5* S Tyreke Johnson in portal

I don’t see Saban taking a transfer at db for 1 year when he has a room full of them. That sht ain’t happening there so why tf should it happen here.
Unless he managed to recruit four jags like we have at some positions he just ain’t gonna get a portal layer for one year that washed out at the school he directly competes against for recruits.
saban brought in 4 of the top 10 wrs in the class of 21....then brought in a transfer dont tell me about what saban wont do when he's doing it.STACKING TALENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Has it been determined how many years of eligibility he would have, some say 1 year rental, some say he has 3 years.

saban brought in 4 of the top 10 wrs in the class of 21....then brought in a transfer dont tell me about what saban wont do when he's doing it.STACKING TALENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He brought in a linebacker not a receiver.
We’re talking about bringing in a safety in a loaded safety room with good players and potentially 2 blue chippers at safety for the 22 class. Saban didn’t recruit four receivers then went to the portal for an extra wideout. What good is stacking talent at one position where your already good at while ignoring the positions your weak at? No one is against stacking talent as long as your doing it wisely

He brought in a linebacker not a receiver.
We’re talking about bringing in a safety in a loaded safety room with good players and potentially 2 blue chippers at safety for the 22 class. Saban didn’t recruit four receivers then went to the portal for an extra wideout. What good is stacking talent at one position where your already good at while ignoring the positions your weak at? No one is against stacking talent as long as your doing it wisely
I think he is referring to the OSU* WR transfer Williams

Advertisement
Has it been determined how many years of eligibility he would have, some say 1 year rental, some say he has 3 years.
3. 2018 recruit who enrolled early and redshirted in 2018. RS Fr in 2019 RS Soph in 2020. Because last year didn’t count because of Covid he is essentially a RS Soph again in 2021, leaving him 3 years left of eligibility.

My bad, I didn’t know they got him from Ohio state. I stand corrected. Maybe something is going on at taint and dudes are bouncing. Maybe they see that the new receivers aren’t ready. But our safety room is legit and we have an issue with a full 85. Bama gets away with oversigning every year. **** they even managed to have the sec change their transfer rule.

My bad, I didn’t know they got him from Ohio state. I stand corrected. Maybe something is going on at taint and dudes are bouncing. Maybe they see that the new receivers aren’t ready. But our safety room is legit and we have an issue with a full 85. Bama gets away with oversigning every year. **** they even managed to have the sec change their transfer rule.
all i see are excuses....we have 1 legit safety gurvan hasn't taken the next step we got two freshman who aren't proven so how does that make us legit?

Advertisement
Yeah tell me about when Miami was great and stacking talent? Or how it affects Alabama? Bama has more 5 stars on its team right now than the entire ACC. Being like Alabama is a problem I expect from Miami.
How many Alabama five stars are transfers who couldn’t crack the rotation at their former school? Big difference between signing a ton of five star recruits vs taking a former 5 star player who hasn’t done anything at the college level. We laughed at UF for thinking they were getting a 5 star talent when Lingard transferred there.

How many Alabama five stars are transfers who couldn’t crack the rotation at their former school? Big difference between signing a ton of five star recruits vs taking a former 5 star player who hasn’t done anything at the college level. We laughed at UF for thinking they were getting a 5 star talent when Lingard transferred there.

How does this logic make any sense? Is Florida obligated to start Lingard? The more guys you have in practice the better off you are. Are you saying somehow that Alabama is in a bad position? Or that taking a transfer from the most loaded school on planet Earth is somehow the same as taking a transfer from anywhere else? If any school has studs that cant crack the lineup its Alabama.

all i see are excuses....we have 1 legit safety gurvan hasn't taken the next step we got two freshman who aren't proven so how does that make us legit?
So we take any 5 star in the portal that has one year left at the detriment of counters for 23 regardless of need or position?

Advertisement
How does this logic make any sense? Is Florida bligated to start Lingard? The more guys you have in practice the better off you are. Are you saying somehow that Alabama is in a bad position? Or that taking a transfer from the most loaded school on planet Earth is somehow the same as taking a transfer from anywhere else? If any school has studs that cant crack the lineup its Alabama.
It's very simple. When people say Alabama is stacking talent, they don't mean they're taking castoffs who couldn't get on the field at other schools just because they were a 5 star recruit 3 years ago. The Lingard situation is the perfect example of that. He was a 5 star recruit. He couldn't get on the field at Miami. He transferred to Florida and their fans thought they were getting a 5 star player. What they got was a guy who couldn't crack the rotation at Miami and still can't crack the rotation at Florida. It's not like either school had a backlog of NFL running backs on their depth charts either. He couldn't beat out Cam Harris at Miami and he's behind Dameon Pierce, Nayquan Wright and Malik Davis at Florida.

When you take a transfer, he doesn't just count against your overall scholarship numbers. We're nowhere near 85 so that's not an issue. They also count as an Initial counter which you're only allowed 25 per year. For every transfer you take, you get one less incoming freshman slot. So you're trading a potential four year player for a one or two year guy. If it's a position of need, you take that trade-off. Especially if it's a proven commodity like the two defensive end transfers we had last year. Safety is the deepest position on the team currently. I don't think using an IC spot for a guy who likely would be second team at best is a good idea. Bring me a starting caliber MLB, and that's a completely different story.

Advertisement
It's very simple. When people say Alabama is stacking talent, they don't mean they're taking castoffs who couldn't get on the field at other schools just because they were a 5 star recruit 3 years ago. The Lingard situation is the perfect example of that. He was a 5 star recruit. He couldn't get on the field at Miami. He transferred to Florida and their fans thought they were getting a 5 star player. What they got was a guy who couldn't crack the rotation at Miami and still can't crack the rotation at Florida. It's not like either school had a backlog of NFL running backs on their depth charts either. He couldn't beat out Cam Harris at Miami and he's behind Dameon Pierce, Nayquan Wright and Malik Davis at Florida.

When you take a transfer, he doesn't just count against your overall scholarship numbers. We're nowhere near 85 so that's not an issue. They also count as an Initial counter which you're only allowed 25 per year. For every transfer you take, you get one less incoming freshman slot. So you're trading a potential four year player for a one or two year guy. If it's a position of need, you take that trade-off. Especially if it's a proven commodity like the two defensive end transfers we had last year. Safety is the deepest position on the team currently. I don't think using an IC spot for a guy who likely would be second team at best is a good idea. Bring me a starting caliber MLB, and that's a completely different story.
He redshirted and last year didnt count. From everything I see he played corner at OSU. Our CB recruiting has been horrible of late. That's a position of need for us. These guys must do everything they can to fill the 85 with potential. If there are limits they need to weigh those against other transfers but unless there is some overwhelming issue with him he should be in the mix for one of the last few spots.

So the initial response of "WE DO NOT WANT A 1 YEAR RENTAL GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!" when proven factually wrong although spouted throughout the thread and no one seemed to know has now gone to "YEAH BUT WILL HE EVEN PLAY HERE GUYS?!?!?!?!"

I love this site

/for the record I say pass as well

Advertisement
Back