5 star DT Taylor is 290 pounds now his coach said.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I've watched him 2 weeks in a row. I had no clue he was 290 because he is FAST AS **** & looks slim. Apparently he just carries 290 pounds extremely well. I honestly thought he was a little lighter than 255 because he is a blur off the line
Good to hear. How does collins look?

Advertisement
Lord have mercy. If that kid can move at 300 the way he moved at 255... And he hasn't even gotten strong, yet.

That's like fusing Gerald Willis and Nesta into one DT. Kid has elite written all over him.
OR fusing Greg Rousseau And Warren Sapp. How about Reggie White and Jerome Brown?

I really can't wait to get Taylor enrolled and into the S&C program. Barring injury, Leonard Taylor is the type of kid who could come right in and start at any position on the DL. Yes he is that good. Now put him together with guys like Elijah Roberts and Chanz Williams and kids already playing like Cam Williams, Jafari Harvey, Silvera, Miller, Harrison-Hunte, Quinten Williams, Jason Blisset, Jalar Holley plus the other DL is the 2021 class like Alan Haye, Savion Collins, Jabari Ishmael and Thomas Davis. We may very well be losing both of our 1st string DEs Jalen Phillips and Quincy Roche in addition to DT Jon Ford but just look at that list of every DL we will have for next year. That's excellent talent and depth.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Welcome to the world of 5-star DT's fellas.
Leonard Taylor is not one of these lower ranked "developmental" guys with cankles who can't move at 300lbs.
We’re pretty lucky. Our DT room will probably the most athletic position group on the team relative to their peers.

JHH
Taylor
Q Williams
Roberts
Holley
Blisset (if he’s still a DT)

All seem to be + athletes.

We’re a long ways away from the Golden DTs.

Kid reminds me of Jerome Brown, who IMO, was the best Tackle in Miami History. I also remember when Brown was with the Eagles and the HOF DE just dominated every opposing team on their side of the ball. This kid has the speed, strength, agility, and moves of Jerome Brown.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back