Votes: 51 32.1%
  • Jalen Rivers

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Davonte Brown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nyjalik Kelly

Votes: 27 17.0%

• Total voters
Was he another guy who mysteriously got injured in practice during game week and missed games? I lost count how many guys that happened to last year.. Those tough practices seemed to help the other team more than make us tougher, word to @LuCane .. :durantunimpressed:

Ha. I still don’t understand how you all seem to be advocating for something closer to what Manny Diaz’s practices looked like. That definitely didn’t help us. It was wild. We basically didn’t tackle at all. And, I’ve said we needed to go away from that.

Remove the worst OC hire I’ve ever seen from last year’s team and I doubt this is as much of an issue.

Advertisement
Ha. I still don’t understand how you all seem to be advocating for something closer to what Manny Diaz’s practices looked like. That definitely didn’t help us. It was wild. We basically didn’t tackle at all. And, I’ve said we needed to go away from that.

Remove the worst OC hire I’ve ever seen from last year’s team and I doubt this is as much of an issue.
Didnt know you posted we needed to get away from mash unit practices. I guess my belief was as bad as we tackled with manny practices, it doesnt matter how hard you practice if you are down a couple key players every week due to some game week practice you cant build toughness with season long injuries piling up..

There has to be a happy medium, and with you on OC. But the guy who hired the staff only to fire majority is still here.. Was it staff or the guy who hand picked with blank check? For our sanity lets hope and pray Dawson is a true air raid guru and not someone who should just be right hand man of one..

Didnt know you posted we needed to get away from mash unit practices. I guess my belief was as bad as we tackled with manny practices, it doesnt matter how hard you practice if you are down a couple key players every week due to some game week practice you cant build toughness with season long injuries piling up..

There has to be a happy medium, and with you on OC. But the guy who hired the staff only to fire majority is still here.. Was it staff or the guy who hand picked with blank check? For our sanity lets hope and pray Dawson is a true air raid guru and not someone who should just be right hand man of one..

I don’t know what the happy medium is and I don’t get the same access - via convos or otherwise - I used to, but what I know for sure is Manny’s practices were a complete confusion of what is needed to develop players *at this level.* College players cannot be expected to go weeks with minimal hitting and tackling. Unlike NFL players, they just don’t have those skills to turn it off and on like a light switch.

As for accountability on hiring and leading that abomination of a staff last year, anyone, including Mario, who deflects accountability away from the top guy is making a mistake, IMO.

I don’t have any predictions for Dawson because I have no idea what he’ll actually run.

Just sitting calmly to the side and awaiting something of substance to get excited about regarding our Hurricanes.

Advertisement
Back