5-star DB Fred Davis Returning To Hard Rock Soon

View as article
Advertisement
The thing I don’t get is I read he turned himself in. Does that mean that he left the scene of the accident? I am guessing that the mailcarrier probably doesn’t want him kicked of the team so he can play and get drafted and they can sue him for millions!

The thing I don’t get is I read he turned himself in. Does that mean that he left the scene of the accident? I am guessing that the mailcarrier probably doesn’t want him kicked of the team so he can play and get drafted and they can sue him for millions!
This right here.
The fans are saying he “manned up” and turned himself in.
THREE WEEKS LATER!!!!!
This was a hit and run!!!! And nobody in the media is saying what it actually was. He fled the scene of an accident he caused and had no choice but to turn himself in. This has spin written all over it. It was a hit and run period.
Dude fled the scene of an accident he caused.
IMO the team tried to keep this under wraps cause they’re gonna need him in that first game. There probably gonna suspend him from team Activities while he works out with coaches off campus.

Last edited:
This right here.
THREE WEEKS LATER!!!!!
This was a hit and run!!!! And nobody in the media is saying what it actually was. He fled the scene of an accident he caused and had no choice but to turn himself in. This has spin written all over it. It was a hit and run period.
IMO the team tried to keep this under wraps cause they’re gonna need him in that first game. There probably gonna suspend him from team Activities while he works out with coaches off campus.
The small town media is such an advantage over schools like usc Miami etc who play in big markets

Advertisement
Some more information about the accident:
The USPS driver was a woman and single mother of three who can no longer work. She suffered a skull fracture, spinal injury, dislocated shoulder and hip injuries.

A go-fund me was set up to help her out - here's a link to the story

The USPS driver was a woman and single mother of three who can no longer work. She suffered a skull fracture, spinal injury, dislocated shoulder and hip injuries.

He should be in jail for this. Period.

If he'd have killed her, he'd be in jail for a long time. Is this that much better? She's a single mother who can no longer support her family and has massive injuries. All because of this dude being insanely careless and reckless. He should absolutely do time for this bull****. And I'd say that if he were my own kid. Mistakes happen, no doubt. And an accident is just that. But this is completely reckless behavior which caused a life altering event for an innocent person.

Big lawsuit coming I’m sure. She deserves every penny she sues for.

Advertisement
This right here.
THREE WEEKS LATER!!!!!
Yeah I am curious about this.... I did not see where he was charged with a hit and run. I wonder if the cops tried to let him off easy with just a ticket and did an accident report, then when the state got ahold of it they said nah, we have to charge this dude, did so, and when he found out he had a warrant issued, he turned himself in. This would also explain why it was kept under wraps for weeks. Like I am sure college kids get speeding tickets constantly, a regular traffic infraction is not going to illicit news most likely.

Prayers for the the mom that’s horrible regardless of Davis football abilities he should be in jail and if not proves even further how horrible our justice system is

Advertisement
I'd be surprised if he plays again. There will be too much criminal and civil litigation, unless there is a VERY EARLY plea and settlement in the civil suit. Not likely. This is a multimillion dollar suit on the way.

Yeah I am curious about this.... I did not see where he was charged with a hit and run. I wonder if the cops tried to let him off easy with just a ticket and did an accident report, then when the state got ahold of it they said nah, we have to charge this dude, did so, and when he found out he had a warrant issued, he turned himself in. This would also explain why it was kept under wraps for weeks. Like I am sure college kids get speeding tickets constantly, a regular traffic infraction is not going to illicit news most likely.
Ironically, it was on the South Carolina 247 site the next day. Someone brought it over to the Clemson board and asked who was involved. Initially it was just a "football player" and the USCe board was saying it was a Clemson guy... Then more came out from people who lived in the area...

I'd be surprised if he plays again. There will be too much criminal and civil litigation, unless there is a VERY EARLY plea and settlement in the civil suit. Not likely. This is a multimillion dollar suit on the way.

In a twisted sort of way, I want him to play so the victim can receive the financial support she and her family needs. Here's the minimum auto insurance in SC (and we can be pretty confident he had the minimum) per the state website (https://www.doi.sc.gov/588/Automobile-Insurance):

• Bodily injury liability insurance protects you against the claims of other people who are injured in an accident for which you were at fault. South Carolina requires you to carry a minimum of $25,000 per person for bodily injury and $50,000 for all persons injured in one accident. Claims for bodily injury may include medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.

Property damage liability insurance pays for any damage you cause to the property of others. This not only includes damages to other vehicles but also other property, such as buildings, walls, fences, and equipment. The minimum limit in South Carolina is $25,000 for all property damage in one accident.

Those amounts do nothing for this woman.

Advertisement
In a twisted sort of way, I want him to play so the victim can receive the financial support she and her family needs. Here's the minimum auto insurance in SC (and we can be pretty confident he had the minimum) per the state website (https://www.doi.sc.gov/588/Automobile-Insurance):

• Bodily injury liability insurance protects you against the claims of other people who are injured in an accident for which you were at fault. South Carolina requires you to carry a minimum of $25,000 per person for bodily injury and $50,000 for all persons injured in one accident. Claims for bodily injury may include medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.

Property damage liability insurance pays for any damage you cause to the property of others. This not only includes damages to other vehicles but also other property, such as buildings, walls, fences, and equipment. The minimum limit in South Carolina is $25,000 for all property damage in one accident.

Agreed with the latter part, and complete speculation on my part but I wonder what the limits are for the USPS insurance, I would imagine high as I believe they are self insured as a quasi-governmental agency. I had an uncle who worked as a postal worker up north and he did well. After years and years of service like any governmental job his pension, benefits, etc. really set him and his family up nicely.

I went through a similar thought process when I first heard about the extent of her injuries. The best chance she and her family ever have at being made financially whole is if Fred Davis learns from this tragic incident, for him to be given (and make the most of) a second chance at college football, so that he ends up making it to the NFL, and she gets a judgment against him that he'd then be in a position to actually pay.

It's a weird place to arrive at, honestly, and I'm not sure where I land on this. You want to see that this sort of conduct is adequately punished, and you also want to make certain the victim is made whole (at least as best as possible). In this case, the best chance at accomplishing the latter comes at the price of the former.

For @Cookie917, it looks like there is some sort of federally-backed workers' compensation program for on-the-job injuries involving postal workers. Link. I'm sure it's a drop in the bucket compared to what she'd get in a civil suit, though (and almost certainly doesn't provide for access to top-flight medical treaters or compensate for pain/suffering).

I wonder if the car is under his name. If not and it’s owned by someone else, I assume they could be liable as well.

Advertisement
Back