play early. Especially one as athletic as Blissett.

JHH, a lower rated recruit, is playing well in his second year.

Next year, idk, I think we need to see Blissett pay some dividends on the hype. Going to need him to. Especially if, as D$ said, in that DE/DT role...which, Blissett looks like he could play, being a bit light for the DT spot.

Assuming Nesta stays, JHH will start next to him and then the 3rd and 4th DT competition will something to watch next spring and summer. Miller, Taylor, Blissett, Holley, and Roberts. Haye will need some time which is okay.

If you're legit, you play early. Especially one as athletic as Blissett.

JHH, a lower rated recruit, is playing well in his second year.

Next year, idk, I think we need to see Blissett pay some dividends on the hype. Going to need him to. Especially if, as D$ said, in that DE/DT role...which, Blissett looks like he could play, being a bit light for the DT spot.
I mean are Holley and Blissett jags at this point? People on this board by enlarge are not happy with ford and miller. Ford had his best game last game and miller has be “Eh” and certainly it living up to the hype. With All the hype Blissett was getting especially Holley this past spring they should have been seeing more reps no?

Assuming Nesta stays, JHH will start next to him and then the 3rd and 4th DT competition will something to watch next spring and summer. Miller, Taylor, Blissett, Holley, and Roberts. Haye will need some time which is okay.

DT1 - Nesta - Miller

DT2 - JHH - Taylor

That’s the top 4 I see with the other 3 rotating in as well

Advertisement
Back