5-star DB Fred Davis Returning To Hard Rock Soon

Could you imagine if it was owned by a booster šŸ˜³
I donā€™t have the time to check. But I alluded to this on a previous post on this thread. Police reports are public record and the vin number should be found somewhere in that report. I assume that car had a shady history and the reason for the delay likely had to do with the title or title history of that car and the program trying to find away to scrub that title or vin.

Advertisement
This is what Dabo said this afternoon at his pre-practice press conference:

"I'm first of all thankful to the good Lord and first responders that an incredibly serious situation didn't become tragic. As far as Fred Davis goes, this is not of his character. It was extremely bad decision-making.

"He's going to deal with lots of consequences. We have policies in place from a university standpoint as far as misdemeanors go. He'll face internal discipline with the team as well.

"He'll have consequences from this for a long, long time. ... His team discipline started today and will continue."

In a twisted sort of way, I want him to play so the victim can receive the financial support she and her family needs. Here's the minimum auto insurance in SC (and we can be pretty confident he had the minimum) per the state website (https://www.doi.sc.gov/588/Automobile-Insurance):

• Bodily injury liability insurance protects you against the claims of other people who are injured in an accident for which you were at fault. South Carolina requires you to carry a minimum of $25,000 per person for bodily injury and $50,000 for all persons injured in one accident. Claims for bodily injury may include medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.

Property damage liability insurance pays for any damage you cause to the property of others. This not only includes damages to other vehicles but also other property, such as buildings, walls, fences, and equipment. The minimum limit in South Carolina is $25,000 for all property damage in one accident.

Those amounts do nothing for this woman.
Yeah, he'll never pay the balance on the settlement unless he plays pro ball.

"I'm first of all thankful to the good Lord and first responders that an incredibly serious situation didn't become tragic. As far as Fred Davis goes, this is not of his character. It was extremely bad decision-making.

"He's going to deal with lots of consequences. We have policies in place from a university standpoint as far as misdemeanors go. He'll face internal discipline with the team as well.

"He'll have consequences from this for a long, long time. ... His team discipline started today and will continue."
Not sure what car he drove to arrive at "didn't become tragic." He might want to seek treatment for tone deafness.

It didnā€™t become tragic????!!!!!!
WWWWTTTTFFFF??!!!! Spinal chord injury isnā€™t tragic? Not being able to probably not provide your family with income and the security of a federal job?
Thank the good lord that isnā€™t my kin.
And btw does 247 and their frontrunner man **** guzzling department have an article on it? Is it front page 247 for a whole week like AQM and grace were. I donā€™t recall any of them running a single mother off the road with the exocitic cars rentals.

Advertisement

What a crock of crap... translation..."He's invaluable for us to win and gets privileges because of his athletic gifts". Being in a small town really gives teams like Clemson and Bama advantages in regards to what is considered a clean and ethical program.

Agreed with the latter part, and complete speculation on my part but I wonder what the limits are for the USPS insurance, I would imagine high as I believe they are self insured as a quasi-governmental agency. I had an uncle who worked as a postal worker up north and he did well. After years and years of service like any governmental job his pension, benefits, etc. really set him and his family up nicely.
you're correct, I have a buddy that works for USPS and she will be taken care of. especially because it was on the job.

I think the world has changed in a lot of areas, and this is one them, Clemson is going to discipline severely, they have no choice.
Maybe, maybe not. This happened a month ago and he is still on the team. Avantae was kicked off same day. Hard to compare beating up a pregnant woman with almost killing someone and injuring others, but both cases should be slam dunk immediate dismissal from the team. It's not like there are underlying issues to consider

Advertisement
How this kid still at Clemson is beyond me. Guess Dabo think he will suffer more after he leaves so why bother now. perfect example of a coach looking out for his own best interest.

Maybe, maybe not. This happened a month ago and he is still on the team. Avantae was kicked off same day. Hard to compare beating up a pregnant woman with almost killing someone and injuring others, but both cases should be slam dunk immediate dismissal from the team. It's not like there are underlying issues to consider
I know we have some lawyers and law enforcement officers so please someone enlighten the board into how THEEE FCK is driving 115 mph, hitting a government vehicle, causing severe bodily injury to multiple people, then fleeing the scene a misdemeanor?

I know we have some lawyers and law enforcement officers so please someone enlighten the board into how THEEE FCK is driving 115 mph, hitting a government vehicle, causing severe bodily injury to multiple people, then fleeing the scene a misdemeanor?
I don't think he fled the scene. One of news reports said he said he was uninjured at the scene but a little bit later was taken to the hospital to have a leg injury looked at. I think the delay in charging him was simply law enforcement putting the story together.

LMAO, ā€didnt become tragicā€ and points out it was a misdemeanor.

Dabo letting you know exactly who his god is, and it ainā€™t the good Lord.

Advertisement
LMAO, ā€didnt become tragicā€ and points out it was a misdemeanor.

Dabo letting you know exactly who his god is, and it ainā€™t the good Lord.
Imagine being related to this poor woman and reading those comments. Dabo leaving no doubt that his "faith and football" schtick is just snake oil salesman BS.

Because crimes committed with intent are viewed differently than a crime committed recklessly. Not defending the kid at all but any comparison to a pre-meditated assault of a pregnant woman is just going to look silly. Even though I agree that this kid should at the very minimum not playing this year.

Advertisement
Manny wins first Acc title in 2027 when NCAA forces Clemson to vacate wins from 2021 season for playing with an ineligible player?

Still something is off, if you watch the video (or see screenshot below), the back of the mail truck is not really damaged, like at all, if a car hit it at 115, I imagine it be pretty smashed up and the report said witnesses said it was a head on crash due to a wrong lane driver. Possible it was due to it being flipped like you said, but I wonder if he was speeding around a slow car on one of those long *** one lane backwoods highways, went into the other lane, and hit the mail truck. View attachment 151101

Because crimes committed with intent are viewed differently than a crime committed recklessly. Not defending the kid at all but any comparison to a pre-meditated assault of a pregnant woman is just going to look silly. Even though I agree that this kid should at the very minimum not playing this year.
Great point! Wasn't looking at AW as premediated, but that would make a huge difference

The takeaways:

Clemson is trying to frame this as a misdemeanor and they are going try to sweep the fact that it was a hit and run and that he fled the scene of the crime under the rug.

Also, driving over 25 MPH above the speed limit in SC can result in 30 days in jail. Wasn't this dude driving like 70MPH ABOVE the limit?

Also #2, felony charges can accompany a speeding violation in South Carolina if other circumstances arise. For example, causing an injury while speeding may result in felony charges.

Also #3, it IS fricking "tragic" Debo, you piece of rotten ***** corpse, when a woman is so injured she is hospitalized with serious injuries and is unable to return to work and live a normal life.

Advertisement
Back